PDA

View Full Version : Hey let's bring back the mullet man !!!

Bmax
10-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Yes doug flutie why not he is in great shape he can still win games in the nfl .. He has mobility and won't get sacked yeah that's the answer....... !!!!!!!

NOT !!!!!!!!!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE SOME FICKLE FANS WANT TO DUMP MALLOY FOR A FEW BAD PLAYS AND DREW FOR A FEW BAD
GAMES........

What a bunch of morons .....replace malloy with wire ?.... no not yet .....and who do we replace drew with ? van pelt......

we might need to draft a qb this year or look for a guy via free agency to bring but you just don't replace a 30,000 passer easily...

Tom brady and marc bulger are rare exceptions....Maybe we could find that guy but it will at least take two seasons..

We all agree that the bills are a poorly coached team...on both sides of the ball.. more on offense that def.

Our def is better but with out a rush are we really seeing the best from spikes and and posey........

according to some in the nfl the bills are using their personnel wrong on off- and def... I agree i mean putting sam gash in motion and spikes needs to blitz more.....

How about max protection with bledsoe instead of using a empty
backfield and five wide....

Any coach worth anything would know that the best way for the bills right now is to run the ball with henry .. use two te or the fb
to protect bledsoe and find a way to use brown's speed along with magahee 's when he is healthy ...

Bledsoe is a down field thrower so we will need to find a way to get another top flight wr in the draft with speed to help out .

My early pick is lee evans from wisconson 5-11 198- 4.3 -40... in round two if avavailable.

GO BILLS ....

BMAX

BADTHINGSMAN
10-29-2003, 12:52 AM
I havent seen much of Evans but the little Ive seen he looks really fast..

hurls
10-29-2003, 03:10 AM
I'd rather play Randy Fasani

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 08:11 AM
At the risk of sounding repetitive, it all starts UP FRONT!!

It would be nice to get a speed WR and all, but if Drew has NO time to look downfield, it's a waste of a pick.

We need to improve on both the offensive and defensive lines. Plain and simple. We should look to getting a dominant DT early on as well as a pass rusher (maybe in free agency; better chance of getting a pass rusher this way than a DT, I think). Once you address those two glaring needs, you then need to improve the interior of the offensive line (I'd go after a huge, powerful drive blocker at G first, probably in the draft, then a C-free agency unless there's a good one to be had in the draft with whatever pick is left). We also need to add another speed rusher, either at LB or DE, to use as a situational player (it would've been great to see us grab someone like Antwan Peek for that purpose in the '03 draft). I would also look for Ruben's replacement this year, but I know there are a lot of people who think he's still okay.

I believe that if you were able to upgrade the lines in this fashion, you could score and win with what you have already in the backfield.

justasportsfan
10-29-2003, 08:13 AM
On things for sure, Drew won't be looking over his shoulders :snicker:

WG
10-29-2003, 08:37 AM
Some good points max!!

I don't think anyone wants to cut Milloy. But fans are frustrated that he was signed since he's not playing up to his salary. We knew, or TD should have known, that Milloy was not the best cover S. Yet, they seem perplexed that he isn't.

The answer on Milloy was not to have signed him and used the money much earlier to buy some line talent on one of the lines. I'm a little perplexed at TD's "cap saving techniques." Seems like he's always looking for a deal.

The next time he sees Bellichick coming, he should just turn and run. Milloy is here for at least a couple of seasons. My problem w/ the Milloy signing is that it's a silent admission that his, TD's that would be, draft pick of Wire was not a good one. Otherwise why would he override his own pick and go for a position that's already filled. Sure Milloy is better...NOW! But how is Wire supposed to learn anything about playing S by playing STs?

TD's cut Wire off at the knees! Suppose TB did that w/ John Lynch, whom Wire reminds me of. Lynch played MUCH worse than Wire in not only his rookie season but in his first two or three seasons! I don't understand TD's logic there especially since as Rich says we are in such dire need of line starters, 4 to 6 of them, let alone the depth, that it's killing us.

