PDA

View Full Version : cha..cha..cha..changes????

Dman
10-28-2003, 07:25 AM
If changes are going to be made before the end of the season isn't today the day to do it?
What are the chances?

Thoughts??

venis2k1
10-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Yesterday or today.

WG
10-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Can't argue that.

I wouldn't expect any tho. Ya gotta remember a couple of things. First, if Williams goes, Gilbride goes. Gilbride is TD's boy so don't expect that. If Gilbride goes now it'll be the first in a line of criticisms against TD and his strategies for building this team. Ergo, don't expect Williams to go.

Just expect twice as many cops on him at the next game. :D

I'm not thinkin' anything's gonna happen.

Secondly, we're 4-4. While that's not good given the circumstances behind the 4 wins and 4 losses, the front office reacts to perceptions and while most of the fans recognize that this is a team headed for less than 8-8 with hardly even a chance of beating some good teams, our beloved NFL media probably hasn't studied the team nearly as much as we have. So in their eyes we're still a .500 team w/ a shot at the playoffs.

I know fan opinions on this board differ, but I'm sure that even those attempting to be optimistic by posting that we "can still make the playoffs" fully realize that isn't going to happen by a long shot.

IMO we're gonna hear a bunch of front-office speak crap and propaganda this off week with some suggestions for changes such as perhaps Sullivan in for PussyWillow or "Kelsay being ready to step up" or some other nonsense like that. Why not? Williams has nothing to lose and neither does Gilbride. In fact, even tho those things are a shot in the dark, GW and KG are probably best served to try them on the long shot that they work since they're going nowhere in the meantime.

JMO