X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

This is very distressing to read...

Tom Donahoe as quoted in the Buffalo News...
    "I think everybody is working hard," Donahoe said Monday night on "The Buffalo Bills Midseason Report" on Channel 7. "I think Gregg, all his coaches, you know, we haven't given up on this season. We're 4-4. We're still in the thick of it.

"I've always believed, all the years that I've been in the league, that the first seven, eight games, you just have to try to stay in the hunt. The good teams will begin to separate themselves in November and December. I'm pleased overall with the effort of our staff, the effort of our players. We're looking forward to the second half."

Pleased overall with the effort of the staff and players??" What is he on crack?? This obviously must mean that no changes are coming coachwise.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

Donahoe is an @$$.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Geesh, what do you expect him to say? Our coaching sucks and we have no chance??

Come on fellas, he's just doing what any good manager does. He has to be careful or the players will totally quit. That would have an impact well into next year.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

If it was me I would say that I was not happy with the way things are going and the way the team has played as of late is unacceptable...he should start holding some people accountable and if any player or coach doesn't like it then get rid of their underachieving a$$es. I would also start cleaning house beginning with two of the most arrogant coaches on the staff in Williams and Gilbride.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

I expect him to say GW sucks, and he is fired as of now.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

He could say a lot of things other than "I'm pleased overall with the effort of our staff, the effort of our players." If he means that than he means he is pleased with less than 100% effort.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Sighted Season Sank Same...
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Whatever TD says must be true. He's a genius, you know.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                  Geesh, what do you expect him to say? Our coaching sucks and we have no chance??

Come on fellas, he's just doing what any good manager does. He has to be careful or the players will totally quit. That would have an impact well into next year.
                  You have a point AW, but let's get real here. He's trying to pull the wool over our eyes. This either suggests that TD is an idiot or playing the fans for fools! Some fans like .... , ...

Seriously tho, I expect him to say "we're gonna try and iron out the issues that this team has and we'll hopefully be able to rebound!"

That would be a credible statement.

NOT

"I've always believed, all the years that I've been in the league, that the first seven, eight games, you just have to try to stay in the hunt. The good teams will begin to separate themselves in November and December. I'm pleased overall with the effort of our staff, the effort of our players. We're looking forward to the second half."

Yeah Tom, good teams really don't show up in the beginning of the season when the schedule's the easiest. they wait for the tough weather with a QB who has a history of playing like ***** in it! Why try and "separate yourself" in Sept. and Oct.

You're "pleased w/ the effort of your staff and the effort of your players" Tom???

Perhaps it's time that you stepped down then! B/c nary a fan is pleased with much of anything that's coming from OBD these days!

Either they guy thinks that the fans, that's you folks, are stupid, or he himself is stupid! It's gotta be on or the other here.

Frankly, I'm not sure which it is...

Perhaps we're calling on the wrong person to make changes.

Perhaps we should be beseeching Wilson to clean house entirely!!!

Those quotes are the biggest bunch of BS I've heard outta TD yet!
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

I don't even have a problem with him saying he is pleased with the effort of his staff. I am sure they giving it everything they've got. They are just not any good at what they're doing.

The players on the other hand..................................if he is truely happy with the effort he got the last 6 weeks he is basically admitting he brought in players that are not that good.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

Oh, and Tom, you're looking forward to the second half are ya?

At least you are!

I know I'm not! This season can't end fast enough for me at this point!

With statements like that Tom, you'd better hope we put Dallas and Houston away but good! If we somehow lose to both, you're a goner with statements like that. And should be quite frankly.

Those quotes anger me.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                        The players on the other hand..................................if he is truely happy with the effort he got the last 6 weeks he is basically admitting he brought in players that are not that good.
                        GREAT point!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Whatever TD says must be true. He's a genius, you know.
                          Dontcha know...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Those quotes anger me.

Me too. With statments like that he must think we're stupid.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Who else can you guys turn on? I think you've pretty much covered all the bases. Oh wait....you haven't called for Ralph Wilson's head....YET.

Being frustrated is fine, but some of you are taking panic to new level. If we listened to you, we'd have to fire every single player and coach and the GM. That would really solve the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X