Interesting thoughts for all so called fans to ponder!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • berndog5
    • Jun 2003

Interesting thoughts for all so called fans to ponder!!!!

This is posted on NFL.com website and was written by Pat Kirwin:It's not over by any means
    I know as we cross the halfway mark in the 2003 season there will be lots of talk about teams that are finished for the season. Don't buy it yet -- there's still time for most teams that have at least three wins.

I took a look at last year's standings at this point in the season and four of the eight division leaders at the eight-week mark did not win the division at the end of the season. The Raiders were 4-4 in last place and starring up at the 6-1 Chargers. Oakland went 7-1 in the second half of the season and finished 11-5 to go the Super Bowl. Can the Eagles, Bucs, Giants, Saints, Bengals, Bills, 49ers and Browns all pull themselves out of the trouble they got into? No, but one or two will get hot if NFL history repeats itself.

For all you people who have given up, please quit posting your negative remarks. The events this season are a mirror image of the Raiders of last year. Calahan had his head called for and at the bye week turned his team around!!!!!!!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Well as long as GW and KG have anything to do with this team it is over!!

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
      • Sep 2003

Wooohooo another optimist!

to the board.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Two words: Williams and Gilbride, 'nuff said.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
          New and Improved!!
          • Aug 2003

Newsflash!!!!! We really suck........really. This is no fluke. We are terrible. Clutch is something we obviously don't have. You can dress poop up any way you want, but in the end, it's still poop. You tell me what reason we have to optimisic. I'll give you six reasons why this is all she wrote for this season.

1-Colts
          2-Giants
          3-Jets
          4-Titans
          5-MIAMI
          6-Patriots

We're lucky if we're 6-10

We are AWFUL.
          Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by berndog5
            This is posted on NFL.com website and was written by Pat Kirwin:It's not over by any means
            I know as we cross the halfway mark in the 2003 season there will be lots of talk about teams that are finished for the season. Don't buy it yet -- there's still time for most teams that have at least three wins.

I took a look at last year's standings at this point in the season and four of the eight division leaders at the eight-week mark did not win the division at the end of the season. The Raiders were 4-4 in last place and starring up at the 6-1 Chargers. Oakland went 7-1 in the second half of the season and finished 11-5 to go the Super Bowl. Can the Eagles, Bucs, Giants, Saints, Bengals, Bills, 49ers and Browns all pull themselves out of the trouble they got into? No, but one or two will get hot if NFL history repeats itself.

For all you people who have given up, please quit posting your negative remarks. The events this season are a mirror image of the Raiders of last year. Calahan had his head called for and at the bye week turned his team around!!!!!!!

What do you see that the Bills are doing that give you the belief that they will turn it around and win a championship? I see this team struggling, especially against winning teams. With NE, Miami, Indy, and Tennessee upcoming, I don't see a lot of wins UNLESS they turn it around. But, I've seen no evidence that they're about to do that.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
              Wooohooo another optimist!

I am an optimist.......................but I am also a realist

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
              Two words: Williams and Gilbride, 'nuff said.
              Exactly!

Comment

• rsmithgi
                • May 2003

Re: Interesting thoughts for all so called fans to ponder!!!!

ATTTENTION. This is the police!

You, in there, at the computer. Put the crack pipe down and back away from the computer.

Comment

• BillsNick
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                  Newsflash!!!!! We really suck........really. This is no fluke. We are terrible. Clutch is something we obviously don't have. You can dress poop up any way you want, but in the end, it's still poop. You tell me what reason we have to optimisic. I'll give you six reasons why this is all she wrote for this season.

1-Colts
                  2-Giants
                  3-Jets
                  4-Titans
                  5-MIAMI
                  6-Patriots

We are AWFUL.

I hate to say this, but this makes sense.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                    • Aug 2003

its a long season

Comment

• northernbillfan
                      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Welcome tot eh Zone Berndog. I hope you are right in those observations. If Williams and company don't turn the team around after this off week, then heads will roll.

I don't think you can deny the negative posters a voice though. They will be loud through this until the team gets in a groove, and finds their stride.

Originally posted by rsmithgi

You, in there, at the computer. Put the crack pipe down and back away from the computer.

