PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs within reach if..................

clumping platelets
09-29-2002, 10:26 PM
TD adds some reinforcement to the D. We need:

1) a third CB in a BIG way.....Watson cannot be depended on and teams will continue to rack up yardage against him

2) another veteran DL to help vs run......Bears really didn't try to run the ball like they are capable......Bills dominated time of possession early

Thoughts?

dolfan25
09-29-2002, 10:41 PM
It's week 4. You can't tell whether your team is good enough to make the playoffs yet. Hell you could run off 5 wins in a row and be a sure playoff contender.

The other thing is if the Bills were in the AFC North or South they would probably be a playoff team but the East and West are dogfights this year.

Rebecky
09-30-2002, 11:50 AM
The offense is awesome -- SB material in anyone's book.

If the D can just achieve high-mediocre (B-), we've got a chance.

Do we really need more talent on the D? Is what we've got now really so un-talented as to be uncoachable? We only need a high-mediocre level -- not the next coming of the Steel Curtain.

Rebecky
09-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Or was the Steel Curtain the OL? I really don't know.

casdhf
09-30-2002, 11:55 AM
I like the way PW and Edwards played against the Bears. If they can keep that up, we really will be rolling along.

Ebenezer
09-30-2002, 11:56 AM
If we beat or play the Raiders close then I will be very impressed and start believing that we could make the playoffs...but it is still going to be a hard road.