PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe's last 16 games in Buffalo

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 02:13 AM
14 TD's, 18 INT's, 6 fumbles lost with a 7-9 record.

Is this worth 6 million a year and our 1st round pick in the draft? Not in my book it isn't.

We could get just about any QB to put up them numbers for a million bucks a year.

I don't see any way we could replace a QB with 14 TD's and 24 TO's over a 16 game span. We are sooooo lucky to have Bledsoe.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better :shakeno:

LarryBoy
10-28-2003, 09:26 AM
Yea, with our O-line any quarterback can suck ass.

Im so tired of everyone ripping on Bledsoe...Damn, when 4 man rushes collapses a pocket in tenths of a second its not the QB's fault. Plus with the great play calling of this team everyone knows whats coming next.

Leave Bledsoe alone and lets deal with the real problems of this team.

WG
10-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by LarryBoy
Yea, with our O-line any quarterback can suck ass.

Im so tired of everyone ripping on Bledsoe...Damn, when 4 man rushes collapses a pocket in tenths of a second its not the QB's fault. Plus with the great play calling of this team everyone knows whats coming next.

Leave Bledsoe alone and lets deal with the real problems of this team.

And a LOT of people are tired of hearing, and having heard for 10 years, how nothing is ever Drew's fault or related to his own play.

RJ took a ton of heat for "not throwing the ball away" w/ an INCREDIBLY worse OL, RB, AND other aspects to the O than Drew has, and yet Drew's doing the EXACT same things!! Yet, w/o any heat!

Go figure. Wake up!

Bledsoe IS the problems of this team. NO ONE else is throwing those kinds of INTs.

Just wait, all of you taking this position are gonna look like fools in 10 more weeks after he puts up 10+ MORE INTS vs. only Tennessee, Indy, NE, and Miami! Forget about the other 4 teams, he'll have 10 or more in those 4 games alone.

Of course none of it will have to do with him...

:rolleyes:

Y-A-W-N!!!

LarryBoy
10-28-2003, 09:38 AM
Yea...its also kinda funny with all the talent on our defense they suck too huh?

Seems to me that both sides of the ball are playing poorly and Bledsoe has nothing to do with that.

Maybe its time YOU wake up!

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Here's a thought: maybe we're ALL asleep, and we'll all wake up to find that it's the Tuesday after the opening win over the Patriots? No? Well, it was worth a shot.

LarryBoy
10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
:lol:

TacklingDummy
10-28-2003, 09:48 AM
Doesn't Alex Van Pick has 3 Ints. in 6 Atts. this year?

Blame Bledsoe all you want. Fact of the matter is, he's the best QB on the Bills roster and he is not going anywhere anytime soon.

The main problem with this team is there is no pass rush from the front 4. The DE's on the Bills blow.

lordofgun
10-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Bledsoe IS the problems of this team. NO ONE else is throwing those kinds of INTs.

*cough*AVP*cough*

WG
10-28-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Doesn't Alex Van Pick has 3 Ints. in 6 Atts. this year?

Blame Bledsoe all you want. Fact of the matter is, he's the best QB on the Bills roster and he is not going anywhere anytime soon.

The main problem with this team is there is no pass rush from the front 4. The DE's on the Bills blow.

Good point. If we had a better pass rush, then perhaps Drew wouldn't be tossing so many picks!

:rolleyes:

:D

Hey TD, how are ya? ;)

doug45
10-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by LarryBoy
Yea...its also kinda funny with all the talent on our defense they suck too huh?

Seems to me that both sides of the ball are playing poorly and Bledsoe has nothing to do with that.

Maybe its time YOU wake up!

I think the defense is just burned out from being on the field 90% of the time.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Hey Wings :wave: not bad. You?

Did I tell ya that DB is the more healthy less scrambling version of RJ?

TackilingDummy seems to fit Bledsoe as well as it did Rojo.

WG
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Get rid of both of them. Sign whatever free agent QB is available, draft another in rounds 2-4, and then grab another decent backup off FAcy. Or compete Drew next year.

I have never in the history of the NFL seen a QB who's never been challenged as Drew hasn't. Since he entered the league, he could play as poorly as he did, 13/16 one year, and never even have anyone threaten to replace him. When it finally happened in NE by accident the truth became painfully clear.

I have a hard time believing that QB like Blake, who's career numbers on average are as good as Drew's or better on a per game basis, cannot do what Drew's doing this year and for only vet min! I simply refuse to believe that.

There must be dozens of QBs who can throw 6 TDs to 8 picks and lead the team to 3, 0, 3, 13, and 16 points in this league.

Does anyone really believe otherwise??

We don't need to pay $6M/yr. for that!

WG
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Think about the lineman you can get for $5M!!!

TacklingDummy
10-28-2003, 10:28 AM
Frig the linemen. I want a DE. Its all about putting pressure on the QB.

Example. Look what teams do to us.

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Frig the linemen. I want a DE. Its all about putting pressure on the QB.

Example. Look what teams do to us.

I want both a solid OL and a solid DL. It can be done. We could go out and get a pass rusher, either through the draft or FA. We also could draft a dominant DT, then use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a big, powerful guard to help us out. We could get a center in FA and then draft another OL for depth (probably at guard, where we are really suffering).

TacklingDummy
10-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Jevon Kearse a Free Agent next year?

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Now there's someone you wish the Bills would've gotten ala Marcus Jones. With the way he seems to be coming back from his injury, he will command a lot more now than he would've with the injury questions. We can still dream though, can't we?

TacklingDummy
10-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Maybe if we keep GW for another year Jevon wouldn't mind coming to play for his old D.C.

:rofl: Nah, fire the moron.

He would be a nice fit thou.

WG
10-28-2003, 10:42 AM
$$$

Great move, but expensive! Also, an injury risk. I'm not sure the Titans will pursue him for that reason.

I say we need to quit hoping for things to happen that likely will not.

Kearse had a great rookie year, but after that has been banged up and on the IL often in '02 and not contributing to the team then obviously, and not nearly worth his original hype when he is healthy.

He's good, not great as many suspected. I'd take him for $4-5M, but we have to look at the expense elsewhere. We can't pay Drew $6M, Winfield $4M, get quality linemen for Drew, :rolleyes:, and still sign players like Kearse at the expense of a lot of other positions.

Besides, I'm not convinced we need a "Kearse." Any DE who is capable of rushing the passer effectively will do. There'll be some out there who will be better value pickups. A $2 or 3 M DE will likely do the job alongside Williams and another DT that we don't yet have.

It's better to have average or above average everywhere than a few marquee players and holes elsewhere. That only detracts from the play of the marquee players and renders us average anyway with obvious holes that create problems for us in scheming/planning.

WG
10-28-2003, 10:43 AM
If either GW or Gilbride are here next season we're going to see Season ticket sales plummet.

Demon
10-28-2003, 10:49 AM
I can't bielive we're paying Bledsoe $10 million a year for what Rob Johnson could be doing for MUCH MUCH MUCH CHeaper.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Winfield is as good as gone. That's one of the reasons Clements was drafted. Just like Reed was drafted cause TD knew P.Price wasn't going to be around long.

We could also use Henry for trade bait. Use him to get a High 1st rounder or just trade him for something we need. With a healthy McGahee back next year, there is no need for Henry.

Maybe we can cut Bledsoe and pick up a cheap Kurt Warner after the Rams cut him during the off-season.