PDA

View Full Version : Any Winfield fans still think he's the best CB in the league?

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Curious if all the Winfield fanatics still think he's so great?

Billsouth
10-27-2003, 10:49 AM
he sux at coverage

Valerie
10-27-2003, 10:51 AM
I like him, but he hasn't looked all that great lately. That being said, who are the good corners out there?

Judge
10-27-2003, 10:56 AM
Typical hyperbole. Who said he was the best CB in the NFL? What I said was that Winfield doesn't deserve to be benched or cut, which if I recall is the ridiculous position taken by Wys, and is an important asset to this D.

I still think he is. Never siad he was the best CB in the NFL. What I did say was that he's pretty darn good. Sure he got burned yesterday. That happens. I'm not ready to throw him away either.

Pride
10-27-2003, 10:56 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Finally someone realizes that WINFIELD SUCKS!

Pride
10-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Judge
Typical hyperbole. Who said he was the best CB in the NFL?

Actually, Theismann did last night... but then again, we all know what kind of moron Theismann is.

Patrick76777
10-27-2003, 10:58 AM
I love the idiots who want to fire and cut everybody after every loss!

This is why I stopped listening to talk radio!

R. Rich
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I like him, but he hasn't looked all that great lately. That being said, who are the good corners out there?

The Texans have a pretty good pair of corners in Coleman and Glenn, who still can shut people down even in his, what, 10th/11th season?

Pride
Gotta rehash this thread, where you all bashed me for disliking Winfield...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30078&highlight=pride+winfield

Pride
10-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I love the idiots who want to fire and cut everybody after every loss!

This is why I stopped listening to talk radio!

I dont wanna fire everyone.. I have been saying that winfield sucks since week 3. He looks terrible in pass coverage. He is ALWAYS 5 yards from the WR.

Judge
10-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Your rehash of the thread proves my point. I never said he was the best in the NFL. What I said was that he's good. I still think he is.

You're using the failed logic techniques that weaken Wys's argument every time he tries- to put words in others' mouths and build a straw argument.

It weakens your credibility.

Pride
10-27-2003, 11:03 AM
Judge, I wasnt arguing with you.... I know what you said... and what you didn't.

I am tryign to prove my point that winfield sucks. Stop being so defensive!

The Spaz
I really do like Winfield and I think he can really excell in the Nickleback position, but is Terrence McGee ready to be a starter?

Valerie
Originally posted by R. Rich The Texans have a pretty good pair of corners in Coleman and Glenn, who still can shut people down even in his, what, 10th/11th season?
Oh. Thanks, Richie! :) Jason Sehorn was a corner too, right? He sucked too. Maybe that's just a hard position to find a good player for.:idunno:

Judge
10-27-2003, 11:06 AM

Oh. Thanks, Richie! :) Jason Sehorn was a corner too, right? He sucked too. Maybe that's just a hard position to find a good player for.:idunno:

I think CB might be the toughest position in the game. Covering WR's who know where they're going on their pass routes, being usually all alone in the coverage and facing a near-certain TD if you make the wrong decision. Brutally tough.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:06 AM

Beleive it or not Sehorn was a good CB until injuries caught up too him.

Judge
10-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Beleive it or not Sehorn was a good CB until injuries caught up too him.

Was he injured before the Super Bowl that Trent Dilfer lit him up? Or did he break his leg the season after that Super Bowl? I can't remember.

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 11:08 AM
Every cornerback gets beat. Winfield does not suck. He may not be the best CB in the league, but to say he sucks is laughable.

I do think it's funny how Paul McGuire wants to make sweet manlove to him, though.

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Pride
Gotta rehash this thread, where you all bashed me for disliking Winfield...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30078&highlight=pride+winfield

Pride :hi5: AWM

How fast some people forget what they said ;)

WInfield is NOT a pro-bowl level CB like so many people try to claim. He's a fantastic TACKLER, but he's below average in coverage.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-27-2003, 11:20 AM
Wait a second, I have been saying this for weeks!!!!!

My problem is that there were some people on this board that ripped apart Kevin Thomas and compared him to Watson. I said what about Winfield. I said he is beat on a consistant basis and I am ripped because getting beat is letting someone get a TD. Well even if it was a zone, Winfield got beat yesterday!!!

Winfield is great against the run and below average against the pass. I wouldn't go as far as to say he sucks, but I don't want to hear how we have to sign him next year.

Valerie
10-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz Beleive it or not Sehorn was a good CB until injuries caught up too him.
I always like him too, Spaz. I always thought he was good but my brother, a die hard Giants fan did nothing but ***** about him since that Super Bowl. I can't remember if he ever liked him. I just remember the *****ing. lol

Originally posted by Judge I think CB might be the toughest position in the game. Covering WR's who know where they're going on their pass routes, being usually all alone in the coverage and facing a near-certain TD if you make the wrong decision. Brutally tough.
That's what I was thinking too, Judge. It just seems like it's a hard position to fill and you never really hear about outstanding players in that position. Probably because as Log pointed out, they all get beat at one point or another.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:21 AM

Was he injured before the Super Bowl that Trent Dilfer lit him up? Or did he break his leg the season after that Super Bowl? I can't remember.

To be honest I'm not sure on that. I think it was before the superbowl season again that's a guess.

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Every cornerback gets beat. Winfield does not suck. He may not be the best CB in the league, but to say he sucks is laughable.

I do think it's funny how Paul McGuire wants to make sweet manlove to him, though.

:lol:

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Wait a second, I have been saying this for weeks!!!!!

Several of us have been, but we were called names and told we didn't know football. Now when our point is proven in spades, it's just chalked up to him "having a bad game". ;)

Jeff1220
10-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Winfield would be a very good safety.

LtBillsFan66
10-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Typical hyperbole. Who said he was the best CB in the NFL? What I said was that Winfield doesn't deserve to be benched or cut, which if I recall is the ridiculous position taken by Wys, and is an important asset to this D.

I still think he is. Never siad he was the best CB in the NFL. What I did say was that he's pretty darn good. Sure he got burned yesterday. That happens. I'm not ready to throw him away either.

Thanks. These ***** "fans" are starting to make me sick.

Oh great. AWM and Pride can rub themselves off because Winfield had a bad game.

WHO PLAYED WELL YESTERDAY?

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
Winfield would be a very good safety.

Yup. Been saying that for 3 years now.

venis2k1
10-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Lets go out and spend the bucks on bailey this offseason, he is the best CB in the league right now.

Valerie
10-27-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220 Winfield would be a very good safety.
Isn't that where they moved Sehorn when he started sucking?

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Thanks. These ***** "fans" are starting to make me sick.

Oh great. AWM and Pride can rub themselves off because Winfield had a bad game.

WHO PLAYED WELL YESTERDAY?

Deal with it. We've been saying ALL season he isn't the CB many make him out to be. The guy has lousy cover skills.

Valerie
10-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1 Lets go out and spend the bucks on bailey this offseason, he is the best CB in the league right now.
Champ Bailey?

lordofgun
10-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Champ Bailey?

:rofl: Champ Bailey must suck too, because Josh Reed tore him a new one last week!

The Spaz
10-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

:rofl: Champ Bailey must suck too, because Josh Reed tore him a new one last week!

Well I like Josh Reed an dI just think the light came on for him but that's just what I want to beleive!:)