PDA

View Full Version : Bills vs. Chiefs Postgame Report Card

Michael82
10-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Quarterback: Drew Bledsoe had one of the worst games I have ever seen. His stats for the day were 23 of 34 for 153 yards, and 3 interceptions. He couldn’t get anything going as he was rushed all night and when he did have time, he forced passes into areas where there were 3 times as many Chiefs players than Bills players. Bledsoe also sat in the pocket way too long, taking 3 sacks, when he should have thrown the ball away. Terrible decisions led to the three interceptions and all the bad plays. Let’s hope that Drew can somehow regain the old swagger he had last year and change things around. If he doesn’t correct this stuff now, it’s going to be a long season! Alex Van Pelt was not any better and was 2 of 4 for 12 yards, with 2 interceptions. Grade: F-

Running Backs: Travis Henry started out slow but kept pounding through. He ended the night with 22 carries for 124 yards. However, stats can be deceiving. There was only 37 yards of that 124 in the first half. The rest of the yardage was meaningless, because the game was out of reach and Gilbride tried to reinvent the run. Too little, too late! Sammy Morris also saw mop up duty and had 3 carries for 9 yards. He also caught 1 pass for 7 yards. Sam Gash has to be really angry by now. He isn’t used much on the running plays and when he is used, they put him wide. Gash caught 1 pass for 4 yards. Overall, it was another game where it makes you wonder why the running game isn’t used. Same old Gilbride! Grade: B-

CLICK FOR MORE: (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=10&state=news&nid=7437)

:feedback:

R. Rich
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
My Grades:

OFFENSE

QB: F (DAMN!!)
RB: B+ (Travis was THE story of the game for Buffalo)
WR: C- (nice fumble, Reed)
TE: incomplete (did they suit up?)
OL: D (okay run blocking, but nothing else)
DL: D (poor tackling, except Pat Williams, NO PASS RUSH!!)
LB: C (again, poor tackling, coverage miscues)
DB: D (awful, but they could use a PASS RUSH!!!)
ST: B- (good punting from Moorman, decent kick returns from Brown, bad punt returns though)
Coaching: D+ (ill prepared again, no adjustments, they do get some credit for the punt block and re-committing to the run, albeit too late)

Michael82
10-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Man, why is everyone so nice to the LBs? They sucked!!!

IHateTheDullphins
10-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Anyone who gives the coaches a grade above F- needs their heads checked.

Michael82
10-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Anyone who gives the coaches a grade above F- needs their heads checked.

AGREED! FIRE THE COACHES!!!! ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!! :madcurse:

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:10 AM
The perfect song for these coaches is Eminem "Go to sleep" featuring DMX and Obie Trice. It's harsh but man that's how I feel right now!

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 11:10 AM
There's no such thing as F-. :shakeno:

Michael82
10-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
The perfect song for these coaches is Eminem "Go to sleep" featuring DMX and Obie Trice. It's harsh but man that's how I feel right now!

me too! :mad:

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Well if there ever was a time to invent nows the perfect time!:ill: :ebenezer:

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
me too! :mad:

Oh please. I bet you've never even heard that song.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:17 AM
If anyone wants that song IM me on aol Powercrutch is my screen name!:)

Michael82
10-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Oh please. I bet you've never even heard that song.

:angry: you!

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:18 AM

:angry: you!

:lol:

Michael82
10-27-2003, 11:25 AM
So, now back to the grades....was I too harsh on the lines? I wasn't sure if the OL was as bad as I thought they were.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:27 AM
Well I agree they were bad but I know of quite a few instances where drew sat back in the pocket for at least 5-8 seconds and that's more than enough time to rid of the ball so you can place blame on the qb as well as the o-line!

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Man, why is everyone so nice to the LBs? They sucked!!!

asking LBs to cover Gonzo is not the LBs fault...they are only playing the scheme given them. Hang that one on the coaches.

Michael82
10-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well I agree they were bad but I know of quite a few instances where drew sat back in the pocket for at least 5-8 seconds and that's more than enough time to rid of the ball so you can place blame on the qb as well as the o-line!

yeah, thats why Drew got a F- :snicker:

Michael82
10-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
asking LBs to cover Gonzo is not the LBs fault...they are only playing the scheme given them. Hang that one on the coaches.

Yes, but the LBs should have done their job, if they were told to do that. And they also were burned badly by a RB that they are supposed to cover. :shakeno:

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:41 AM

Yes, but the LBs should have done their job, if they were told to do that. And they also were burned badly by a RB that they are supposed to cover. :shakeno:

This is true but what Lb's can cover gonads...?lol:)

Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 12:53 PM

Mike?? Ever play defensive back?? It is tough enough for those guys to cover Gonzo. Do you think a coach can just tell a player to do something that he cannot do and he will do it?? Name me 3 LBs in this league that can cover Gonzo? If you think LBs can cover Gonzo on a regular basis then you are a candidate for GW's coaching school.

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 01:02 PM

How about "WF/" That's "Withdrawal-Failing."

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 01:04 PM

Not to mention the times Gonzo wasn't covered AT ALL. Ya think someone'll hang that one on Drew too? heheheh

R. Rich
10-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

Not to mention the times Gonzo wasn't covered AT ALL. Ya think someone'll hang that one on Drew too? heheheh

Helmet, just about every team that plays football has a tendency of letting the TE release off the line without being touched. If you're playing a zone coverage on the play, as the Bills were, then it looks like the TE isn't covered at all. It happens all the time, from little league to the pros. I don't know why, but it does.

Michael82
10-27-2003, 02:17 PM
Mike?? Ever play defensive back?? It is tough enough for those guys to cover Gonzo. Do you think a coach can just tell a player to do something that he cannot do and he will do it?? Name me 3 LBs in this league that can cover Gonzo? If you think LBs can cover Gonzo on a regular basis then you are a candidate for GW's coaching school.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Then, it's the coaches fault. :D

Maybe I should give the coaching staff a Z for their grade. Can't get any lower than that. :snicker:

Dozerdog
10-27-2003, 02:27 PM
I'd give special teams an A or even an A+

They kept league MVP candidate Hall from getting any type of return.

The Blocked punt- It was the Bill's ONLY big play

The Bills had awesome field position all first half- without the benefit of a turnover. That's the Special team's doing. Even Antonio Brown was decent in this game.

The only negatives- a missed 49 yard FG and after Brown got labled in the second half, he fair caught a ball a bit to quick. A little gun shy?