Don Cherry
10-27-2003, 11:15 PM
Uncle Don's Sweet 16- top performances last week

Don Cherry
10-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Top stoppers- best Goaltenders of the week

Don Cherry
10-27-2003, 11:24 PM
Top Prospects- Need some replacements? Your guys sucking?

Down in the Minors-

Defense-

Eaton, Mark (D-Nsh)
Kaberle, Frantisek (D-Atl)
Hulse, Cale (D-Pho)
Fitzpatrick, Rory (D-Buf)

Centers

McLean, Brett (C-Chi)
Johnson, Greg (C-Nsh)
Armstrong, Derek (C-LA)

RW
Vorobiev, Pavel (RW-Chi)
Ryder, Michael (RW-Mon)
Clymer, Ben (RW-TB)

LW
Simon, Chris (LW-NYR)
Schastlivy, Petr (LW-Ott)
Aubin, Serge (LW-Atl)

Top Goons- Hired fists of fury...:D

Brookbank, Wade (RW-Nsh)
Orpik, Brooks (D-Pit) -
Cummins, Jim (RW-Col)
Simon, Chris (LW-NYR)
:sukrpnch:

Don Cherry
10-27-2003, 11:42 PM
Using the roster to it's full potential-

Ok Boys and girls-

Tonight's lesson focuses on how to maximize your opportunity to beat your opponents.

1) Sit down once a week and spend the 5 minutes to set your rosters. You can do them for each day. The more you move guys in and out depending on the schedule, the better chance ya have to win. It drives me nuts when i see a guy out with an injury sitting there oin the roster taking up a legit spot - or even better- a top guy who's on the bench because their owner forgot there was a game on tonight.

You can set your rosters up between now and the end of the year if ya wanted - but I recomend a minimum through the weekend. DON"T let your team down! Check in once in a blue moon to see if your guy is still playing/healthy/alive. It's not rocket surgery.

2) Saturday night is Hockey night - so most if not all your boys will be in action that night- forcing you to sit a few who might be active in a game. Here's a thought- if you are way ahead in a category- say up 15 goals - you might want to sit a goal scorer in favor of a guy who might push ya over the top in a close category. On the surface it might not make sense to sit a miro satan in favor of an Andrew Peters or Tie Domi- but if you are ahead by a wide margin in Goalscoring but close in PIM's you might want to put one of these guys in there.

3) Injured reserve. If a player of yours gets knicked up, put him on IR! it opens up a roster spot ( there are 3 for each team) for this purpose. It's like adding a free player.

Some of the more industrious coaches out there will scan the waiver wire for talented but injured gimps and "stash" them away. They will pick them up, put them on IR and sit back and wait. If /when they come back they have first dibs on'em.

:baghead:

See ya later, Boys and Girls!:church:

Fennernen
10-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Good call Donny boy.... I did that one... I gots Bure, Leetch and Heatly on IR.... don't take up roster spots, and if they do come back... Hooray for me!!!