Same w/ Sullivan! WHY TD? GW? Sullivan had a pretty nice sophmore season and then you cut him off at the knees too and decided to play a younger 7th rounder instead of the older 5th rounder who was projected as high as the 3rd by some analysts at the time. I was frankly quite shocked when he fell into our lap in the fifth. Either way, what TD/GW are saying is that their draft pick Sullivan was a bad one! That's the translation in all of that.

These guys have to let the players play for more than a half or single full season before they discard them. And ironically, if anyone should have been discarded after a single/half season it's a player like Denney whom they are both high on. Of course it's not the only thing TD and GW are high on. Apparently there's something else filtering thru the vents at OBD!

Glue perhaps!

This entire thing makes you wonder if these guys have ever watched any football let alone coached or managed it! It really is unbelieveable!

Just as Rich says and as a ton of fans realize, we have no lines!

HELLO, MCFLY!!!

Teague, especially next to PussyWillow, PussyWillow, Denney, Adams, ALL need to go and get replaced or we're never gonna apply any pressure or be able to block well enough to protect our QB whomever it is. That doesn't excuse Drew's poor decision making especially on the plays where he does have time or won't get rid of the ball ala RJ, but it's not good nonetheless! As well and ironically, some of Drew's worst INTs have been when he's had plenty of time!

I feel like we have a couple HS coaches and an inexperienced sucker for a GM who thinks that just b/c he steals other GMs/HCs plans, ideas, or players that he's somehow getting over on the entire league!

This schtick by TD has worn out it's welcome IMO. If the McGahee thing falls thru, I gotta tell ya, it's gonna get ugly in Buffalo!

askabry
10-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

TD's cut Wire off at the knees! ...

Tell me, do you ever LISTEN to the players, or just spout off crap endlessly???

The two safety positions for the Bills again and again have been said as interchangeable, not unlike the situation in NE. Given that, Coy's ability is what keeps him on the bench, not Tom Donahoe or even Lawyer Milloy.

Coy needs to beat out PP and IR. That's all. But his talent has only seen fit to get him on the field for around four plays a game. And you know why? Because he hasn't proven himself. PP has been able to break free on safety blitzes; Wire has tried time and again and hasn't.

Stop putting out that crap that Milloy's signing was detrimental to the development of Wire. Wire's ability is what's detrimental to Wire.

.... and oh ... by the way ... I work as a volunteer for the Coy Wire Foundation. Which I say for no other reason than to suggest impartiality in this instance.

Dozerdog
10-29-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by askabry

The two safety positions for the Bills again and again have been said as interchangeable, not unlike the situation in NE. Given that, Coy's ability is what keeps him on the bench, not Tom Donahoe or even Lawyer Milloy.

Coy needs to beat out PP and IR. That's all. But his talent has only seen fit to get him on the field for around four plays a game. And you know why? Because he hasn't proven himself. PP has been able to break free on safety blitzes; Wire has tried time and again and hasn't.

Stop putting out that crap that Milloy's signing was detrimental to the development of Wire. Wire's ability is what's detrimental to Wire.

.... and oh ... by the way ... I work as a volunteer for the Coy Wire Foundation. Which I say for no other reason than to suggest impartiality in this instance.

Great post!:up:

WG
10-29-2003, 08:53 AM
You're right about the LBs too max!

I'm not saying Posey and Fletcher are among the best at their positions in the league, but both would be incredibly better if GW wasn't trying to use them to make up for what Denney and Adams can't do while Williams and Schobel are constantly busting their arses and drawing DTs.

Posey has his weaknesses as does Fletcher. Fletcher can't cover worth a turd and Posey isn't the best v. the run although he hussles very well. If we had a solid DE in place of Denney, and no, Kelsay ain't that guy, and a real DT instead of Mr. Name Sam Adams, someone who can play a full 4 Qs w/o looking as if he had angina in the last Q and is simply running our the inertia in his body for the last Q, then maybe the LBs could do what they're supposed to do instead of trying to do the DLs job.

But once again, it goes back to a woeful DL. Which leaves TD and GW scratching their heads while we sit here and scream "It's the lines stupid...!"

