• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

So what now?

Thoughts?
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Fire the ****ing god forsaken **** for brains coaching staff!!!!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

Then we'll be 13-3 next year?
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
        Then we'll be 13-3 next year?
        We'll never know as long as these clowns are here and we don't get someone else!

Comment

• Voltron
          • Jul 2002

Time to start over with the O. Keep Travis, Eric, and Mike Williams (only because of the cap hit he would cost) get rid of the rest. Drew included. I can't believe i just said that.
          Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
          - Mark Twain

Comment

• Judge
            • Aug 2002

I've posted it several times already.

First: fire GW and KG. Their time here is over, and nobody's listening to their song anymore.

Second: Give Dick LeBeau the interim HC job, and throw out the playbook in favor of a commitment to the running game with a healthy dose of playaction down-field passes that Drew can handle.

If it works, the team is rejeuvenated and on its way. If it doesn't who cares? They're out of the playoffs as it is right now, so it can't get any worse.

If the team turns it around, and makes the playoffs, LeBeau can keep the job. If it doesn't, then bring in a coach witha real resume of proven success in this League to turn this team around next year. No up-and-coming coordinator looking for his big break. I am talking about a head coach with a real record.

Personnel:

QB: Drew is fine. I know he sucked last night, and his play concerns me. I'm not ready to throw him out yet, primarily b/c who is better than him that's available right now? Nobody that I can see. With the right system, he can flourish, and he deserves 1 more year to see what happens.

RB: Travis Henry is winning me over w/ a high level effort and toughness, as well as an apparent remission from the fumbilistis disease. He might just be the franchise RB he told us he is.

WR: Moulds is awesome. Lack of complementary speed can be addressed via the draft or getting a low-rent free agent like Johnnie Morton was in KC.

Defense: The playmakers are fine: DB is in good shape, and the LB corps is solid.

This leads me to the PROBLEM in personnel: The line of scrimmage. Available cap space must be dedicated to shoring up the o-line and d-line. The talent level just isn't there. Particularly at the DE position.

See? Simple.
            Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I suggest that someone knock KG upside the head, we all rip pages from his playbook and wipe our asses with them.

Seriously, I've noticed that Gilbride has been focusing more closely on the run recently. Now, if he could just stick with it and use it right out of the starting gates, the offense just might have a chance. It's obvious at this point that Williams will be here until the season is over so.....

A few suggestions:

1) Put all offensive focus on the run. Use the pass sparingly, play action and screens, and go loong only in desperate situations. Basically, avoid pass plays were Drew has to make a choice downfield and needs time to throw the ball. Moulds, Shaw, Reed, and Campbell are well suited for quick slants short screens and 6-7 yard dumps over the middle. Quick release plays!!!! More end arounds and reverse plays are also highly suggested. Try more 2 TE sets.

2) Activate McGahee. This team needs a spark and he might just be it. I am a huge advocate of Travis Henry's and do not want to downplay his accomplishments this year, but a Henry / McGahee tandem may just help propel this team into running greatness.

If Sam Gash isn't blocking for either McGahee or Henry, line the duo up in a wish-bone. Make the opposing defense stop the run and stick it to that D on the ground 30 - 35 times a game. Even if were down by 17 at the end of the first half. Run the ball, eat the clock, keep the opposing offense off the damn field.

3) Replace Pucillo. Sullivan is more than capable to handle the run block and is probably even better at protecting the pass.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                New and Improved!!
                • Aug 2003

Dump Drew after this year, search for a mobile veteran. Draft a young QB for grooming. bench puccillo now. Gillbride is gone after season. Find someone with a running background. GW is gone. Need a proven coach, someone who's been around.
                Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• Judge
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                  Dump Drew after this year, search for a mobile veteran. Draft a young QB for grooming.
                  Flutie anyone?!
                  Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                    • Jul 2002

Coaching is a huge problem.

The Bills must establish the run for Drew to ever become productive. He simply can not carry this team. We must stick to the RUN. By doing this, Drew should become more efficient using play action. Teams must be forced to committing to stop our running game.

When the Bills get into known passing situations, the opposing defense pushes the pocket or blitzes, and Drew can't handle it.
                    He needs to be treated more like Kyle Boller from the Ravens. Protect him by running and running and running the ball.

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                      Coaching is a huge problem.

The Bills must establish the run for Drew to ever become productive. He simply can not carry this team. We must stick to the RUN. By doing this, Drew should become more efficient using play action. Teams must be forced to committing to stop our running game.

When the Bills get into known passing situations, the opposing defense pushes the pocket or blitzes, and Drew can't handle it.
                      He needs to be treated more like Kyle Boller from the Ravens. Protect him by running and running and running the ball.
                      Or protected like Peyton Manning, Trent Green, Bulger, etc. and so on are- they all have RB's and a commitment to get the RB's the carries needed to make the passing game work.

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

Good points Judge but we lost a lot of that cap space signing Miloy. I guess EB or CP can tell us what we can expect for next year. Anyone on D that wants to go via free agency should be let go. (cough Cough ... Winfield) we don't want to get into a bidding war with the holes we have to fill. We can't get rid of the signings we made this year we would be back in cap hell. Coaching is the #1 problem here. Time to Clean house again.
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
                          Time to start over with the O. Keep Travis, Eric, and Mike Williams (only because of the cap hit he would cost) get rid of the rest. Drew included. I can't believe i just said that.
                          Can't be done...if you sink back to 3-13 you risk the Bills buying out the remaining years of the lease...this team has to stay competitive and change on the fly...no more tearing it all down and rebuilding from scratch.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

What do I do? In order of importance!

I fire GW and his staff!

I bring in a guy that’s going to get into the player’s faces! A guy who has been an NFL head coach before and who has had success! A guy who is willing to buy into the running game!

I sign or draft a DE or 2! (I think this is one of the major weaknesses of this team. If we could get a consistent pass rush from the ends, it would make the rest of the defense about 1000 times better.

I draft or sign a quality interior O-linemen. Just one to take over for Puc! Puc can be a good backup and we already have a good back up at tackle

I sign a journeymen number 2 WR! I don’t think Reed will ever be a quality number 2. I like him better as a number 3 slot WR!
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Buffatexas
                              • Aug 2002

give the oc job to Les Steckel to start....maybe even the HC job, hell, this guy was a LtCol in the Marine Corps so I know that he knows discipline

Comment

Working...
                              X