X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billzz
    • Sep 2003

Coughlin as HC with Brunell as QB.

I know your all probably going to laugh at me for even posting this but think of the combination. We need the Bledsoe money for OL and DL players, pretty sure the left handed QB isn't going to be close the the 6mill or whatever DB gets for next year.

Other positive is Coughlin/Brunell relationship while we use a possible first round pick to get a QB like Eli Manning(Ok now I know I am dreaming) to grow under a QB that dosen't throw games away when the heat is put on him. We are a power running team, or so I would think with Sam Gash in the backfield and T-Hen as a back. The weight wouldn't be put on the QB's arm but rather the backfield.

Look what Parcells did yesterday even though they where blanked by the Bucs. He never got away from the run period. There first 7 or 8 plays where runs, PERIOD. They may have went 3 and out but he knows they live and die by the run and play action pass and kept going until he knew they had to toss it up because of the time left. They have a game plan and stick to it making slight adjustments as necessary.

Anyway my point is maybe Coughlin brings the same mentality, who knows can't be any worse then the laughing stock we currently are. IMO the interm coach deal sucks. Let GW ride it out so the bad taste of accepting a piece of sh** coach lasts in Donahue's mind for many decades to come.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I like coughlin, but why Brunell? He stinks.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Billzz
      • Sep 2003

Dilfer sucks too but he has a SB ring because of a good defense and he didn't LOSE the game for the team. Trust I know how much he sucks I have lived in Tampa for 7 years now.

Looking for consitency for a few years not a game killing QB.

Comment

• CHIEF4EVER
        • Oct 2003

You guys could get Coughlin and pick up Warner from the Rams. Warner is a good QB with an idiot for a coach. Given a new environment he could be one of the great ones again.....all one has to do is fit his bigmouth wife with a muzzle.
        There's NOTHING greater than hating the FAIDERS.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I seriously think if we had an OC who could run the ball and play off the play action effectively, Drew could do a fine job while someone else is groomed. The current playcalling dooms him to failure because D's can simply tee off on him.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Billzz
            • Sep 2003

He's not gonna get solid protection from any line from playoff contending teams blitzing. That's the problem within, even with a stacked O-line I think he is still going to turn the ball over.

Warner is a tough one to call. Agree on his wife but he comes off as a pretty big whiner himself. His wife can only be speaking on his behalf also since I am sure they talked before she blabbed.

No thanks.

Brunell can scammble and give the recievers time to get open. Something we currently lack even when they do bootleg Bledsoe. Don't get my wrong Bledsoe is a fantastic QB with time to pick the secondary apart, but it never worked for Marino either. Pocket passers are becoming less and we need mobility because there's no chance the Donahue magic will find a solid O-line with the money we have to work with.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Someone said that Coughlin and Brunell was not a good fit. He barely allowed Brunell to play the way he should. But Coughlin and Drew could work. He would limit Drew from trying to be too cute and just stick to do what he is told to do. When you leave he fate of the O squarely on Drew's shoulder, it's a disaster.

When you have a running game that is more of a weapon than just a time waster, then Drew can be very dangerous. So far, Drew is in a system that allows opposing defenses to focus on him because we have a OC that doesn't have a potent running game.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                When you have a running game that is more of a weapon than just a time waster, then Drew can be very dangerous. So far, Drew is in a system that allows opposing defenses to focus on him because we have a OC that doesn't have a potent running game.
                I just said that.

Comment

• Billzz
                  • Sep 2003

Brunell's lifetime numbers, Look at the rush....

