• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Calling out those who think that the Bills suck from Top to Bottom

There are a few people out there who thinks that the entire organization rots from TD on down to the Waterboy.

Have fun with this one. Construct me your dream team. BUT!! You just cannot throw people into slots. I want you to start with the firing of Butler and Philips and tell me who you would have hired, drafted, etc. Thus, you cannot break the rules of the salary cap. You cannot hire coaches, GMs or assistants who were under contract. You cannot arbitrarily trade draft picks. You cannot "sign" players that were under contract.

Tell me! Who would you have gotten for your:

GM
    Coach
    QB
    other free agents
    2001 1st round draft choice
    2002 1st round draft choice
    2003 1st round draft choice...

go ahead...take as much time as you want...except for coach I don't think you'd get much better than you have now...REMEMBER THE SALARY CAP!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

I'm sure that "football expert" Wys will be here soon

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I'll be watching this thread with much anticipation. I want to see how all the Einsteins would have done it.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Building a team from hindsight-

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          Building a team from hindsight-

Exactly.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
            • Aug 2003

Lets face it the talent appears to be in place, no team is perfect

KC looked perfect last night lets play Wys though They have no WR's DB's are weak the Bills just did not expose them and their depth is subject

Bledsoe is having a tough time yes but he has the goods to lead us

Mc Gahee will be something special I believe he is a better back than Tomlinson and he gains yards on a worse line than ours

Lets face it this team is young the core has not played together for a long time they are still learning each other

Most experts predicted this team to be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 probably miss the playoffs but look out next year

we are 4-4 and yes the losses have been UGLY but we are right on track to where most experts predicted a productive off season (and New head coach) and next year could be what we all want

We all got really excited with that 2-0 start and hey i am not writing this year off I beleive we can always still do it till the numbers say we cant

so i will believe in 12-4 till it is impossible

yes I know our flaws but I would rather be positive and believe we can pull it together and overcome those flaws

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

Ever notice when you call the "football experts" out they all are silent

Comment

• Billzz
                • Sep 2003

I'm no expert but I am working on it right now. The draft pick is tough.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

I would have taken better gambles.

McGahee isn't helping us at all!!!
                  Neither is Kelsay
                  Neither is Crowell
                  Neither is Aiken
                  Neither is McGee

Those were our picks in rounds 1-4 this past season.

I wouldn't have signed Milloy or Reese and would have kept some stinkin' chemistry with Wire and PP, who Oh BTW happens to be outplaying Reese whenever he's in there.

Instead, I would have used the money we used to buy Milloy for Thornton.

How's Thornton, Williams, and Schobel grab ya. Who cares who the LDE would have been, we'd have at least had some pressure.

I would have gone after Lance Johnstone as our other OLB. He can play both the run and pass. Posey is useless v. the run. I never would have signed Fletcher and would have either signed William Joseph or EJ Henderson from the draft. Neither would have been a bigger gamble, but both would have been at positions where we need players. Who knows, perhaps EJ could have replaced Fletcher.

I would have started Sullivan and drafted nothing but linemen other than Henderson in the first 4 rounds this past offseason.

I wouldn't have touched Kelsay w/ a 10 foot pole.

I would have taken a look at McCardell. I'd have signed a QB from somewhere to back us up. Blake would have been fine and could have at least started now. You and others say he's worse, but you know, since we're talking about "teams around them", how do we know? He's never had a team around him at all and has performed about equally. How would he do with what Drew's had??

I'd say this isn't so much a question of what was not done, but one of what was done.

We didn't need any of our picks from the first 4 rounds. All draft picks are a gamble. You can't avoid that. But if you don't fill your needs, you're certainly not gonna have draft picks at other positions fill them. Makes sense.

We had absolutely no OL to speak of 3 seasons ago. Jennings and Williams are the only two linemen decent who were brought aboard. That's it. Sullivan, a fifth rounder, Pucillo, 7th, Sobieski, 5th. The problem is our lines. So why were we using 4th round picks to grab WRs that we had like 10 of at the time? CBs too? Why did we take a LB at 3rd? You tellin' me that there wasn't a single potentially useful guard or DT then? I don't believe it.

Meanwhile we pick up guys like Tucker on FAcy. Boy, wow! I would have kept Conaty.

