PDA

View Full Version : Email from the Bills

Novacane
10-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Anyone else get the email going on about how in the last 10 years 26 teams have reached the playoffs after starting 4-4 or worse?

Think they know fans are giving up? Those 26 teams had one thing going for them that this team does not.............................................NO GREG WILLIAMS!

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 02:31 PM
FTG has one dinner with Wys and he's converted to a Drew hater!

We've lost another one Thurm

Novacane
10-28-2003, 02:35 PM
I don't hate Drew.

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Bledsoe needs to go?

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 02:37 PM
He does need to go after this year but it probably won't be till the end of the 2004 season.

Every year we stick with this loser is another year we're losing out on trying building a QB for the future.

Drew looks like a rookie QB who is trying to learn the game. There wouldn't be that much of a difference.

Novacane
10-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
FTG has one dinner with Wys and he's converted to a Drew hater!

We've lost another one Thurm

Wys is not converting anyone to his side. Drew Bledsoe is the one converting people to Wys' side.

Billzz
10-28-2003, 02:45 PM
A rookie QB wouldn't have as much faith in his arm as Drew does there for probably wouldn't be making the same mistakes IMO. He would eat it or throw it away before trying to turn it over.

WG
10-28-2003, 02:46 PM
We need to keep him for next season unfortunately just b/c he'd be the only one familiar w/ the O. He definitely needs some competition, serious competition, at absolute minimum, something he's not accustomed to. Bring in a proven vet even if it is just a lifer backup. It'll do something.

W/o question tho, he should not be extended and should not start every game next season. VP should be cut. The only reason he's even on the team is due to his "fan status" as a fav. Big deal. He's gotten his bonus money. If the team/Ralph feels that strongly about him, let him coach. Heck, he's gotta be better htan KG as QB coach.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Anyone else get the email going on about how in the last 10 years 26 teams have reached the playoffs after starting 4-4 or worse?

Think they know fans are giving up? Those 26 teams had one thing going for them that this team does not.............................................NO GREG WILLIAMS!
They also didn't have Gilbride, Drew playing at his worst in big games, 6 of which are coming up. No interior OL. No pass rush.

It's not a good sign indeed.

WG
10-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Wys is not converting anyone to his side. Drew Bledsoe is the one converting people to Wys' side.

You're no fan!

:D

And it's far from over. More converts to come. I promise. Again, not b/c of what I say or do. People give me too much credit for influencing fan opinion. I only report what I see.

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 02:49 PM
In the order I'd like to see things improved:

1. OFFENSIVE LINE (THE foundation for any good team!), especially from guard to guard. I think we're okay at the tackles, at least for now.

2. DEFENSIVE ENDS They just plain SUCK!! We need help here.

3. DEFENSIVE TACKLE A partner inside for Pat Williams, because Sam Adams hasn't looked too good. He's getting handled in one-on-one situations, he's not even taking double teams. Meanwhile, Pat is taking double teams and is still getting in the backfield more than Sam.

After these things improve, I think we'll see improvement from others, like Bledsoe and the secondary. I would like to see how this team would do with a rock solid OL and a PASS RUSH!!

BillsNick
10-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Maybe we could sign Tom Brady!:snicker: Nothing like TB to get Drew going!

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 02:53 PM
Maybe I’m crazy, but I think it all comes down to coaching and having one game changing DE! That’s what is keeping this team from the top!

The O-line has been opening up holes. It’s tough when you go on the road and the whole stadium knows that you’re going to pass on 75% of the plays and they just tee off and Blitz on every God damn play!

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2003, 03:13 PM
I agree 100% Pat.

There is no rush from the front 4.

And no solid sustained gameplan on either side of the ball.

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 03:18 PM
All these guys Practically want to start all over again! It doesn't need to be that way!

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 03:20 PM
All these guys Practically want to start all over again! It doesn't need to be that way!

As long as Drew Bledsoe is our QB we will be an average team. He hasn't had a winning season in years.

It's no coincidence the Pats become a good team once he goes down with an injury. They would've never won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, or would never be 6-2 with Drew Bledsoe as their QB.

WG
10-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Maybe I’m crazy, but I think it all comes down to coaching and having one game changing DE! That’s what is keeping this team from the top!

The O-line has been opening up holes. It’s tough when you go on the road and the whole stadium knows that you’re going to pass on 75% of the plays and they just tee off and Blitz on every God damn play!

You're crazy!

:D

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Nope.

