PDA

View Full Version : The Day After: Gregg Williams Monday quotes

northernbillfan
10-28-2003, 03:39 AM
This line from his opening statement was pretty hilarious:

We weren't able to match any plays that they made and we gave up too many big plays in the first half. Our defense has been pretty solid on not giving up big plays but we gave up big plays in this ballgame.

So I guess it was the big plays that killed the team, and not teh 35 points.

When asked if he was worried about his job:

"What I do is coach everyday as hard as I can."

Well obviously that's not good enough. I'm sure you can handle a high school team('s equipment that is)

Here he blames the inability to score on not being able to execute the plays:

"We haven't been able to put any points on the board. You're going to have to do that to be a good road team. You have to score touchdowns on the road. We had those field position opportunities in the first half, and again it comes down to our precision and our execution and we weren't precise enough."

Well who's responsible for executing plays with preciscion, but the QB. When asked about Drews inability to execute the plays, he replied:

"I don't think it's only Drew. Drew wasn't on defense last night.

Drew played a horrible game last night. Of course he wasn't on D, but he had to get the ball down field and counter every score, and he didn't.

Williams was spewing off cliches left right and center during this news conference, more than ever. He avoided naming names, adn skirted every serious issue. Sheesh, adn he wonders why nobody can take him seriously.

shelby
10-28-2003, 04:26 AM
i'd like to hear what Bledsoe has to say for himself.:cynic:

Travis had a good game....if only we had committed to the run earlier on...:wail:

venis2k1
10-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by shelby
i'd like to hear what Bledsoe has to say for himself.:cynic:

http://www.buffalobills.com/games/index.cfm?cont_id=211156

shelby
10-28-2003, 04:41 AM

Valid point on Drew's part:

"As a team we have to do a little bit better job of responding to adverse situations during a game. As a team when it seems like if we get hot at the start of a game then everything goes smoothly and if we stumble a little bit early in the game then we don't rebound very well. As a team we have to address that we have to be able to bounce back from adversity early in the ball game and press forward and get ourselves back in the game."

That is entirely true.

northernbillfan
10-28-2003, 04:56 AM
I disagree, as a team tehy need to stop the adverse situations from happening.

Go out and show them who's boss.

Earthquake Enyart
10-28-2003, 06:31 AM
I don't care what anybody has to say. Talk is cheap. Do your talking on the field. :mad:

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 07:17 AM
Here's another one of Gregg's Greatest Hits

(from the October 26 issue of Bills Digest)

"We've got to do what we're asked to do and do it the way we expect to do it and we did against Washington."

All those do's and did's make him sound like The Police

"did do do do, do did did did, is all I wanna say to you...."

BillsMan80
10-28-2003, 08:02 AM
He was very right about the blitzing though. The Chiefs were blitzing at will, and there was nothing Drew could do about that. It was a sea of red before he could even look for a receiver.

Earthquake Enyart
10-28-2003, 08:27 AM
He mumbled somethig on Empire last night about the players not being prepared. The reporters jumped on him and asked if that wasn't a coaching function. Then he mumbled about how they were prepared, they are not just not executing. :eek:

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
He mumbled somethig on Empire last night about the players not being prepared. The reporters jumped on him and asked if that wasn't a coaching function. Then he mumbled about how they were prepared, they are not just not executing. :eek:

Like someone else mentioned, the usual response after games like these are: "blah blah blah blah execute, blah blah blah make plays, blah blah blah get things corrected, blah blah blah...."