Our team as seen through an unbiased and classy Chiefs fan's eyes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Our team as seen through an unbiased and classy Chiefs fan's eyes...

This was a brutally honest post which came from a Chiefs fan on another MB....

Dude, I actually felt sorry for your team last night. You have some good talent on that team but you have coaches that are BEYOND moronic. Sad really, what a waste of good talent. I'll be shocked if ANY of those coaches are employed next season.....if they live that long.

See, its not just us
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Only an IDIOT would think that it's not the coaches bringing this team down.

Guys like Tice, Fox, Parcells are winning on teams that have a 1/4 of the talent of this team!
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      Tom Donahoe....I'm pleased overall with the effort of our staff, the effort of our players. We're looking forward to the second half."
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

He always has a poker face! It’s the political thing to say!

Listen, he’s not going to hang his coach out to dry in the media. That’s a chump thing to do. I’m sure he was all over him behind closed doors, but he’s not the kind of guy who’s going to call his coach out in the media. That’s just not him!
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

It's all gameplan/coaching, IMO.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

He always has a poker face! It’s the political thing to say!
            I’m sure he was all over him behind closed doors, but he’s not the kind of guy who’s going to call his coach out in the media. That’s just not him!
            Well, if he has been all over him why aren't things changing?? Its going on three years and we are seeing the same half-a$$ed defense with the same in-game mismanagment of the team...why is there still no change?? Maybe he needs to get the point across to his coaches a little better.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
              It's all gameplan/coaching, IMO.
              I wholeheartedly agree!!
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Well nothing has changed because he stinks! We all know that! But teams rarely fire the coach during the season!
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Aren't they one in the same?
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• mchurchfie
                    • Jul 2002

Well nothing has changed because he stinks! We all know that! But teams rarely fire the coach during the season!
                    Ralph didn't have any bones about canning Hank "took the sails out of my winds" Bullough and replacing him with Marv Levy...the rest is history.
                    My Band
                    daveviterna.com

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Guys like Tice, Fox, Parcells are winning on teams that have a 1/4 of the talent of this team!
                      Yup. Only an idiot would blame the QB for everything wrong with this team.
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                        Ralph didn't have any bones about canning Hank "took the sails out of my winds" Bullough and replacing him with Marv Levy...the rest is history.
                        That was 1986...coaches got blown up in the season all the time...it doesn't happen that much anymore except in the last one or two games...I don't know why...I don't think it is right...it just seems to be.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

As much as we all want to ****can GW, it doesn't make sense to do it now. Firing GW would send this team into total chaos with no leadership at all to run the team. That would be worse than what is going on now and would have ripple effects well into next year.

GW is a lame duck coach. It sucks, but that's just the way it's going to be. We'll have a new coach next year and hopefully a rejuvinated team.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                            As much as we all want to ****can GW, it doesn't make sense to do it now. Firing GW would send this team into total chaos with no leadership at all to run the team. That would be worse than what is going on now and would have ripple effects well into next year.

GW is a lame duck coach. It sucks, but that's just the way it's going to be. We'll have a new coach next year and hopefully a rejuvinated team.
                            I agree...and I have to admit...the next one gets hung on TD. He hired this idiot simply because he knew he would not get a quality coach to come in here and baby sit a team that was about to be blown up because of the salary cap. The betting here is that TD did not expect the team to go 8-8 last year...they go 5-11 and he fires GW in a heart beat. Firing him after 8-8 sends a really bad message to perspective candidates that the bar will be set so high that it would be SB or bust. Who would line up for that job.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

I understand what you are saying Artic, but GW is a lameduck coach who has three ex-head coaches looking over his shoulder and a GM who has called a lot of the shots on who his assistant coaches should be. How much of a leader is he really?? I am sure that the players have sensed this...you never here any glowing endorsements from the players for him. I don't think there would be that much of a dropoff in leadership if he was yanked and replaced with an interim coach until we got another one in place. When Hank Bullogh was replaced midseason the player's attitudes changed dramatically and they started playing again.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X