PDA

View Full Version : Blame it all on Matt Millen

Dman
10-28-2003, 07:07 AM
I truely believe that this team we have now is not what TD intended.

This team is "Plan B"

John Fox should have been the HC..but for some reason (playoffs???) wasn't available...my long, mid and short term memory sometimes fails me.. :help:

Drafting Joey Harrington #1 in 2002 was plan A.
When Detroit moved up to #3 they torpedoed that plan.
The next day we have DB as our qb.

Who knows what would have happened if Harrington had been available????

any thoughts?

venis2k1
10-28-2003, 07:20 AM
Noooooooo, Harrington sucks.

The lions are thinking about benching him.

he has a 56.7 qb rating(3rd worst in NFL) to bledsoes 76.8

has 12 ints(worst in nfl) to bledsoes 8

1230 yards(among the worst of starters of all games)

52.0 Comp %

I think its safe to say that Harrington is the worst starting QB in the NFL right now.

BillsMan80
10-28-2003, 07:59 AM
He isn't exactly on a very good football team right now though. Give him time. Get a team around him. Carr has a quality team around him.

Novacane
10-28-2003, 08:23 AM
They should have traded up for Patrick Ramsey but thats hindsite. I'm only concerned with what they are going to do NOW to fix the mess they have made

ryven
10-28-2003, 08:29 AM
There one QB I wouldn't mind the bills looking at and thats cody pickett. I have read a few things about him the only thing that seems to need work is his throwing power other than that they say hes very good in the pocket and he can be a mobile QB as well.

venis2k1
10-28-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
They should have traded up for Patrick Ramsey but thats hindsite. I'm only concerned with what they are going to do NOW to fix the mess they have made

I dont know why People here are so high on Ramsey, he IS Drew bledsoe only younger.

Stewie
10-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Ramsey can move around much better than Bledsoe

losman2evans
10-28-2003, 02:45 PM
I bet the lions would trade Bledsoe for Harrington right now, maybe have to throw in Magahee.

I would rather have Bledsoe-

ArcticWildMan
10-28-2003, 02:49 PM
I agree Dman. I think Harrington was who TD wanted and once he was drafted, that's when he went for Drew.

Oh well. You can almost guarantee that we'll draft a QB in the early rounds (1 thru 3) this year.

The Natrix
10-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
He isn't exactly on a very good football team right now though. Give him time. Get a team around him. Carr has a quality team around him.

What does Carr have anything to do with Harrington? I'm glad we don't have Harrington. Drew is better.

Billsouth
10-28-2003, 07:22 PM
i will bet a lot that we do not draft a qb in the early rounds. we r a few players and a good coach away from being serious contenders. we do not need a qb we need d and o-lines and shut down corners. also, some real speed at wr wouldnt hurt.

look for us to go line (d or o) with our first pick.

Billzz
10-28-2003, 07:40 PM
With Domique doing well with the Texans I doubt the T-Hen trade for Hansen will be in there best intrest. Why does it always seem we missed the boat over the last few years on excellent players and go for the tried and tested ones who have fallen flat on their face.

Oldokland should have proven already you can't win with a aging team ready to retire chasing the last hooorahhhh. If your gonna rebuild do it right the first time so your not doing a balancing act when things don't turn out the way you planned. With some of the big names we have signed I can see a definite problem trying to correct our major issues we have always had with the Oline.