• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Another offer for Bledsoe Supporters:

Drew's passer rating is presently 76.8 at the bye week.

Since you didn't like my TD/INT ratio wager to charity since it "wasn't fair or a good indicator of Drew's play", how 'bout this one.

I think we all agree that 76.8 is nothing special for a passer rating. I will offer the same wager to those of you thinking that Drew is good.

Up to $500 collectively. $100 limit per person unless the 500 is not reached.

If he finishes w/ a higher rating, you win. If not, I win. I'll even build in a tenth of a point just in case. You only lose if he finishes w/ 76.6 or less.

The charity is:

After sharing the story of the Good Samaritan, Jesus said “Go and do likewise.” That is the mission of Samaritan's Purse—to follow the example of Christ by helping those in need and proclaiming the hope of the Gospel.

again, the check gets made out to SP but gets sent to the winner.

Takers?

This should be more than fair. His rating dipped substantially after this last game and could easily go up near ten points w/ only a good game v. Houston.
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I will think about this one. I will also say though that Donovan McNabb has a lot worse QB rating.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

What is it with you and betting real money? I mean, seriously?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Now wys, is starting to gloat as to how right he is about Drew. Let me see, he in knocking Sam Adams, Kelsay, TD practically the entire team as well .

What's possesed you say say the bills are going 12-4 inspite of everything prior to the season starting?

Although you have your points about cetain things, you are also wrong.

Sorry bud, when Drew does something good you say one liners or don't even post anything. When he sucks bad, you comeout from self hybernation and start threads of how Drew sucks. You called 12-4 .
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Wys, give it up.

We're all frustrated about the way our team is playing but you're embarassing this entire board with your latest rants.

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
            Wys, give it up.

We're all frustrated about the way our team is playing but you're embarassing this entire board with your latest rants.
            I agree. This "thread" is ******ed. One does not need to bet or gamble in order to back his/her beliefs and opinions.

Give it up dude.

Last edited by BAM; 10-28-2003, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              Just tyring to figure out who really believes that Drew is nearly as good as they say he is. That's all. There's clearly nothing in it for me. Just the charity. It's a good cause. I stand to gain nothing. :) Only lose. :) I'm just that confident and figured I would try to make some money for orhpaned kids around the world with much larger problems than who our QB is. Since I don't have the money to give, this was my idea to get some!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BradAlanMiller

I agree. This "thread" is ******ed. One does not need to bet or gamble in order to back his/her beliefs and opinions.

Give it up dude.

indeed.

How 'bout all the nonsense of "if only we had a team around Drew..." which is equally outrageous.

I'm just glad that we'll be able to move on to find a real QB next season and stop this insanity of "Drew can do it w/ ..." whatever it is he's been missing for 11 seasons.

I do find it interesting however that not a single person will ante up on this who's been spouting off about Drew. You included. Where's the confidence in Drew now? What, $10, $20 to a very good charity is stopping you? Heck, if you're right then you won't have to pay a dime and it'll still be 'your' contribution! Call it a holiday charity thing for cryin' out loud. This notion that I'm "ruining the boards" with this is silly.

What's silly is not one single person anteing up on this. Even Spaz, the last person I'd have expected to do it is thinking it over.

I'll make a deal with ya, no more posts about "all the things Drew is missing in order to be playing like a PB QB" and I'll stop the anti-Drew stuff. Until then, MOs are just as valid as yours and those on that side. You want me and those in my camp silenced, while we still have posts about Drew being OK as long as...blah, blah, blah. How long does that go on for, the entire 20 years of his career? B/c it's been that way since he started playing profootball. Nothing in NE was his fault, now little here is. Meanwhile, QBs with less talent are doing more elsewhere in the league.

Anyway, I've made two, (2), proposals for charity not a dime of which would benefit me, only a risk for me, and "it's too much!" :WAH:

Meanwhile, how many threads/posts have we had telling us that if Drew only had this or that, then he'd be up to snuff? Quite a few more.

If there's any consolation here, it's that those holding the same veiws that I do are now finally encouraged that perhaps we can get past this infatuation w/ Drew, a QB who's played poorly for 4 seasons, heading for 5 now, very mediocrely for another 4, and who has only had 2 very good seasons at all!

I know that's tough to understand, but many of us actually care about the performance of the team as a whole and not jersey sales, pro bowl appearances, yardage and attempt stats, and player heros.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ð
                  1-800-SAD-GOAT
                  • Jul 2002

Wys, give it up.

People realized long ago how not to be sucked in to play your game, so go back into your little corner, have your temper tantrum and maybe your mommy will give you a nice lollipop for being a good boy.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Yeah, I'm sure you know all about "lollipops" there D.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                      The wing business is soft.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BradAlanMiller
                        • Sep 2003

Wys,

I'll bet you $20 that nobody takes your bet... LOL. I am a Bledsoe supporter, but I definately won't bet on him! The NFL is too hard to predict anymore, it'd be stupid. I do, however, hope he starts playing better than he has...
                        Last edited by BAM; 10-28-2003, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

charity. HA. Damn kids should be out working for their food. If you ask me giving them food is just making the problem worse.
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                            Wys, give it up.

Yeah, Mark, he's right...(thanx Mike)

I'm not happy about the way we've been playing either. But I have been following this team for 40 years. I've been thru the good, the bad, and the UGLY.

I fullly realize that we are not gonna be a Super Bowl team this year. Nevertheless, I will still root for this team (and be totally depressed when they lose a game) EVERY SINGLE WEEK!

I'm driving 7hrs to see the Texans game. . I'm bringing my 14 yr old son to his first pro footblall game....He's going to be weariing a SPIKES jersey.

Here's the bottom line folks....

Either enjoy the journey, or be a FRONT RUNNER and root for the Bucs, or whoever you think is gonna win the SB....if you do that, you aren't a Bills fan.

As for me, win or lose, I will ALWAYS live or die by the BILLS!!!

GO BILLLS!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Just tyring to figure out who really believes that Drew is nearly as good as they say he is. That's all.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X