PDA

View Full Version : Henry Gets Verbal

RedEyE
10-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Bills running back Travis Henry feels underutilized in red zone
By JOHN WAWROW

October 28, 2003
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) - The Buffalo Bills are having trouble scoring and Travis Henry has a simple solution: give him the ball more often near the goal line.

The Bills leading rusher questioned the team's play-calling decisions on Tuesday as Buffalo began a three-day stretch of bye week practices. Henry was feeling left out in an offensive scheme that has had a tendency to pass instead of run in short-yardage situations - including near the opposing goal line.

"Man, I don't know. I'm searching for answers myself," Henry said. "You would think I would get the ball in certain situations in which I'm not getting it."

That was evident in Sunday night's 38-5 loss at Kansas City.

Trailing 21-2 in the second quarter, the Bills settled for a field goal following two incomplete passes, including one in which Drew Bledsoe overthrew a wide-open Dave Moore in the end zone. That was after Henry's seven-yard first-down run put the team at the 2.

It wasn't the first time that's happened this season.

more: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/031028/6/v9qj.html

RedEyE
10-28-2003, 08:34 PM
"I'm consistent in the red zone," Henry said. "So in situations like that, I want the ball at least once or twice. I want the ball because I feel like I can make the play given the opportunity."

"I think so," Henry answered when asked if he supported offensive co-ordinator Kevin Gilbride.

"It's plain and simple," Henry added. "I think everybody knows what we should be doing but, like I say, we're not doing it. And why we're not doing the things that we're good at, I don't know."

Billzz
10-28-2003, 08:50 PM
Good to see he has a healthy appetite of wanting the ball not the self destructive kind like T.O. Also seems to want to help the team out vs. self glory with a little sense of things are in turmoil let me help you help the team kinda deal.

That make sense? Kinda tired.

RedEyE
10-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Billzz
Good to see he has a healthy appetite of wanting the ball not the self destructive kind like T.O. Also seems to want to help the team out vs. self glory with a little sense of things are in turmoil let me help you help the team kinda deal.

That make sense? Kinda tired.

Crystal clear. :up: Good point.

Novacane
10-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Good for Travis! It's about time some players question Gilbride.

socalfan
10-28-2003, 10:36 PM
It seems to me that at home KG may run the ball more; getting hit in the head with a foreign object from fans is a real possibility. But away, TH is going to starve. I'd be really POed if I were him. Setting goals and not realizing them because of the OC is bogus.

ryven
10-29-2003, 06:45 AM
socal how are you and your family doing with the fires?

Jeff1220
10-29-2003, 07:06 AM
Good for you TH. Give 'em heck!:shout:

justasportsfan
10-29-2003, 07:48 AM
I don't care much for complaining players, but in this situation, he's right. It's sad when a player knows more than the OC and the HC

. Since GW isn't doing anything about it by telling Gilbride what to do, might as well be a player.

Hell, the Janitor could've said that and I'd be happy as long as it makes a loud noise by hitting media. Let's see if it falls on deaf ears again.

IHateTheDullphins
10-29-2003, 07:54 AM
It's about friggin time! hell yeah Travis!! since Nobody else wants to stand up a voice these problems, especially the friggin "lameduck" QB. (godda teach parenting classes instead of fix this team).