No team in the league is solid in every single area. That's the way it is.

Coaching is what makes the most difference. The Cowboys are a prime example.

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

As long as Drew Bledsoe is our QB we will be an average team. He hasn't had a winning season in years.

It's no coincidence the Pats become a good team once he goes down with an injury. They would've never won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, or would never be 6-2 with Drew Bledsoe as their QB.

Well if you say it, it must be true!

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 03:28 PM
Well if you say it, it must be true!

I guess if you don't agree then I must be wrong.

Check the stats. The proof is in the pudding.

Yep, I'm making up Drew Bledsoe's losing record over the last 4 years.

R. Rich
10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Nope.

No team in the league is solid in every single area. That's the way it is.

Coaching is what makes the most difference. The Cowboys are a prime example.

I agree that with the salary cap, you can't be a well stocked team, but that doesen't mean you need to start substandard players like Pussywillow and Teague! We need help from guard to guard. They have not opened holes in the interior of the line on a consistent basis; they've been getting manhandled all season! That's part of the reason why Gash is struggling; he's seeing defenders 3-5 yards in the backfield before he can get ready to block them. I'd stay with the tackles we have, but the guards and center need to be replaced.

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 03:39 PM
Didn’t say if you were right or wrong, just saying that it's ridiculous to forecast the future like that! The guy has been Q.B. for teams with double digit wins! The guy did bring a team to the Superbowl! What about those stats? What about that pudding?

Not arguing about whether Drew is good or bad, just shooting holes through your weak first statement!

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Didn’t say if you were right or wrong, just saying that it's ridiculous to forecast the future like that! The guy has been Q.B. for teams with double digit wins! The guy did bring a team to the Superbowl! What about those stats? What about that pudding?

Not arguing about whether Drew is good or bad, just shooting holes through your weak first statement!

I don't care what he did when he was 24 years old. I care what he has done since he was about 27, and since then he has had a losing record.

They were 1-3 with Bledsoe, he gets hurt and they lose 2 more games the rest of the year.

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 03:57 PM
It was 0-2. Two very close losses!

and I'm glad to know that 27 is the cut off! I'm 27 now! Therefore everything I've done up to this point is worthless!

It's nice starting over!

Voltron
10-28-2003, 04:07 PM
If coaching has nothing to do with a QBs play then

EXPLAIN QUINCY CARTER THIS YEAR!

Patrick76777
10-28-2003, 04:12 PM
THANK YOU VOLT!!!!!!!

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 04:20 PM
It was 0-2. Two very close losses!

and I'm glad to know that 27 is the cut off! I'm 27 now! Therefore everything I've done up to this point is worthless!

It's nice starting over!

I didn't say 27 was the cutoff point, I asked what he has done since he was 27. Well I checked up the stats.

Since 1999 Drew Bledsoe has played 55 games. He has a record of 25-33 in them 55 games. Pretty good, eh?

Here are his stats for them 55 games

1,190-2,002, 13,783 yards

68 TD's, 59 INT's, 33 fumbles, 15 fumbles lost- Just wonderful play there.

172 sacks- Sounds like a pattern

25-33 Record- Wow, not even a winning record. How surprising?

His average game stats

21-36, 250 yards, 1.2 TD's, 1.3 TO's, 3.1 sacks per game

This is a trend that has been going on since he was 27. What you see is what you get. Nothing is gonna just happen to change overnight.

Do we really want a QB with more TO's then TD's, and a losing record over the past 55 games?

What makes you think he's gonna all of a sudden change? There is no proof that he will change.

Drew Bledsoe has been bad for 4 years. What other proof do you need?

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
If coaching has nothing to do with a QBs play then

EXPLAIN QUINCY CARTER THIS YEAR!

7 TD's and 8 TO's. He is just tearing it up.

If coaching is everything how come he didn't do anything when he had Bill Belichek? How come he had his best year over the past 4 years last year in Buffalo? Does that make Gregg Williams a better coach then Bill Belichek.

Try again.

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 04:36 PM
In Drew's 24 games in Buffalo he has 33 TD's and 31 TO's. Right on line with his previous years.

Nothing is gonna change folks.

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Is there not any other QB that couldn't have given us 33 TD's and 31 TO's for 1/6 the price and without dishing out a 1st round pick?

That's an expensive 6 million dollars there.

Novacane
10-28-2003, 04:41 PM
If you keep doing what you've been doing you're gonna keep gettin what you've been gettin!