Ebenezer
10-27-2003, 06:26 PM
Which would improve the Bills faster??

Ditching half the players and bringing in new blood

or

Getting a competent coach?

BillsFever
10-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Getting a competent coach and getting a competent QB who doesn't need Pro Bowlers at every position on offense to succeed.

ArcticWildMan
10-27-2003, 06:33 PM
All we need is a solid coach with a system that plays to our player's strengths.

Give Drew a gameplan that compliments him and the other players, and this will be a totally different team.

BillsFever
10-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
All we need is a solid coach with a system that plays to our player's strengths.

Give Drew a gameplan that compliments him and the other players, and this will be a totally different team.

Belichek is a great coach and Drew sucked with him. He gets hurt and they're good ever since.

What you see is what you get right now with Bledsoe. It doesn't matter who you bring in he will still make stupid decisions and choke under pressure.

Unless the coaches out now can signal messages into Drew's brain and do the thinking for him then nothing will ever change.

Billzz
10-27-2003, 07:00 PM
QB. HC.

Jan Reimers
10-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Besides a competent coach, we need a speed rushing DE, a couple of decent interior O linemen, a DB - probably a free safety - that can make some plays, and perhaps a consistent return man - although Brown is showing some signs of life.

justasportsfan
10-28-2003, 10:17 AM
A HC that can make the most out of what we have. If we can find one and based on the talent we have, we might go to the SB next year.

WG
10-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Both!

Fire Williams, Gilbride,...heck, the entire offensive staff.

Get rid of LeBeau. W/ TD's history on coaches, his assessment of LeBeau is assuredly off. Besides, what did LeBeau do in Cincy other than consistenly finish last in D. We don't even need to approach that here.

As to the rest of the defensive staff, I'm impartial. Keep or leave doesn't matter to me for now.

Players:

Cut outright after the season:

Drew
Adams
Teague
Pucillo

Demote:

Fletcher
Posey
Reese

Find:

A decent C and G
A QB

Replace:

PP for Reese
a FA for Fletcher
a FA immediately for Drew, a draftee for '05
FAs or draftees for Teague and Pucillo

Who says the choice has to be one or the other?

Can't we do several things to improve this team.

Also, if McGahee doesn't work out, fire Donahoe and find a GM who addresses the immediate needs of the team instead of neglecting them in favor of changes that will impact the team two seasons down the road when who-knows-what will be happening.

I likely won't renew my seasons next year if several things are still the case:

If Drew is indisputably our starter
If Gilbride is still the OC
If LeBeau is the HC
If Donahoe fails to adequately address the two lines this offseason.

If those or a combination of those is the case, then I likely will hold out of buying tickets next year. I'll renew when the team gets serious about putting a good product on the field.

Not to mention the dickheads behind us in the stands...

For real, these guys are true AHs and everyone that sits in my seats complains about them. They threw crap and garbage at a family, mom/dad and kids at the Rams family day rows ahead of us someone who I sold my tickets to told me. Unbelieveable.

WG
10-28-2003, 10:34 AM
As far as I'm concerned TD's worth as a GM hinges almost entirely on whether he fires Williams and his prized OC Gilbride before the next game in conjunction with the status of McGahee.

If McGahee turns out to not be well due to his knee and Williams and Gilbride remain until the end of the season, I say TD needs to go too. He's the source of all of this nonsense.

They'll all have been very expensive and costly terrible decisions.

TedMock
10-28-2003, 10:46 AM
I sure as hell don't want Lebeau as our HC. The only reason he gets a little slack is that he did coach under one ***** and tight wad of an owner. Marvin Lewis did the right thing by telling him flat out he'll only take the job IF he's given a chance to succeed. Having said that, I'm still not comfy with Dick as HC. I think KG's definitely gone no matter what. I also think Bledsoe's our QB for at least one more season. Some people will be happy about it, others will be mad but I truly believe that's the case. We need interior OL big time and I hope to god we address that via FAgy. I wouldn't mind drafting a QB high to start in '05. I'm not completely down on Bledsoe....Don't get me wrong, he's playing horrible right now. I just think that if TH is allowed to run effectively then we can play action (which we didn't do Sunday even though TH was running effectively) instead of rolling him out or putting him in a deep drop inside the 10 yard line. He's capable of successfully throwing for 220-250 and some points if he's not the focal point. Look at Green Sunday night thanks to Holmes. We don't play action for some reason and we don't send our 6'6" TE for 7 yards over the middle for some reason and we don't use Gash on short yardage for some reason. These are some reasons why I feel Gilbride is our biggest reason for where we are.