PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 things we must do next season...

ArcticWildMan
10-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Ranked in order of importance. (I won't even state the obvious need for a new coach)

1. Get a stud DE. I don't care if we have to get into a bidding war with the Titans for Kearse or if we have to give up multiple draft picks for somebody else. Just get somebody in here that can give us a solid pass rush!!!

2. Draft a QB. This draft class is deep in QB talent and we have ignored signing anybody who can replace Drew in a few years. Drew isn't getting any younger and we need to get his replacement now so we can groom him.

3. Sign a veteran CB. Winfield is gone. His lack of a contract extension shows that TD isn't impressed with his play.

4. Draft/sign a new Guard. Pucillo reeks and for whatever reason, Sullivan has dropped off the face of the earth. Get a widebody to protect Drew. Rueben isn't getting any younger either, so maybe two guards might be a good idea!!

5. Draft/sign a new Center. We have no depth at this spot and we need a replacement for Teague.

Jan Reimers
10-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Right you are, AWM. I would add: a Free Safety who can make plays, i.e., intercept a pass now and again.

stuckincincy
10-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Ranked in order of importance. (I won't even state the obvious need for a new coach)

1. Get a stud DE. I don't care if we have to get into a bidding war with the Titans for Kearse or if we have to give up multiple draft picks for somebody else. Just get somebody in here that can give us a solid pass rush!!!

2. Draft a QB. This draft class is deep in QB talent and we have ignored signing anybody who can replace Drew in a few years. Drew isn't getting any younger and we need to get his replacement now so we can groom him.

3. Sign a veteran CB. Winfield is gone. His lack of a contract extension shows that TD isn't impressed with his play.

4. Draft/sign a new Guard. Pucillo reeks and for whatever reason, Sullivan has dropped off the face of the earth. Get a widebody to protect Drew. Rueben isn't getting any younger either, so maybe two guards might be a good idea!!

5. Draft/sign a new Center. We have no depth at this spot and we need a replacement for Teague.

I'll pass in your points #1 and #3, but...

#2 - They had their eye on, and were high on Ramsey in 2002. Skins picked him up, so the Bled trade occured. They only had to move up 4 -5 spots in the 2nd rnd. A dice roll that came up snake eyes.

#4 - Took WMG at #23 with Steinback still on the board. Amazing. He's started and is a major plus for the B'gals. His pass blocking is adequate, should improve with experience, and he flys downfield and blocks on running plays. Opportunity lost :sad:

#5 - CLE took C Jeff Fain at #22 - near miss but They had their sights on WMG. I have nothing against WMG, but other needs were there, TH had breakout season and so forth.

ArcticWildMan
10-28-2003, 11:20 AM
I hear ya about Fain. He was the guy I was hoping we would draft. I was pissed when the Browns grabbed him.

Ebenezer
10-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Right you are, AWM. I would add: a Free Safety who can make plays, i.e., intercept a pass now and again.

I agree but I am starting to think it is the scheme more than the players...even through bad luck the S should get an INT now and then...Adams has one for crying out loud.

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
#2 - They had their eye on, and were high on Ramsey in 2002. Skins picked him up, so the Bled trade occured. They only had to move up 4 -5 spots in the 2nd rnd. A dice roll that came up snake eyes.

Move up 4-5 spots in the 2nd? Didn't the Skins take him with the last pick in the first round?

RedEyE
10-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
I hear ya about Fain. He was the guy I was hoping we would draft. I was pissed when the Browns grabbed him.

I was screaming for Faine as well. It blew my mind when we drafted a broken RB that couldn't be effective right away. TD could have traded up, but it's not his style. Still everyone knew that the line needed to be addressed in the off-season. Pucillo is obviously not the answer.

stuckincincy
10-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich

Move up 4-5 spots in the 2nd? Didn't the Skins take him with the last pick in the first round?

Yep...I didn't make myself clear. They picked #4 in round 2, so moving up 5 (six, now that I think of it) would have jumped 'em above the Skins to #31 in rnd 1.

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
Yep...I didn't make myself clear. They picked #4 in round 2, so moving up 5 (six, now that I think of it) would have jumped 'em above the Skins to #31 in rnd 1.

Gotcha.