PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe better than Jim Kelly ?

Buffalofan
09-29-2002, 09:29 PM
Come on guys .. I'm only kidding !! Just wanted to see what kind of replies I would get for that one. You have to admit though .. Drew has been on Fire in Buffalo !! Gotta Love it !!

:cheers:

Novacane
09-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Thats blasphemey my friend.

WCoastFin
09-29-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Buffalofan
Come on guys .. I'm only kidding !! Just wanted to see what kind of replies I would get for that one. You have to admit though .. Drew has been on Fire in Buffalo !! Gotta Love it !!

I think 2 OT wins have really got to someone....Becareful getting caught up on all the hype.....P.S. Is saying something like this a TOS violation????...Hehehe, JK.

Novacane
09-29-2002, 09:49 PM

Better than kelly notw! Definately better than Marino though!:fiedler:

WCoastFin
09-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

Better than kelly notw! Definately better than Marino though!:fiedler:

Thats a defenite violation!!!!

Novacane
09-29-2002, 09:56 PM
:biggrin:

lordofgun
09-29-2002, 10:00 PM
We'll revisit this next year after Drew wins us the Super Bowl. :D

Caniac
09-30-2002, 07:51 AM
Seriously, Would a Super Bowl win put Drew ahead of Jim ?

Rude American
09-30-2002, 07:56 AM
Better than Kelly is hard to say, but we can safely say the torch has been passed. Bledsoe is the next true great in Buffalo Bills history.

LABillsFan
09-30-2002, 08:28 AM
I talked about this with my girlfriend right after the game. I said Bledsoe is better than Jimbo as far as the TEAM concept and leadership. With Jim, the team was known as the Bickering Bills, but with DB it's a totally different persona right now. Jimbo called his own plays where as KG is calling the plays so maybe that has something to do with it. Both have the numbers but I think it's like comparing Montana/Young, Starr/Favre, Staubach/Aikman. different eras, different styles.

Pride
09-30-2002, 08:30 AM
Ban him hehe J/K

SABURZFAN
09-30-2002, 08:38 AM

that comment could make someone be a few ZoneBucks lighter.

:jk:

SABURZFAN
09-30-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
Better than Kelly is hard to say, but we can safely say the torch has been passed. Bledsoe is the next true great in Buffalo Bills history.

well said,Rude.i hope you're right.

WCoastFin
09-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
I talked about this with my girlfriend right after the game. I said Bledsoe is better than Jimbo as far as the TEAM concept and leadership. With Jim, the team was known as the Bickering Bills, but with DB it's a totally different persona right now. Jimbo called his own plays where as KG is calling the plays so maybe that has something to do with it. Both have the numbers but I think it's like comparing Montana/Young, Starr/Favre, Staubach/Aikman. different eras, different styles.

you guys got some nerve....he wins you 2 games in overtime...and its only week 4...and hes better than Kelly!? Kelly did that for YEARS!:shout:

Novacane
09-30-2002, 01:40 PM
A dolphin fan defending Jim Kelly! I never thought I'd see the day!

Rude American
09-30-2002, 01:40 PM
idiot

TigerJ
09-30-2002, 01:53 PM
I take nothing from Jim Kelly. It would be hard to imagine a more colorful charismatic leader for a football team. That being said, what I've seen of Bledsoe convinces me he has a stronger more accurate arm. He is a consumate professional and team guy. I think Jim Kelly made quicker decisions about throwing, but DB doesn't make mistakes. He's thrown two interceptions on the year and GW absolved him of one, saying Moulds misread the defense.

WCoastFin
09-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
A dolphin fan defending Jim Kelly! I never thought I'd see the day!

As much as I hate Kelly...I respect him and his accomplishments as a bill.....I respect all 4 of the greatest Marino,Montana,Elway and Kelly....probably the best ever.

Bledsoe is nowhere near that list.

WCoastFin
09-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
idiot

Rude

Novacane
09-30-2002, 01:59 PM
I hear you WCF............I hate Marino but I sure did not look forward to the Bills playing him. Good thing for the Bills he never had a running game.

Buffalofan
09-30-2002, 03:31 PM
The best games were always Kelly vs Marino .. I cant believe a Bills fan would say he didnt look forward to those games ... are you Nuts ? Besides, what was there to worry about ? Kelly ALWAYS kicked Marinos ASS !!

Dozerdog
09-30-2002, 03:38 PM
I will say this... Bledsoe is off to a much better START here in Buffalo than Jim Kelly.

And I'm not talking from an experience stand point. Jim being a 25 year old rookie and all. Jimbo came here kicking and screaming at first- holding out, going to the USFL- if that league could have made it financially and paid some bills, he may never have gotten here.

Then there was the whole maturity process... who can forget the "bickering Bills" of the late 80's.

Bledsoe wanted to come here and has done everything right from the get go. Kelly is still #1, Kemp is still #2, Ferguson is still #3, but Bledsoe is soaring up the charts quick.

Ed
09-30-2002, 04:06 PM
Are you guys comparing just their Buffalo careers or their overall careers? Because if we're just looking at accomplishments as a Bill, it's obviously way too early. With that being said though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bledsoe turns out to be the greatest qb to ever wear a Bills uniform. He seems to have all the intangibles that Kelly had, but with a slightly stronger and more accurate arm. Bledsoe really is special and whoever said that he's not anywhere close to Elway, Montana, Marino and Kelly is wrong. He may not be included in that list, but he is close and will most likely get there.

Go Drew! I can't wait for him to obliterate Marino's single season passing records.

Halbert
09-30-2002, 06:14 PM
If you recall, Kelly also had an INT problem his first season here. He kept throwing the ball into coverage in the middle of the field. Of course, he more than made up for that slow start by tranforming the identity of the team for the next decade.

Drew has the potential to match Jim's accomplishments but it's going to take at least a few more years for him to get there.

BillyT92679
10-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Stylistically, although both are pocket passers, the qb's couldn't be any more different. Jim is shorter and lighter than Drew, but is twice the scrambler (Jim isn't Donovan or Daunte, but compared to Drew...) Drew has always had a far stronger arm than Jim, especially when you compare the 30 yr old Jim and the 30 yr old Drew. Jim could not throw the out route with nearly as much zip as Drew can. Drew is extremely cool and confident in the pocket, arguably more so than Jim, but Jim was a better "field general." Jim called all his own plays and knew where ever any one needed to be at all times. Drew throws less picks than Jim did, but invariably takes less risks. I still say Jim is better but time will tell.

THATHURMANATOR
10-01-2002, 05:47 PM
"you guys got some nerve....he wins you 2 games in overtime...and its only week 4...and hes better than Kelly!? Kelly did that for YEARS!"

Seriously let Drew keep it up for awhile and win a SB then maybe!

Dozerdog
10-01-2002, 05:51 PM
you want another Fine, thurm? ;)

Dozerdog
10-01-2002, 05:52 PM
No one is saying kelly ranks below Drew, just offering the pros and cons between the two