PDA

View Full Version : What might of been??

don137
10-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Just think three years ago when Buffalo fired Phillips they were looking at John Fox, Marvin Lewis and Greg Williams. Buffalo hired GW and patience was preached due to the cap problems. Three years later with the talent the Bills were expected to comete. Instead it looks lost with a team that doesn't seem to be on the same page as its coaching staff yet 1 1/2 years after Fox takes over for Carolina, who was 1-15 the year before he took the helm he has taken the team to a 6-1 record with all the players buying into his system. Lewis in his first year as coach of the pathetic Bengals has just as many losses as Buffalo and seem to be headed in the right direction. I firmly believe if TD hired either one of these guys over GW we would have no worse than two losses and we would be talking playoffs and possibly Super Bowl. Instead we are looking forward to re-building under a new coach and a new system....oh, what might have been...

venis2k1
10-27-2003, 11:54 AM
I think your right, however its water under the bridge.

FreddyvsJason
10-27-2003, 11:56 AM
or, how about getting Dick Vermeil - he sure made KC pretty good!:chair:

Halbert
10-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Denny Green

WG
10-27-2003, 12:39 PM
I think you're partially right 137. The other part that few are addressing is Donahoe's negligence in staffing the lines. We're sorely outmanned there talent wise. No matter how good the coaching, PussyWillow and Teague are only gonna be so good.

Same with Denney, Adams, Posey who's totally one dimensional.

Adams I don't think has even a single tackle since the Jags game.

helmetguy
10-27-2003, 12:47 PM
But, aren't Pussywillow and Teage GW's choices for starters? The last time I checked, TD has no say in who plays on Sunday. Only Jerry Jones does that.

Billzz
10-27-2003, 01:19 PM
I betcha Jerry don't say who starts anymore:)