X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

FREE NFL game!

Apparently the MNF game is free tonight. Check out this article....

The last of the fire evacuees leave the stadium today. The team will play its scheduled game against the Houston Texans.

With the Qualcomm Stadium parking lot being used as an evacuation site because of wildfires in the San Diego area, the NFL has moved tonight's "Monday Night Football" game between the San Diego Chargers and Miami Dolphins to Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona....Tickets to the game will be available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis at Sun Devil Stadium. Contributions will be collected at the gates and donated to San Diego-area emergency relief agencies. Refunds will be issued to ticket-holders for the canceled game at Qualcomm Stadium. The Chargers will announce refund procedures in the next few days.
  • Jaded 7
    Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
    • Jul 2002

I hope that people go to the game and donate money. God knows California could use the money for their relief agencies. I hope people don't take advantage of the situation. It's very sad what's happening in San Diego. I hope they can get the fires under control.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Jaded 7
      Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
      • Jul 2002

Do we know how much money they collected at last night's game?

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
      Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
      The only answer I found for all this hurt
      Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

The sideline reporter was talking to a League (or maybe a team) official- he said $500 K and that the team was going to toss in some too.

Comment

Working...
        X