How many of our roster spots are new this year? What, like a third? At some point you have to start thinking about chemistry too. It's not happening. One season of starting isn't enough for young players to "develop."
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Either way, to think that Donahoe is some sort of genius is a blind assertion.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pmacla
                      Lets face it the talent appears to be in place, no team is perfect

KC looked perfect last night lets play Wys though They have no WR's DB's are weak the Bills just did not expose them and their depth is subject

Bledsoe is having a tough time yes but he has the goods to lead us

Mc Gahee will be something special I believe he is a better back than Tomlinson and he gains yards on a worse line than ours

Lets face it this team is young the core has not played together for a long time they are still learning each other

Most experts predicted this team to be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7 probably miss the playoffs but look out next year

we are 4-4 and yes the losses have been UGLY but we are right on track to where most experts predicted a productive off season (and New head coach) and next year could be what we all want

We all got really excited with that 2-0 start and hey i am not writing this year off I beleive we can always still do it till the numbers say we cant

so i will believe in 12-4 till it is impossible

yes I know our flaws but I would rather be positive and believe we can pull it together and overcome those flaws
                      The talent isn't in place p.

What, Pucillo? Teague? Adams? Denney? Kelsay?

We have holes right and left. \

You're right, KC looked perfect last night, but it had more to do with our poor play than their flawless execution. All thru the weekend everyone was saying how their D was overrated and it's nowhere near the top of the league. If we made them look good, then it can't be w/ "the talent in place."

The team is worse than last year w/ the same coaching. It has to be more than coaching.

Bledsoe is extremely limited!

This team isn't as young as you say either. Fletcher, Adams, Williams, Posey, Milloy, Drew, Brown, Teague, Moore, Gash, Moulds are no spring chickens. Most are well into their primes or past them.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

And for anyone thinking we sunk to an all season low yesterday, I've got news for ya. Just wait. Again, I will guarantee that Drew hasn't come close this season.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

there is our "football expert" I say lets petition the Bills to make Wys the new General Manager he has all the answers and knows all about football give him a shot

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            I would have taken better gambles.

McGahee isn't helping us at all!!!
                            Neither is Kelsay
                            Neither is Crowell
                            Neither is Aiken
                            Neither is McGee

Those were our picks in rounds 1-4 this past season.

I wouldn't have signed Milloy or Reese and would have kept some stinkin' chemistry with Wire and PP, who Oh BTW happens to be outplaying Reese whenever he's in there.

Instead, I would have used the money we used to buy Milloy for Thornton.

How's Thornton, Williams, and Schobel grab ya. Who cares who the LDE would have been, we'd have at least had some pressure.

I would have gone after Lance Johnstone as our other OLB. He can play both the run and pass. Posey is useless v. the run. I never would have signed Fletcher and would have either signed William Joseph or EJ Henderson from the draft. Neither would have been a bigger gamble, but both would have been at positions where we need players. Who knows, perhaps EJ could have replaced Fletcher.

I would have started Sullivan and drafted nothing but linemen other than Henderson in the first 4 rounds this past offseason.

I wouldn't have touched Kelsay w/ a 10 foot pole.

I would have taken a look at McCardell. I'd have signed a QB from somewhere to back us up. Blake would have been fine and could have at least started now. You and others say he's worse, but you know, since we're talking about "teams around them", how do we know? He's never had a team around him at all and has performed about equally. How would he do with what Drew's had??

I'd say this isn't so much a question of what was not done, but one of what was done.

We didn't need any of our picks from the first 4 rounds. All draft picks are a gamble. You can't avoid that. But if you don't fill your needs, you're certainly not gonna have draft picks at other positions fill them. Makes sense.

We had absolutely no OL to speak of 3 seasons ago. Jennings and Williams are the only two linemen decent who were brought aboard. That's it. Sullivan, a fifth rounder, Pucillo, 7th, Sobieski, 5th. The problem is our lines. So why were we using 4th round picks to grab WRs that we had like 10 of at the time? CBs too? Why did we take a LB at 3rd? You tellin' me that there wasn't a single potentially useful guard or DT then? I don't believe it.

Meanwhile we pick up guys like Tucker on FAcy. Boy, wow! I would have kept Conaty.

