PDA

View Full Version : Our team as seen through an unbiased and classy Chiefs fan's eyes...

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 02:05 PM
This was a brutally honest post which came from a Chiefs fan on another MB....:shakeno:

Dude, I actually felt sorry for your team last night. You have some good talent on that team but you have coaches that are BEYOND moronic. Sad really, what a waste of good talent. I'll be shocked if ANY of those coaches are employed next season.....if they live that long.

See, its not just us:shakeno::wail:

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 02:07 PM
Only an IDIOT would think that it's not the coaches bringing this team down.

Guys like Tice, Fox, Parcells are winning on teams that have a 1/4 of the talent of this team!

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

Tom Donahoe....I'm pleased overall with the effort of our staff, the effort of our players. We're looking forward to the second half.":eek:

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 02:23 PM
He always has a poker face! It’s the political thing to say!

Listen, he’s not going to hang his coach out to dry in the media. That’s a chump thing to do. I’m sure he was all over him behind closed doors, but he’s not the kind of guy who’s going to call his coach out in the media. That’s just not him!

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2003, 02:26 PM
It's all gameplan/coaching, IMO.

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 02:32 PM
He always has a poker face! It’s the political thing to say!
I’m sure he was all over him behind closed doors, but he’s not the kind of guy who’s going to call his coach out in the media. That’s just not him!

Well, if he has been all over him why aren't things changing?? Its going on three years and we are seeing the same half-a$$ed defense with the same in-game mismanagment of the team...why is there still no change?? Maybe he needs to get the point across to his coaches a little better.:idunno:

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
It's all gameplan/coaching, IMO.

I wholeheartedly agree!!:up:

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Well nothing has changed because he stinks! We all know that! But teams rarely fire the coach during the season!

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Aren't they one in the same?

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Well nothing has changed because he stinks! We all know that! But teams rarely fire the coach during the season!
Ralph didn't have any bones about canning Hank "took the sails out of my winds" Bullough and replacing him with Marv Levy...the rest is history.;)

Judge
10-28-2003, 04:34 PM

Guys like Tice, Fox, Parcells are winning on teams that have a 1/4 of the talent of this team!

Yup. Only an idiot would blame the QB for everything wrong with this team.

Ebenezer
10-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Ralph didn't have any bones about canning Hank "took the sails out of my winds" Bullough and replacing him with Marv Levy...the rest is history.;)

That was 1986...coaches got blown up in the season all the time...it doesn't happen that much anymore except in the last one or two games...I don't know why...I don't think it is right...it just seems to be.

ArcticWildMan
10-28-2003, 04:42 PM
As much as we all want to ****can GW, it doesn't make sense to do it now. Firing GW would send this team into total chaos with no leadership at all to run the team. That would be worse than what is going on now and would have ripple effects well into next year.

GW is a lame duck coach. It sucks, but that's just the way it's going to be. We'll have a new coach next year and hopefully a rejuvinated team.

Ebenezer
10-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
As much as we all want to ****can GW, it doesn't make sense to do it now. Firing GW would send this team into total chaos with no leadership at all to run the team. That would be worse than what is going on now and would have ripple effects well into next year.

GW is a lame duck coach. It sucks, but that's just the way it's going to be. We'll have a new coach next year and hopefully a rejuvinated team.

I agree...and I have to admit...the next one gets hung on TD. He hired this idiot simply because he knew he would not get a quality coach to come in here and baby sit a team that was about to be blown up because of the salary cap. The betting here is that TD did not expect the team to go 8-8 last year...they go 5-11 and he fires GW in a heart beat. Firing him after 8-8 sends a really bad message to perspective candidates that the bar will be set so high that it would be SB or bust. Who would line up for that job.

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 04:52 PM
I understand what you are saying Artic, but GW is a lameduck coach who has three ex-head coaches looking over his shoulder and a GM who has called a lot of the shots on who his assistant coaches should be. How much of a leader is he really?? I am sure that the players have sensed this...you never here any glowing endorsements from the players for him. I don't think there would be that much of a dropoff in leadership if he was yanked and replaced with an interim coach until we got another one in place. When Hank Bullogh was replaced midseason the player's attitudes changed dramatically and they started playing again. :idunno:

ArcticWildMan
10-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Makes you wonder if he hasn't already got an agreement in place with Coughlin. Gilbride seemed to mesh good with Coughlin in the past. Why else would he extend Gilbride but not GW?

