WGR55: Some players expect a new coach this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

WGR55: Some players expect a new coach this week!

Thats a sure sign he has lost his team. If he does not go now this season is over.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Who said that?

A reporter? A Player? A Talk show host? A caller?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

Paul Hamilton.......the beat reporter said some players are saying it.

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

I really enjoy some of the shows WGR has, but they have a history of talking out of their arse to make people listen to them. I hope this isn't one of those things.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

It's fine if it is. It's time for the local/regional media to start kicking up the heat!

As I've said in the past, IMO the Bills read these sites and take public opinion from them. You have the most vocal fans on them and usually they err on the side of conservative team issues, ie. many homers. Therefore, if it's that bad on the boards, they know it's worse elsewhere and there's plenty of proof for that.

So IMO they get a read on what the fans think from these boards which is why I don't downplay the posts here and am vocal myself. I firmly believe that our opinions can help drive what the team does. It's obviously not gonna dictate TD's decisions, but it will be a factor in them hopefully.

I mean imagine if 2 dozen fans here said that they wouldn't renew their seasons if Williams and Gilbride were here next season, I'm sure that would resound somewhere in the organization's head. They'd be foolish to ignore talk like that. I know I'm serious when I say it.

Why would someone pay $40-some per ticket to see our team once again prove that they are incapable of doing anything after only a handful of games next season? Tickets are available to every game outside in the lot and at the BO, especially after a dropoff in ST sales if GW and KG were to be retained. Why should fans gamble on eating several hundred dollars worth of tickets to a couple of games that they are unable to attend.

I know living in DC I can usually only make 3-5 games. I have my Indy tix on e-bay now and they aren't selling. That should have been a big game. I may have to eat $330 on that game alone if I can't sell them. Why? It's insane. I'm not gonna do that next season.

I bought seasons when TD came aboard and at his assurances that we'd be good by now. He lied! He gambles on correcting the team to the team's detriment, he's a poor evaluator of coaching talent. Gilbride was his friend and coach, NOT GW's choice! Williams was obviously a mistake and when we think we could have had Fox or Lewis, it's angering. Perhaps Parcells even. And LeBeau, well, he sure did wonders for Cincy as both a HC and DC. Can we all say deja vu!

I don't trust TD's decisions any longer. I'm tired of worrying about losing hundreds of dollars worth of tickets for games I can't sell for a few games that I can't make it up for. I may just go back to my ways of buying 20-30 tickets for 2 or 3 choice games next year instead of buying a mass of seasons. At least that way I can make my decisions based on need, not false assurances.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• askabry
            • Jul 2002

I have some very similar things coming from players in the past few days. Frankly, I was surprised it took Paul Hamilton this long to "break" the story ...
            what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
            • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
            • 1,000 dead American servicemen
            • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
            • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
            • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

oh man, this is it! This should be the last straw. when you have players calling for a new coach, you know it's time to pull the plug. I hope its done soon, because this points to how the team is playing. If they want a new coach, why would they want to win?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by askabry
                I have some very similar things coming from players in the past few days. Frankly, I was surprised it took Paul Hamilton this long to "break" the story ...
                Do you know players?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

When it has any validity or not the point that players have told Hamilton that they expect a new coach is all you need to see that he has lost at least parts of the team...he must go.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I think this is a plausible story. Responding to your sig, Fairway, I don't think it is realistic to take all the steps suggested in your current sig now in mid-season. Particularly in the coaching staff I just don't think it's practical to can the entire coaching staff. There just aren't enough quallified guys floating around out there to fill a new staff midseason. The new head coach (interim or otherwise) would be hoplessly handicapped. If you think the team and fans are demoralised now, you ain't seen nothing. If you want to do it in the offseason, fine, that can work.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• askabry
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Do you know players?
                      I am involved in area charities that absorb some time of the players. Let's just say some activities have been cancelled and the reasons given were not incongruent with what Paul Hamilton is saying.
                      what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by askabry
                        incongruent??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

I would be whole heartedly suprised if Williams got the axe this week. I hope it happens.

Comment

• askabry
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

incongruent: Text: Synonyms INCONSONANT 1, conflicting, disconsonant, discordant, discrepant, dissonant, incompatible, incongruous, inconsistent, unmixable

to be incongruent ... to essentially be ... not conflicting, not incompatible.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

I know what it meant...

Comment

Working...
                              X