X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Is it system or Players???

Watching the game last night I noticed that KC is a good team because Vermiel has gotten players that fit his system, he and his GM are on the same page. Did anyone see last weeks MNF halftime when KC OC was asking Priest what running plays he liked??? KC has aquired personell that fits the coaches system.

My question is has TD just aquired what seem to be good players??? Are the players we have overrated???

Or is GW trying to run a system that he does not have the players for ????

There is no speed at wr, notice Vermeil though his recievers do not have huge stats, uses them well, set up Hall to run a fly pattern to stretch defense.

Why does not GW use Brown in that role ?????

GW is stubborn the defense in the first half puzzled me rush 4 and play the remaining 7 players 10 yards off the recievers????

It is confusing being a fan right now, do we have a bunch of overhyped overpaid players or a disastorous coaching staff??

Well lets just hope for the best and hope everyone gets on the same page because right now they are not.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I'll tell you Pro Bowl and superstar players dont turn to **** overnight!

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

exactly....

It is the system/coaching/discipline/intensity/motivation/etc. Not skill

All of those problems are solved with the FIRING of the ENTIRE coaching staff!

Comment

• Jaded 7
        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
        • Jul 2002

I think it's a combination of both. I think the Bills coaches suck and as we see with Dallas, a good coach can really turn a team around. But, I also think a lot of the Bills players are overrated. I just don't see them playing to their full potential. That Lawyer Malloy was supposed to be wonderful and I've seen a few games where he looks like crap! I'm not impressed with him at all. And there are other players that are supposed to be god sends for the Bills who aren't living up to their potential either. You can blame the coaches all you want, and they have to take some of the blame, but let's face it, the players have to begin to step up and start playing. I don't think they're doing that at all.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
        The only answer I found for all this hurt
        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jaded 7
          I think it's a combination of both. I think the Bills coaches suck and as we see with Dallas, a good coach can really turn a team around. But, I also think a lot of the Bills players are overrated. I just don't see them playing to their full potential. That Lawyer Malloy was supposed to be wonderful and I've seen a few games where he looks like crap! I'm not impressed with him at all. And there are other players that are supposed to be god sends for the Bills who aren't living up to their potential either. You can blame the coaches all you want, and they have to take some of the blame, but let's face it, the players have to begin to step up and start playing. I don't think they're doing that at all.
          Was Takeo Spikes good with the Bengals? Was Lawyer Milloy good with the Patriots? Was Travis Henry not in the Pro Bowl last year as well as Moulds and Bledsoe? The ****ing talent is there the coaches are absolutely killing these guys ability to make plays!!!!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

To me we have no speed WInfield and Milloy got burned by Hall

Moulds showed no speed before injury

Henry runs hard but 15 yards is the furthest he will go before getting caught

Look at what Vermiel did with Hall, he has recievers that have average stats Hall cant take the beating playeing full time but put him in the slot run a go route let him out run everyone
            Wow a coach using his personel
            The bills have Brown ??? HMMMMMM lets never put him out there just even if its just the threat of the bomb

The Bills do nothing to stretch the defense there is alway 11 men within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage that is why no one ever breaks free
            Hopefully Mc gahee has his speed back I say put him and henry in backfield together with Gash as an H back and run henry inside
            mc gahee outside and throw some screens to mc gahee to try to use his speed

Comment

• Jaded 7
              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
              • Jul 2002

I didn't follow any of these guys last year, so I have no idea how good they were or weren't. If they were so good, how come they were released?

I can't buy that the coaches are in complete control as to how a player performs on the field. Yeah, they make the calls, but come on, the players are still not playing up to their potential! You can't tell me that while Lawyer Malloy is being DRAGGED by a Jets receiver, it's the coaches fault! It's LAWYER'S fault he can't bring the guy down.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
              The only answer I found for all this hurt
              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Don't even include Moulds in this ****. Moulds is a premier receiver in this league there is no questioning that. Besides Moulds should have sat this one out as well.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

I am just saying Moulds is a great reciever but he is not stretching the defense he needs help

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

I think it's the system. Example: the B'gals under Marvin Lewis. Consistent 350 - 400 yards total offense. Good def. pressure with 4 down linemen. Adjustment away from risky offensive play calls and offensive predictability after 4 games into the season. Dumping or benching of non-performers. All coming off of a 2-14 season.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Well he hasn't had much help this year but is still getting ti done IMO.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

well he gets his 8 receptions a game for 125 yards but he is not scoring ( not his fault) stats are really useless if you can not score, I have seen this post before but when as a fan you can predict the play while watching the game what do you think NFL coaches and players can see??? The Bills offense is so predictable it is almost funny

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

I've been saying it for weeks. The bill's playbook has been published by Marvel Comics. They telegraph constantly.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                            • Aug 2003

Ever see the Waterboy I swear he has that idiots guide to coaching that Henry Winkler was using

Comment

• Ð
                              1-800-SAD-GOAT
                              • Jul 2002

Nah, it was DC

Comment

Working...
                              X