As to Bledsoe, I've said it before and I'll say it again. We do NOT need to stretch the field. Our problems, the biggest ones, are NOT deep issues. They are 2nd and 3rd and short situations and red zone situtions. Having Price back, throwing 40-some times a game, going deep more often, is NOT going to correct that.

So we all need to forget the "deep game" thing. We've moved the ball just fine on numerous occasions this year but haven't been able to convert the short stuff which is what's killing us.

And here's the kicker and why Drew needs to go, b/c his short game is horrible. It's worse than average and Drew has to be one of the worst red zone QBs in the history of starters in the NFL who have started 10+ seasons. His entire dossier is built on yardage and attempts. Those thinking he's going to make the HoF are nuts. It'll never happen. QBs don't make it on junk like that. The second they look closely they'll nix any nominations he gets in seconds.

Drew needs to go post-haste. The problem is that just as w/ the lines, TD has made absolutely no provision for replacing Drew, whether in 2 or 3 seasons, or immediately.

You must also understand one thing about Drew. He has NEVER been pushed from the bottom for playing time as a starter. NEVER. The one time that it sorta happened was w/ the injury thing in NE and lo-and-behold Brady did what Drew could never do. Brown had the best year of his career, and considering that he came on board in NE the same year Drew did, that's pretty remarkable. Brady didn't make the bumbling errors that Drew has v. the better teams like clockwork over the years.

We should have taken a page from that. But heck, since TD can't figure out that it's the lines, how can we expect something like that! Anyway, Drew's never been pushed for replacement and that's in the wake of seasons like:

13/16
15/15
19/21
17/13
25/27

and starting his first three years being heralded for 53/58!

Meanwhile on the merits of two very good seasons, of 10, in NE, he's praised as being great. Go figure.

I can tell you this, what you're seeing this season more closely resembles Drew's play than the 2, maybe three if you count last year which I don't since 9 or 10 of his 24 TDs were against scrub teams, seasons that he's had otherwise.

If Drew were taking up only $2M in cap/salary, I'd say fine, let's keep him around, at least as a backup and to compete w/ whomever else we have. But at $6M it's a waste of money.

Dozerdog
10-29-2003, 08:54 AM
I don't understand why we have to "develop" projects insteasd of playing former pro-bowlers.

Obviously, Wys has a different opinion than the rest of the NFL- most teams would kill to get Milloy. We got lucky because of the timing on when he got cut.

Get rid of Grey's wishy washy 46 or whatever he calls it and Milloy will be much better!

askabry
10-29-2003, 08:57 AM

this was a great post. Nice response on the Wire thing.

WG
10-29-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by askabry

:rolleyes:

"And you know why? Because he hasn't proven himself. PP has been able to break free on safety blitzes; Wire has tried time and again and hasn't."

Check me if I'm wrong here ask! But wasn't Wire a rookie last season? And you want what, Pro Bowl numbers outta him?!

I'm not sure you actually read my post. It was stating that he's not gonna improve w/o playing time. Or do you think he'll improve playing Madden or Nintendo?

If every coach/GM took that philosphy they'd be starting 90% new FAs and rookies each year. Again, did you read anything that I wrote? Doesn't sound like it! John Lynch played like crap his first couple of seasons. Yet, here you are *****ing about Wire not having played well. He had almost a hundred tackles last year and 3 sacks in spite of not playing F/T!

"Stop putting out that crap that Milloy's signing was detrimental to the development of Wire. Wire's ability is what's detrimental to Wire.

.... and oh ... by the way ... I work as a volunteer for the Coy Wire Foundation. Which I say for no other reason than to suggest impartiality in this instance."

Do they have common sense classes at the CWF?

OK ask, you got me! I'll stop insisting that w/ Milloy on the roster Wire is unlikely to see much playing time as a starting S. Apparently you think Wire has a shot at playing FS, eh. B/c anyone w/ even the slightest inkling of common sense can tell that if Milloy's on the field as the starting SS, that Wire can't be.

Again, apparently you must think that the team has a video room where the players "can improve" or something. But here's a little tip that people who play sports, sports of any sort, cycling, soccer, football, b-ball, etc., etc., etc. have learned; ...

