PDA

View Full Version : For you who watched the game on TV.

Novacane
09-29-2002, 10:01 PM
Did they show Drew pleading with GW to call a TO near the end of the first half when the Bears were about to score. I was sitting behind the Bills bench and he definately was not real pleased GW did not save him a little time to do something after the Bears scored.

lordofgun
09-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Nope. They didn't show it.

Ingtar33
09-29-2002, 10:13 PM
No

clumping platelets
09-29-2002, 10:21 PM
i do not remember viewing such an occurance :confused:

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
i do not remember viewing such an occurance :confused:

It happened. He even went over to Gilbride and was pleading with him. Drew even said in his post game conferance that he would have liked to have used a TO to give the offense another shot at the end of the half.

I agree with him. That is the only gripe I have with GW from this game.(other than stubbernly sticking with watson)

GW does not manage the clock well. Our O was unstopable in the first half. WIth 1 minute DB had a great shot to at least get us a FG.

WG
09-30-2002, 09:44 AM
With Drew back there you gotta give him that. W/ most other QBs/offenses, I would have let it go however, at least that far in our own territory.

Drew could have gotten us into FG range however. That would have involved us actually doing some of those patented Drew 20-yard outs which apparently Gilbride is allergic to.

Drew for Head Coach next year, O.C., and mayor of Buffalo!

WG
09-30-2002, 09:48 AM
BTW, it wasn't the only thing they didn't show. On at leat two of those dubious penalties, they didn't show an angle that let us see if it actually was one. Most of us didn't think they were.

I guess the NFL instructs the network which camera angles to show/not show in the interests of covering up their major blunders.

That Terrell TD call has got to be one of the worst!!!

I really don't think that guy in the corner had a clue. The call was ENTIRELY his, yet, after Terrell came down, he looked at the other refs across the field in the EZ prior to signaling. I don't think they gave him any indication so he just decided it was time for a Bears TD.

What a guy, eh!

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:50 AM
The dumb a$$ was definately guessing on that one WYS.

mybills
09-30-2002, 01:51 PM
I'll watch the tape and look for it, but I don't remember seeing that either.

wys - there was (2) Terrell TD's they were terrible about!