How many of our roster spots are new this year? What, like a third? At some point you have to start thinking about chemistry too. It's not happening. One season of starting isn't enough for young players to "develop."
                            I'm still waiting to see your 53...coach?? QB?? GM?? Again, you fail to answer to answer the basic questions and focus on the bottom of the roster...I did not ask for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round picks from this year...it is all a crap shoot because you don't know who is going to be picked...show me another team getting big production out of all 4 of their picks!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer

I'm still waiting to see your 53...coach?? QB?? GM?? Again, you fail to answer to answer the basic questions and focus on the bottom of the roster...I did not ask for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round picks from this year...it is all a crap shoot because you don't know who is going to be picked...show me another team getting big production out of all 4 of their picks!
                              Excellent post

lets look at the first round

1 1 Cincinnati Palmer, Carson QB 6-5 232 Southern California
                              2 2 Detroit Rogers, Charles WR 6-2 202 Michigan State
                              3 3 Houston Johnson, Andre WR 6-2 230 Miami (Fla.)
                              4 4 N.Y. Jets (from Chicago) Robertson, Dewayne DT 6-1 317 Kentucky
                              5 5 Dallas Newman, Terence CB 5-10 189 Kansas State
                              6 6 New Orleans (from Arizona) Sullivan, Johnathan DT 6-3 313 Georgia
                              7 7 Jacksonville Leftwich, Byron QB 6-5 241 Marshall
                              8 8 Carolina Gross, Jordan OT 6-5 300 Utah
                              9 9 Minnesota (Passed at 7, pick exercised here) Williams, Kevin DE 6-5 304 Oklahoma State
                              10 10 Baltimore Suggs, Terrell DE 6-3 262 Arizona State
                              11 11 Seattle Trufant, Marcus CB 5-11 199 Washington State
                              12 12 St. Louis Kennedy, Jimmy DT 6-4 322 Penn State
                              13 13 New England (from Washington through N.Y. Jets and Chicago) Warren, Ty DT 6-5 307 Texas A&M
                              14 14 Chicago (from Buffalo through New England) Haynes, Michael DE 6-4 281 Penn State
                              15 15 Philadelphia (from San Diego) McDougle, Jerome DE 6-2 264 Miami (Fla.)
                              16 16 Pittsburgh (from Kansas City) Polamalu, Troy SS 5-10 206 Southern California
                              17 17 Arizona (from New Orleans) Johnson, Bryant WR 6-2 214 Penn State
                              18 18 Arizona (from Miami through New Orleans) Pace, Calvin DE 6-4 269 Wake Forest
                              19 19 Baltimore (from New England) Boller, Kyle QB 6-3 234 California
                              20 20 Denver Foster, George OT 6-5 338 Georgia
                              21 21 Cleveland Faine, Jeff C 6-3 303 Notre Dame
                              22 22 Chicago (from N.Y. Jets) Grossman, Rex QB 6-1 217 Florida
                              23 23 Buffalo (from Atlanta) McGahee, Willis RB 6-0 223 Miami (Fla.)

How many of those players have had impact on their team this season??????

Mc Gahee will be worth the risk in my opinion (I am a Mc Gahee fan I would root for him on any team) just please show which of these guys have had a huge impact or these guys too

24 24 Indianapolis Clark, Dallas TE 6-3 257 Iowa
                              25 25 N.Y. Giants Joseph, William DT 6-5 308 Miami (Fla.)
                              26 26 San Francisco Harris, Kwame OT 6-7 310 Stanford
                              27 27 Kansas City (from Pittsburgh) Johnson, Larry RB 6-1 228 Penn State
                              28 28 Tennessee Woolfolk, Andre CB 6-1 197 Oklahoma
                              29 29 Green Bay Barnett, Nick OLB 6-2 236 Oregon State
                              30 30 San Diego (from Philadelphia) Davis, Sammy CB 6-0 186 Texas A&M
                              31 31 Oakland Asomugha, Nnamdi CB 6-2 213 California
                              32 32 Oakland (from Tampa Bay) Brayton, Tyler DE 6-6 277 Colorado

Ill give you maybe Nick Barnett but besides him who ??? right now

Comment

Working...
                              X