• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Attendence

Less than 12,000.

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • pyrrhonist
    • Sep 2003

Sad, sad. It seems to be plaguing the entire league.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Well, when you have 25 shutouts in the league (in the first 2 weeks) by 23 different goalies, then it equates into a lot of very boooooooring hockey.

I hope the Avs light it up this year- i miss the mid-1980's Edmontons and Calgarys scoring 5-6 goals a game.

Comment

• Ð
        1-800-SAD-GOAT
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
        Sad, sad. It seems to be plaguing the entire league.

How about Toronto 101.9 % sellouts, Minnesota 102.2 % sellouts so far at home this year ?

Even your partners in bankruptcy last year, Ottawa is at a 99.4 % home sellout rate, while the Sabres only mangage 81.8 %.

Biggest surprise so far: Chicago at 59.2 %

Visit ESPN for NHL live scores, video highlights and latest news. Stream exclusive ESPN+ games and play Fantasy Hockey.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð

Biggest surprise so far: Chicago at 59.2 %

You must not have seen the Blackhawks play yet. 10 Russian guys you have never heard of. It will take years to undo the Mike Smith damage.

Comment

• yledust
            Beerophile
            • Apr 2003

How do you average over 100%?

Comment

• Ð
              1-800-SAD-GOAT
              • Jul 2002

I think they factor in standing-room tickets, i.e. they have @ 50-60 of those available at the Air Canada Centre on gamedays, so they're literally packed to the rafters each game. I believe that the tix sold in the restauraunt that has a view of the ice at ACC can be variable, also.

Comment

• Myers57
                Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                • Sep 2003

Not to mention prices are not the greatest either, lower prices = more attendance...

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

The freakin Coyotes have a higher percentage of filled seats than we do, and they have like 80 degree whether year round. I thought the colder areas have more die-hard fans? My god, its a disgrace.
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• fushetti
                    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                    • Feb 2003

The sabres did pretty well on opening night. I think they sold out. The next game was a 4pm game on a holiday..not exactly a prime time for a game. And the last game was a Tuesday nighter vs a Western Conference team. Tonight will sell out because its against the Leafs

As a former season ticket holder of 5 years, this is the way it goes in the early part of the season. Teh sabres play second fiddle to the Bills no matter how much they suck. The real gauge on Sabres attendance comes in December-April.
                    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                      • Jul 2002

I remember hearing that Colorado had sold out the last 370 or so home games. Unbelievable.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• fushetti
                        President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                        I remember hearing that Colorado had sold out the last 370 or so home games. Unbelievable.
                        They have superstars...and they've won a few cups in the last 7 years..

If we had 8 superstars on our team, HSBC would be sold out as well.
                        "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
                        Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• SkateZilla
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                          The freakin Coyotes have a higher percentage of filled seats than we do, and they have like 80 degree whether year round. I thought the colder areas have more die-hard fans? My god, its a disgrace.
                          Cuz Wayne gretzky is there every Nite.
                          Skate Zilla
                          -----------------------
                          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ð Biggest surprise so far: Chicago at 59.2 %
                            [/url] [/B]
                            BlackHawks only have 5,000 or so season tickets. Which is horrible.

But they are on a huge post-cba plan. They only have $5 million locked up past this season in player payrole.
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                            X