Ebenezer
10-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Makes you wonder if he hasn't already got an agreement in place with Coughlin. Gilbride seemed to mesh good with Coughlin in the past. Why else would he extend Gilbride but not GW?

Don't forget GW even said he turned down an extension...I bet it was for one year (2004) which would have matched all the assistants...GW is trying to play chess with TD...bad choice.

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

That was 1986...coaches got blown up in the season all the time...it doesn't happen that much anymore except in the last one or two games...I don't know why...I don't think it is right...it just seems to be.

It makes no sense to me why they do less now than they did back then but that doesn't mean we can't do it just the same. This team's psyche is already halfway out the door because of the coaching blunders that are going on I don't think that it would be as traumatic to them as everyone thinks.

mchurchfie
10-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Coughlin would be a good choice. I'm not so hot on the idea of Gilbride staying around but at least Coughlin would have enough nads to keep him and Drew in check.

TigerJ
10-28-2003, 11:22 PM
You make some interesting points, Eb. We'll never know for certain, but it's plausible that TD is thinking the way you suggest he is. I'm not convince Coughlin is the man for the job though. I think that Tom Coughlin and Gregg Williams are evidence that extremes don't work particularly well in training camp. GW ran a country club this summer and I think it backfired. Tom Coughlin ran a boot camp and I think there was a lot of resentment toward him among Jacksonville's players. There's got to be some sort of balance that is able to instill discipline in players without grinding them into the turf.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2003, 06:26 AM
Yes, coaching is our biggest problem, but let's bring TD down from his "genius" pedestal. He hired, and continues to keep as head coach, the moron GW. He did nothing in the offseason to shore up our O line or our pathetic DE situation, and got suckered on Adams, Posey and Milloy.

We have actually regressed from last year. I'll give the "genius" one more year - to put in place a competent coaching staff and fill some glaring holes - but if he can't get us back to the playoffs in 4 years, I don't think TD is the answer.

CHIEF4EVER
10-29-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Yes, coaching is our biggest problem, but let's bring TD down from his "genius" pedestal. He hired, and continues to keep as head coach, the moron GW. He did nothing in the offseason to shore up our O line or our pathetic DE situation, and got suckered on Adams, Posey and Milloy.

We have actually regressed from last year. I'll give the "genius" one more year - to put in place a competent coaching staff and fill some glaring holes - but if he can't get us back to the playoffs in 4 years, I don't think TD is the answer.

That looks hauntingly like a post you would have seen on the Chiefs Planet during the Goonther Cunningham era. Lucky for us, Carl Peterson got the message in time and booted Goonther and got Dick Vermeil for us. Hopefully for you guys, Donahoe has better managerial skills than he gets credit for and gets a halfway decent coach for you guys soon.

CHIEF4EVER
10-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Just found this on Mortensons Mid Season analysis.

Midseason Analysis
The only thing the Bills have done to prove me right was trouncing the Patriots in the opener -- and I have long maintained that the first game of the season can be the most misleading. The Bills have plenty of talent, but anyone who watched them look thoroughly overmatched in Kansas City on Sunday night must concede that they're something missing in Buffalo. Coach Gregg Williams will need at least a strong second half to survive.

mchurchfie
10-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Good find Warchief!:up: Hope you didn't mind me using your post from FH in my thread, 3W.:church::D

CHIEF4EVER
10-29-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Good find Warchief!:up: Hope you didn't mind me using your post from FH in my thread, 3W.:church::D

Don't mind at all 3W. It seems the assessment I made is being echoed in the media and the fanbase as well. Methinks GW is gonna get the ol heave ho after this season.......unless he gets the shoe leather to the booty treatment sooner.

mchurchfie
10-29-2003, 06:10 PM
:lol::rofl::up: