X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jsyn
    • Sep 2003

Geezus!

Ya the bills got spanked this week. But they are 4 and 4, not 0 and 8. They are only 2 games back of the pats. Has there been questionable play calling? Of course it happens with every team, even the undefeated chiefs have had issues with their play calling. This board is like a roller coaster, First 2 weeks of the season everyone loves TD, Bledsoe, etc. We take a dive and now there are posts of fire so and so.

Maybe this bye week is just what this team wins. Are you telling me we can't beat dallas and quincy carter? We can't beat the texans? The colts will have a tough time IN buffalo. The next 2 are against both New York teams, neither are doing anything this year and are under (yes the jets beat us, but I'm sure they wont' let that happen again).500. So 8-5 is possible. Which brings us too Titans Dolphin and Pats. The titans look great at times but will McNair stay healthy? Dolphins in december IN buffalo? Pats in Foxboro, the pats are winning ugly, this game should be close. We take 2 of those 3 and hopefully those 2 are the division games we have a good shot at a 10-6 record and a playoff spot.

Look around at the standings. 4 division winners and 2 wild cards. Of the second place teams we have the Titans who should make it and then Miami and Denver ahead of us. Denver has been hit by the injury bug and don't look very good. Miami looked good against a very bad chargers team. Behind us are the bengals are 3-4(who we beat) and a bunch of 2/3-5 teams. Until we are actually eliminated from the playoffs nobody should be fired. Have some faith!
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Smoke another doob

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

We've been patient for going on three years...us natives are getting restless..we want blood.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jsyn
        Ya the bills got spanked this week. But they are 4 and 4, not 0 and 8. They are only 2 games back of the pats. Has there been questionable play calling? Of course it happens with every team, even the undefeated chiefs have had issues with their play calling. This board is like a roller coaster, First 2 weeks of the season everyone loves TD, Bledsoe, etc. We take a dive and now there are posts of fire so and so.

Maybe this bye week is just what this team wins. Are you telling me we can't beat dallas and quincy carter? We can't beat the texans? The colts will have a tough time IN buffalo. The next 2 are against both New York teams, neither are doing anything this year and are under (yes the jets beat us, but I'm sure they wont' let that happen again).500. So 8-5 is possible. Which brings us too Titans Dolphin and Pats. The titans look great at times but will McNair stay healthy? Dolphins in december IN buffalo? Pats in Foxboro, the pats are winning ugly, this game should be close. We take 2 of those 3 and hopefully those 2 are the division games we have a good shot at a 10-6 record and a playoff spot.

Look around at the standings. 4 division winners and 2 wild cards. Of the second place teams we have the Titans who should make it and then Miami and Denver ahead of us. Denver has been hit by the injury bug and don't look very good. Miami looked good against a very bad chargers team. Behind us are the bengals are 3-4(who we beat) and a bunch of 2/3-5 teams. Until we are actually eliminated from the playoffs nobody should be fired. Have some faith!
        Yes, we're 4-4 and not 0-8. True, we're just a couple games out in the division standings. Also true: we have lost 4 OF OUR LAST 6 GAMES!!!! We've shown no signs of improvement in many key areas, and a lot of us are concerned that this season, which was supposed to be one where we contend, could end up like last year or worse.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

So negative Rich...

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jsyn
            • Sep 2003

It's just the extreme some fans go too, at the beginning of the season everyone is great and the bills were genius' in the offseason, at hopefully the lowest point of the season people jump off the sinking .500 ship. Is a new coach at this point of the season really going to help? If this season is lost like many of you think, why not wait until the offseason to make a coaching change and find the best candidate possible.

What good would firing gilbride do at this point? Who is going to call the plays? You can't bring in a new system halfway through the year.

Comment

• R. Rich
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
              So negative Rich...

Ahhhh, shadddup, you Bledsoe lover!

It's just the extreme some fans go too, at the beginning of the season everyone is great and the bills were genius' in the offseason, at hopefully the lowest point of the season people jump off the sinking .500 ship. Is a new coach at this point of the season really going to help? If this season is lost like many of you think, why not wait until the offseason to make a coaching change and find the best candidate possible.

What good would firing gilbride do at this point? Who is going to call the plays? You can't bring in a new system halfway through the year.

Those kind of comments you take with a grain of salt. There are bound to be people going overboard, whether we do well (Spikes is awesome; make room for a bust in Canton!) or we don't, like now (fire the coaches, fire Bledsoe, fire Donahoe, fire Ralph, fire Billy Buffalo, fire Van Miller (oops! he's retiring), fire ...). I still say those folks are fans, just REAL passionate fans. To me, if you just don't care what happens, if you sit back and say, "Oh, look at that; Bledsoe threw his third INT" or "Boy, did Milloy and Winfield get roasted by Dante Hall on that play; oh well", then you are NOT a fan, because the team doesen't really affect you the way it does a fan.

Comment

• Jsyn
                • Sep 2003

When just about every freaking post is FIRE WILLIAMS! FIRE TD!! It's hard to just ignore.

Oh, look at that; Bledsoe threw his third INT
                I wouldn't say that because the hail marry pick shouldn't count :)

Sure I get pissed when the bills lose or make a bonehead play, that's part of the fun of watching sports. My point is the season isn't over.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

When just about every freaking post is FIRE WILLIAMS! FIRE TD!! It's hard to just ignore.

Sure I get pissed when the bills lose or make a bonehead play, that's part of the fun of watching sports. My point is the season isn't over.

You're right. There is time to make a run and get into the playoffs. It's all up to them.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Is a new coach at this point of the season really going to help?
                    Yep, bye bye Tenessee defense and blown timeouts with goofy challenges...that's a good start.

What good would firing gilbride do at this point? Who is going to call the plays?
                    We would probably run on 1st and goal on the two yard line instead of passing...you could bring in the OC from your local JV football team who could make more intelligent calls than Gilbride has made.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                      • Jul 2002

LMAO Rich!!!

You obviously haven't bought any season tickets. LOL

Look at it this way, they have to go sometime, so why sugarcoat it in the meantime, right. To think that all of a sudden GW and KG are gonna become world class coaches is a bit optimistic, no? :)
                      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jsyn
                        • Sep 2003

If I was a season ticket holder I would be happy because the bills are 3-1 at home. So GW and KG aren't Bill Parcells and John Gruden. Well might as well throw in the towel, why bother playing you can only win with having the best coaches, players, owner. Tell Eric Moulds to quit trying to come back from his injury because we have inept coaches.

Greg Williams looks like a genius on challenges compared to Andy Reid.

Comment

• BillsNick
                          • Jul 2003

Greg Williams never looks like a genius no matter who he is standing next to, even if that person is RADIO.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsNick
                            Greg Williams never looks like a genius no matter who he is standing next to, even if that person is RADIO.
                            This is what i think of when I picture Greg Williams..
                            D
                            My Band
                            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Jaded 7
                              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie This is what i think of when I picture Greg Williams..
                              D
                              You can use that picture in the hunting debate thread in the Twilight Zone too, Churchie. lol

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                              The only answer I found for all this hurt
                              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

Working...
                              X