PDA

View Full Version : There comes a time in every season

BillsOverDolphins
10-27-2003, 07:17 PM
It's actually quite depressing. I've always been a Bills fan, and always will be a Bills fan, but when I sat down and thought about it today I realized the 2003 Buffalo Bills can't win the Superbowl. Just look at the Titans, Chiefs, hell, even the enigma known as the Patriots--they all have that something that makes you believe they can win on anyone's field on any day. The Bills have games ahead of them that I know they can't win--because of one reason or the other:

@Dallas
Indianapolis
@Giants
@Titans
@Patriots

I believe we could possibly win the following:

Houston
Jets
Miami

Do you have faith that when we're in key situations, the coaches will make the right decisions--I sure as hell don't, in fact I expect the worse, and it usually happens. Just try to envision the Bills making a run to the superbowl...sorry, I can't.
Can we pull off any upsets?...hell no. I can imagine no scenario where we win at Tennessee--zero. It's such a helpless feeling too. This post would make sense If I was actually talking to you guys instead of typing. But my point is, sunshining aside, Do you think the Bills can beat a KC at Arrowhead, or a Tennessee, or win the Superbowl?...I'm now reduced to laughing at the Bills...but hey, that helps me keep my sanity.

Let me reiterate that I will never stop rooting for the Bills, but I'm also in touch with reality.

Turf
10-27-2003, 07:24 PM
@Dallas - WIN
Indianapolis - Loss
@Giants - WIN
@Titans - Loss
@Patriots - Loss
Houston -WIN
Jets - WIN
Miami - WIN

5-3

9-7 Final record on a good day.

Thanks TD for keeping a lame head coach, and extending the rest of the staff to two year deals, for some odd reason.

CHIEF4EVER
10-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
It's actually quite depressing. I've always been a Bills fan, and always will be a Bills fan, but when I sat down and thought about it today I realized the 2003 Buffalo Bills can't win the Superbowl. Just look at the Titans, Chiefs, hell, even the enigma known as the Patriots--they all have that something that makes you believe they can win on anyone's field on any day. The Bills have games ahead of them that I know they can't win--because of one reason or the other:

@Dallas
Indianapolis
@Giants
@Titans
@Patriots

I believe we could possibly win the following:

Houston
Jets
Miami

Do you have faith that when we're in key situations, the coaches will make the right decisions--I sure as hell don't, in fact I expect the worse, and it usually happens. Just try to envision the Bills making a run to the superbowl...sorry, I can't.
Can we pull off any upsets?...hell no. I can imagine no scenario where we win at Tennessee--zero. It's such a helpless feeling too. This post would make sense If I was actually talking to you guys instead of typing. But my point is, sunshining aside, Do you think the Bills can beat a KC at Arrowhead, or a Tennessee, or win the Superbowl?...I'm now reduced to laughing at the Bills...but hey, that helps me keep my sanity.

Let me reiterate that I will never stop rooting for the Bills, but I'm also in touch with reality.

You guys are far from being out of anything CW. Heck, with a Sardines choke job tonight, you guys are right back in it.

BillsOverDolphins
10-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by CHIEF4EVER

You guys are far from being out of anything CW. Heck, with a Sardines choke job tonight, you guys are right back in it. I appreciate your optimism Chief, but we need to go 6-2 with that schedule...:shakeno:

MDFINFAN
10-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
@Dallas - WIN
Indianapolis - Loss
@Giants - WIN
@Titans - Loss
@Patriots - Loss
Houston -WIN
Jets - WIN
Miami - WIN

5-3

9-7 Final record on a good day.

Thanks TD for keeping a lame head coach, and extending the rest of the staff to two year deals, for some odd reason.

If our D is still playing lights out when we play you again, you won't beat us. I know you're using the cold weather december thing against us, but I think this is a different team. Except our O has regressed. But they do enough to keep us in the game and maybe a defensive win.

Historian
10-28-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
The Bills have games ahead of them that I know they can't win--because of one reason or the other:

Good post. That realization game for me was the Jets game. In order to even make the playoffs we needed to win at least 4 division games, taking 2 from the Jets.

The sad part is, that after week two, I felt we were a serious SB contender. I knew the NE game was a big win. Its been mostly downhill since then. I still feel we win:

Texans
Jets
Fish