CAREER att 435 yds 2226 ypc 5.1 long 38 td's 15

Bledsoe's

CAREER att 310 yds 636 ypc 2.1 long 25 td's 5

Brunell is about 2 years older but they have the same 11 years of NFL exp. Brunell also has a higher completion rating and better overall QB rating. I know there just stats but it does show he is more elusive and able to get it done with his legs if no one is open. It's something he brings to the table and forces defense's to respect. You ever see a defense game plan to stop Bledsoe from getting out of the pocket?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Brunell will cost more than Bledsoe-

Bledsoe's signing bonus was picked up by the Pats. Brunell will have serious bidders from Chicago, Carolina, maybe Dallas, the Raiders, even Green Bay if Favre retires. Only Warner will be out there offering a serious viable option to Brunell

Comment

• Billzz
                      • Sep 2003

--Chicago has there starter for next year already, Grossmen.

--Dallas has Quincy and I think Parcells seems like he can win with him.

--Raiders are old enough and are hitting a few rebuilding years, why would they want a QB at age 33 already?

--Green Bay is a possibilty and I have no knowledge whatso ever on there upcoming QB options.

Teams looking for a Mark Brunell will be just a year or 2 removed from a playoff run, hopefully we are. I don't see him taking a back up job just to get a ring but you never know.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

I just said that.

I said it better
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Drewpac
                          • Jul 2002

I like Brunell. I think he's ten times better than Bledsoe. But, he definitely could not coexist with Coughlin. Those two hate each other. It would have to be one or the other for the Bills. I wouldn't mind having Dennis Green and Brunell next year.

Comment

• Billzz
                            • Sep 2003

Some Coughlin quotes about poor performance. Lets see if you like the answers he comes up with to the media about a sub-par performance.

"Nearly 24 hours after a frustrating loss at the hands of the Dallas Cowboys, Coach Tom Coughlin was still visibly upset as he answered reporters' questions Monday. "It was totally out of control. For whatever reason, we lost our poise with our false starts [five] and an offensive pass-interference on the very first play of the game. We lost our poise, we lost our discipline, we did some things we hadn't been doing in a very important game and that always raises questions," said Coughlin. Another problem that irked Coughlin: wasted timeouts (timeouts called by the offense to avoid delay-of-game penalties). "The wasted timeouts are eating away at our opportunities later in the half."

Hmmmmmm no comments about "ADVERSITY".

The Jaguars were left shaking their heads and looking for answers yesterday. "I don't know what this was all about, believe me I have no idea," coach Tom Coughlin said after a 21-19 loss to a Dallas Cowboys team that came in with a 3-7 record and had scored only 10 points combined in its last two losses. Coughlin was talking specifically about the 11 penalties, including five false starts, called against the Jaguars, but the remarks also summed up their overall performance. "We didn't tackle well. We didn't take advantage of our opportunities, we didn't protect very well -- we fumbled the ball out of the end zone. I'm very disappointed in this. No mincing words here -- you can't play like that and expect to win," Coughlin said.

Sounds like yesterdays game with KC and Buffalo.

Coach Tom Coughlin was asking the same question yesterday that many Jaguars fans were pondering: "Where is the team that beat Philadelphia? That's exactly what we'd all like to know, including the players," Coughlin said yesterday as he reviewed his team's stunning 21-19 loss to the expansion Houston Texans Sunday. "I'm sure they have the same kind of question." After the Jaguars upset the Eagles on Oct. 6 for their third consecutive victory, they seemed poised for a playoff run. Now they've lost three in a row, continuing a frustrating pattern. The Jaguars started 2-1 in 2000 and finished 7-9. They started 2-0 in 2001 and finished 6-10. They started 3-1 this year and are now 3-4. The Jaguars remain one game behind the 4-3 Indianapolis Colts in the new AFC South. "At this point, right now ... it's not much of a consolation," Coughlin said.

Take it for what it's worth but some of the reply's he has had with a struggling team in the past.

As for the relationship between the 2 I know it was "strained" because of the losing season situations, but I wasn't aware they "hated" each other.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I love Coughlin's tough nose no-nonsense no-beat-around-the-bush (aka the "adversity" speech) attitude. He would be a great addition.

Keep Drew, get Coughlin. It will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X