That's not a nice way to welcome a new poster. The policy at the Bills Zone is to "Attack the post, not the poster"
                      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

1-Colts
                        2-Giants
                        3-Jets
                        4-Titans
                        5-MIAMI
                        6-Patriots

We are AWFUL.
                        I was thinking the same thing. Other than the Dolphins games last year this team has not pulled off any upsets with GW at the helm. We have been upset more than a few times though. This means GW has to pull at least 3 upsets in 8 weeks. I will continue to root for them but considering we have to go 6-2 to have a chance does anyone think GW will be able to direct the ship in the right course when he hasn't been able to do it in three years?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by rsmithgi

Originally posted by northernbillfan

That's not a nice way to welcome a new poster. The policy at the Bills Zone is to "Attack the post, not the poster"

I thought that was funny!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

Re: Interesting thoughts for all so called fans to ponder!!!!

Hey berndog,

Not sure if you're a new poster or using an alias. Either way, if you also look at those teams from last year, you'll note that they were capable of beating the types of teams that finish over .500.

Here's the issue. We are not! We didn't beat one such team all last season.

This season, we beat one, NE, but only with them having lots of lockerroomissues, being upset by the Milloy waiving, and with three new starters in their secondary, and at home at RWS in a playoff atmosphere clearly in the only game that the Bills had planned for since the schedule came out in April.

Other than that one single win, we haven't shown that we can beat teams above .500.

Oh yeah, I'msure you'lll quickly point out the 9-7 Dolphins, but they were not nearly a .500 team w/ Lucas in there and we had the luxury of playing them twice under that circumstance.

Look at the '01 Bears. They were 13-3. But look at their schedule that season. It was laughable. Mostly teams under .500. As reality bore out in the playoffs and after that the following season, they suck.

Ya gotta look at the teams you're beating and how. Cheap wins with only average points scored v. teams like Cincy and Washington are not indicative that we're one of those teams heading for the playoffs after starting '4-4.

If anything, we've shown that even one win over the Titans, Jets, Fins, Pats, or Colts will be extremely lucky and that we'll struggle against Dallas, Houston, and the Giants as well.

If you use the same logic with Drew, you'll see that 7 of his 24 TDs last season were against the absolute weakest of Ds and in other than those two games, he's tossed only 23 TDs in 22 games otherwise to 23 INTs.

Not good.

A good goal for this team at this point would be to finish .500 again. I don't think we're even capable of doing that.

Tennessee in Tennessee: LOL
                            Indy: LOL
                            Fins: Loss
                            Pats: In Foxboro in week 17 w/ them playing for something; LOL
                            Jets: W/ Pennington in, Loss
                            Dallas: Loss
                            Houston: A struggle either way
                            Giants: A struggle either way

I have us winning three more games if we're lucky. We don't play any more teams as weak as Cincy, the Skins, or Jax. If we were to have made the playoffs, as I stated in the beginning of the season, we'd have to be at least 5-3 up front and likely 6-2 b/c the schedule would toughen up significantly in the second half.

The teams that are 4-4 or close that will make the playoffs are teams like Cincy who are playing better and improving each week. They took us to O/T and likely would have beaten us if we'd played later on in the season.

Teams like Baltimore w/ solid rushing and decent D.

Teams like the Philly who started slow but seem to be doing what it takes to win.

Teams like TB who every team is gunning for yet which are well coached and will persist to make the playoffs.

Teams like GB w/ a RB like Green in his prime and enough other tools to do well enough to at least beat some good teams.

NOT teams like Buffalo who can only scrape by v. teams like Cincy, Washington, and Jax and who routinely get crushed by any decent team.

BTW, there won't be anymore playoff atmospheres at home this year and if we're lucky it'll be a full boat.

This team is poorly coached, overmatched by just about all teams on our DL, overmatched and formula-ly beaten on our interior OL, has poor QB play regardless of whether or not fans will admit it, and have no solutions for the short-medium passing attack due to no pass rush and having to use the LBs to make up for crap DL play.

This team is going nowhere this year. Consider us fortunate if we are 8-8 by season's end.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

Does anyone read WYS novels? I use to. I finally figured out that if you read one, you read them all.

His shorter posts are the better ones. The long ones just seem like rambling.
                              Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-28-2003, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X