• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

OK, I'll add another req't to my new HC

I'll expand the available HC pool beyond Jimmy Johnson:

They must be either former Super Bowl winning coaches or have taken ONE team to the brink of a conference title and come up short, and deserve one more chance.

That would increase my list of available coaches on my interview invite list to Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, George Seifert and Dennis Green. Am I missing anyone?

My reasons:

- Proven Head Coaching success for the Super Bowl winners
    - In Dennis Green's case, he deserves another shot to build on the lessons he learned despite having great success. And he'd make the NFL feel great about hiring another non-caucasian head coach.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Hey George Seifert was a great coach but how old is he? I can gave a **** what the NFL wants as a head coach, I just want a guy who can ****ing coach period!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

I say Tom Coughlin!
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• dolfan
        Junior Zoner
        • Sep 2003

Re: OK, I'll add another req't to my new HC

Originally posted by Judge

They must be either former Super Bowl winning coaches or have taken ONE team to the brink of a conference title and come up short, and deserve one more chance.

That would increase my list of available coaches on my interview invite list to Bill Walsh, Joe Gibbs, George Seifert and Dennis Green. Am I missing anyone?

My reasons:

- Proven Head Coaching success for the Super Bowl winners
        - In Dennis Green's case, he deserves another shot to build on the lessons he learned despite having great success. And he'd make the NFL feel great about hiring another non-caucasian head coach.
        dennis green is good for buffalo , if he can't win with the talent in minnesota he sure as hell won't win with buffalo , but they would be a great match crap + crap = bills :

Comment

• Judge
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          I say Tom Coughlin!
          What did he ever win, by the way? Do you think he learned enough in watching his Super Bowl contender disintegrate under him to deserve another chance? I'm not sure.
          Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Crap+Crap+Crap=Dolphin Fans!

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

I put him in the same category as Dennis Green! He had great teams and got close. Probably hungry! Remember he started that team from nothing!

He got to the AFC Championship game a couple of times!
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

No way Joe Gibbs leaves racing to coach again.

I always liked Art Shell.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                  No way Joe Gibbs leaves racing to coach again.

I always liked Art Shell.
                  How long has Art Shell been out of the NFL?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

What did he ever win, by the way? Do you think he learned enough in watching his Super Bowl contender disintegrate under him to deserve another chance? I'm not sure.

He's been a Super bowl assistant, and then turned around a poor Boston College program. He took an expansion team in it's second season to the Championship game. That includes inflicting the only Bills home playoff loss at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He got the Jags good quickly, and kept them there. Hell, he even made Rob Johnson look good enough for a sucker to give a #1 and a #4 for him.
                    He's a disciplinarian.

Most of all, he's available. Siefert outside of the San Fran system was a dismal flop at Carolina. If we are going to bring up Walsh, then we might as expand the "Fantasy land" candidates to include Lou saban, Chuck Knoll, Chuck Knox, Bud Grant (is he dead yet?) and Don Shula.

Gibbs is a championship NSACAR owner, his own boss, and making Millions more in that business than anyone could pay him to coach again.

Comment

• Billzz
                      • Sep 2003

Coughlin, the only coach the team has ever had, leaves with a 72-64 record in eight seasons, including two trips to the AFC title game. But Jacksonville finished 6-10 this year and went 19-29 over the last three.

Comment

• nolimit
                        Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                        • Aug 2003

Joe Gibbs, I consider as an elite Head coach! I place him right next to Parcells!

For any coach, the Bills are a very "sexy" team to coach because of all the talent that is here and all of the cap space that we have!

My vote: Gibbs, Coughlin

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Forget Gibbs he has said several times he isn't coming back to the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X