PDA

View Full Version : Mike McMahon

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 03:12 PM
He hasn't played too bad when he has been in there. I don't think he'll ever be a star in this league but he could be a steady option.

I think it'd be worth giving up a 3rd rounder for him next year if Detroit is interested in getting rid of him.

The Spaz
10-28-2003, 03:13 PM
I have no gripes with McMahon. I actually thought we would draft him.

Mr. Miyagi
10-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Mike McMahon??? Now we are really fishing. :rolleyes:

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

It can't be any worse then Bledsoe right now. Bledsoe looks like a 31 year old rookie making 6 million dollars a year out there.

I'm sure McMahon could put up 6 TD's and 10 TO's through the first half of this year, and 14 TD's and 24 TO's over the last 16 games.

WG
10-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Amen!

You're still no fan BF!

Valerie
10-28-2003, 03:28 PM
I have a question, even though he's already on the Bucs, is Phil Simms son any good? I was just wondering if he got any of his dad's skills. And, is he right out of college?

BillsFever
10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jaded 7
I have a question, even though he's already on the Bucs, is Phil Simms son any good? I was just wondering if he got any of his dad's skills. And, is he right out of college? [/QUOT

I haven't seen him play very much. We could've drafted him instead of our backup LB though.

TedMock
10-28-2003, 03:35 PM
att comp % yds TD INT Rat.
282 120 42.6 1596 10 11 56.7

nope.

he can run though. This would not be an upgrade so I don't want him.

Judge
10-28-2003, 04:18 PM
One word answer: NO!

2 more words: He sucks.

helmetguy
10-28-2003, 07:20 PM
He got all his college hype because of his dad. Didn't set the world on fire by any measure.

TigerJ
10-28-2003, 11:02 PM
McMahon had a bit of a reputation for immaturity in college, something of a "me guy" I think. He played for a New Jersey school, I think, Rutgers maybe. He's got a decent arm and he's a fiery guy. Like any middle tier QB he can look good in the right situation. I think Chris Simms is real suspect. He has all the physical talent in the world, but I don't think he has the mental toughness to succeed. I think he'll always be prone to make critical mistakes, sort of like another QB with a great arm that we all know

ryven
10-29-2003, 07:20 AM
I think if were are going to go after a QB we should try to trade up in the draft and go for Cody Pickett he may be the type QB that fits buffalo especially after we get rid of KG.

He has a good arm and he move can around. below is a link to his bio and every draft site I look at it seems they really like him.

http://gohuskies.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/pickett_cody00.html

Earthquake Enyart
10-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Pick that Bowling Green QB in the 4th.

McMahon is a stiff.

ryven
10-29-2003, 07:59 AM
I geuss you mean josh harris hes wouldn't be bad pick up either heres his bio.

http://bgsufalcons.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/harris_josh00.html

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by TedMock
att comp % yds TD INT Rat.
282 120 42.6 1596 10 11 56.7

nope.

he can run though. This would not be an upgrade so I don't want him.

Originally posted by Judge
One word answer: NO!

2 more words: He sucks.

How about offering some alternatives? Even if you don't want Drew to be replaced as the starter, we need to look for our next starting QB (someone who can be groomed to eventually replace Drew).

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills draft a QB. Ben Rothlisberger of Miami of Ohio is really good. If he were to fall in the draft (I don't know if that will happen, because people are starting to respect the MAC conference now and it's talent), I'd take him.

IHateTheDullphins
10-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Where's Travis Brown???:snicker:

WG
10-29-2003, 08:09 AM

No Miyagi, we're "fishing" if we keep Drew around!

This endless quest and hope for "talent around him" is about as deadhorse as it can get. Hoping for more is to be the "Old Man and the Sea!"

ryven
10-29-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich

How about offering some alternatives? Even if you don't want Drew to be replaced as the starter, we need to look for our next starting QB (someone who can be groomed to eventually replace Drew).

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills draft a QB. Ben Rothlisberger of Miami of Ohio is really good. If he were to fall in the draft (I don't know if that will happen, because people are starting to respect the MAC conference now and it's talent), I'd take him.

He could be a good pick up it looks like has a good arm and it sounds like he can move around in the pocket well here his bio:

http://muredhawks.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/roethlisberger_ben00.html

WG
10-29-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

It can't be any worse then Bledsoe right now. Bledsoe looks like a 31 year old rookie making 6 million dollars a year out there.

I'm sure McMahon could put up 6 TD's and 10 TO's through the first half of this year, and 14 TD's and 24 TO's over the last 16 games.

Only Drew can put up 1 TD for every INT or pair of INTs BF!

Come on here. You're starting to sound like a fin fan!

:ugly:

WG
10-29-2003, 08:19 AM
Actually, McMahon hasn't performed very well when in there, but then again, he hasn't exactly had the St. Louis receiving corps, KC OL, and Holmes to work with.

Oops! Did I overstep the analysis here...

...can I have a ruling...please...

I think Drew may be the only QB where the circumstances and players around him are allowed to be a factor. Well, if that's the case, apologies...!

:D

stuckincincy
10-29-2003, 08:23 AM
Well, Shane Matthews sits on the B'gals bench at #3 after rookie Palmer. If i recall, he played 6 or 7 games for the skins during Spurrier's quarterback de jour philosophy. Marvin Lewis knew 'em when he was the skin's DC.

Not advocating Matthews as an answer. He played well in preseason, for whatever that's worth.

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by ryven
He could be a good pick up it looks like has a good arm and it sounds like he can move around in the pocket well here his bio:

http://muredhawks.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/roethlisberger_ben00.html

Yeah, I've seen a lot of him over the past couple seasons. He's for real, I think. My brother really likes him, as he is not only a Steelers fan (they need a real QB BADLY!!), but also a Miami of Ohio graduate (class of '89).

ryven
10-29-2003, 08:29 AM
I dont know likke I said if were going to bring some one in it should be through the draft Drew will be are QB for atleast 2 or 3 more seasons so we should bring some one in that we can groom I like cody pickett but that will probably coast us a 1rd pick and a ton of money that josh harris seems pretty good and we could probably get him in a later round.

stuckincincy
10-29-2003, 08:32 AM

Yeah, I've seen a lot of him over the past couple seasons. He's for real, I think. My brother really likes him, as he is not only a Steelers fan (they need a real QB BADLY!!), but also a Miami of Ohio graduate (class of '89).

I've got mixed feelings abt Rothleisburger...mostly due to the schedule that MOH plays. Nice size, though. It'll be interesting to see where he pops up when the gazilion mock drafts start to profilerate.

Speaking of locals, Guiduli of UC seems to be dropping. It must be the beer :D

ryven
10-29-2003, 08:34 AM

he seems to be a solid QB and a couple of mock drafts I have seen they have him going early in the draft I just dont know if he will fall to us if he does that might be a good pick up at least it souds like he can move around in the pocket and he has good size. for me right know with the three QB's mentioned the two that we could possibly get I would say this Ben kid and Josh harris.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2003, 09:06 AM
Let's package Adams, Milloy, Posey, Bledsoe, Pucillo and a couple of tackling dummies and find a genius like TD who will take the deal and let us trade up for Eli Manning.