GREAT article on the status of the team by Leo Roth!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

GREAT article on the status of the team by Leo Roth!!!

Weary Bills need a lot more than rest

Some select quotes:

"The Bills know that until they win a big road game — they haven’t in more than a year — nobody will take them seriously. Their three consecutive road losses this season, to the Dolphins, Jets and Chiefs, are by a combined 85-15 score with the offense failing to score a touchdown while committing 14 turnovers and giving up 14 sacks. "

"With eight games to play, there is time to salvage the season but the challenge is daunting. Buffalo’s final eight opponents are a combined 34-23.

Beyond that, the Bills’ overall level of play has regressed. They enter the season’s second half with no momentum thanks to their 2-2 October.

Since opening the year with lopsided wins over New England and Jacksonville, they’ve been outscored 131-74 and are now being outscored for the season by five points. Sunday was the third time this year the offense couldn’t produce a touchdown. "

Sounds like something I would have written.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• ArcticWildMan

Did he call for Drews head? If he did, I'd say you two are related

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

I didn't see that. What I saw is that he said that by default we only have Drew and therefore at least for the foreseable future Drew is our only option there.

Again, I know this is tough for you Bledsoe fans to handle, but a little competition for once would certainly determine how much of this is Drew related. Again, from a competition standpoint, Drew has been babied since he's been in the NFL!

Other than by injury, find one example where pressure from the backups was even remotely suggested or applied. There is no instance. Only excuses for his play.

His first three seasons he was 53 TDs/58 INTs. Usually that's enough to at least warrant some competition for QBs.

Other than his two best seasons, he's 141/131. Is that good in anyone's book? Unlikely, and if I found a QB who had similar numbers and suggested he'd start for us, you'd be all over me. Yet...

Drew's been very average for 9 of his now 11 seasons, often worse than average. 13/16, 15/15, 25/27, 19/21. And of course this season, 6/8 so far, soon to be 14/20 or worse.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

“They’re pros and there is still good leadership in that locker room.”

But it ain't coming from you.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Again, I know this is tough for you Bledsoe fans to handle, but a little competition for once would certainly determine how much of this is Drew related.
          Didn't we already go thru this for 3 years with the RJ/DF thing? Doug clearly beat out RJ in overall team performance and some people still wanted to let RJ start. Even thou it was clear to most people that the Little guy was the better QB to lead the Bills.

Comment

• LarryBoy
            The world needs a hero!
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz

Didn't we already go thru this for 3 years with the RJ/DF thing? Doug clearly beat out RJ in overall team performance and some people still wanted to let RJ start. Even thou it was clear to most people that the Little guy was the better QB to lead the Bills.

yea, competition did wonderful things then.
            Bills Rock!

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
              • Jul 2002

Wys,

I agree that Drew as been part of the problem, but we can't change it now. We need to work with his strengths and try to protect his weaknesses. We need to stick to the run to set up play action. That helps give him more time. Drew needs to throw some balls away instead of trying to force them, when he's under pressure. I don't mind taking a chance downfield every once in a while. Sometimes you must take that risk, but you need to do it at the right time.

Also, a few end arounds and reverses wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Working...
              X