...Pssst!

...You have to play or participate to improve. Practicing covering kickoffs isn't going to help you improve your S play.

Just a tip ask! ;)

Then again, maybe I do just "spout off crap endlessly" and just don't realize how much the players can actually improve their on-field play via a Game Cube!

:rolleyes:

Dozer reminds me of that little dog in the cartoons that runs around saying "Hey Spike, can I be big and strong like you Spike, can I, huh, can I..."

LOL

:D

WG
10-29-2003, 09:07 AM
And by your infinite wisdom ask, how long would you say that Milloy will be w/ the team? Isn't there some merit in trying to develop someone else for our future?

Ahh, but I know future is anywhere but in some fans' minds, eh!

Milloy will be 30 this year and as most DBs do, they begin to slow slightly as they hit 30 or so and whether you prefer it or not, they enter the downside of their performance curves. So who knows how good Milloy will be in 2 years, but I'm not overly impressed, and I know I'm not the only one either based on some fan feedback, in Milloy's level of play.

But to insist that Milloy's being here somehow doesn't hurt Wire's opportunity for development, well, I'll let anyone w/ a grain of common sense determine the merits of your argument there. :)

Dozerdog
10-29-2003, 09:11 AM
Make your football points Wys-

Stop being the codiscending eleitist who thinks he knows football- no need to speak down to those who oppose some of your views.

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Stop being the codiscending eleitist who thinks he knows football- no need to speak down to those who oppose some of your views.

I think he receives about as much as he delivers, Dozer. Everyone should heed your words, not just Wys.

WG
10-29-2003, 09:28 AM
I don't understand why we have to "develop" projects insteasd of playing former pro-bowlers.

Obviously, Wys has a different opinion than the rest of the NFL- most teams would kill to get Milloy. We got lucky because of the timing on when he got cut.

Get rid of Grey's wishy washy 46 or whatever he calls it and Milloy will be much better!

I know ya don't Dozer, and all I can suggest is reading some of the other stuff that I post or write.

Nevertheless, for those who don't read MOs for one reason or another, Milloy is better than Wire! NOW!

But, we could have played Wire, and I'm sure he'd have been better than last year. But the problem is this, we spent a very good chunk of change on Milloy that could have been better spent, [CLUE] elsewhere!

We have incredible needs on the OL, DL, and at QB for the future whenever that "future" happens to be.

We have to look at the team as a system. It doesn't make sense to get Moss, Holmes, and Bulger at all costs while taking up half the cap and not having solid lines, and a solid D.

It's a zero-sum game. If you are not familiar with what a zero-sum game, do a search online and find out what it means, b/c it's absolutely critical to understanding how to build a winning team in the NFL today.

If we spend the kind of money we spent on Milloy, and the kind that makes cutting him extremely unlikely until say '06 or so, then it's that much less we have for an upgrade elsewhere.

Now, let's rate our play at certain positions:

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'll say Wire was a 4 last year. You can pick what you want. I see a 7 or 8 outta Milloy right now. Clearly he's not playing his best career ball. Which, quite frankly, raises another issue in "why not?" Is he on the downside already or what? Anyway, not the immediate point.

The point is that if we spend that kind of money to upgrade at S like that, we move from a 4 to an 8 say. Fine, an upgrade. BUT, when you look at the line play, D or O, Pucillo is a 1, 2 at best. Denney is a 0 or 1, Adams is a 2 or 3, Teague is what, 4?

For the same kind of money we could have moved to an 8 in any one of those positions. NOW, when you consider that second-year players, especially ones that played as well as Wire did in their rookie seasons, are almost w/o question going to improve, let's say that by the end of the season Wire may have been playing at a 6 level. The difference in our move is even less noticeable, IF, we had played Wire to get the experience.

Anyway, I think you get the point.

The points:

1. Yes, no argument, Milloy is better than Wire NOW.
2. Notwithstanding ask's silly argument, there is no way that Wire is gonna improve at S w/o playing it.
3. Wire would only be improving
4. It's unlikely, and Milloy's play supports it, that he's gonna get any better than he is and he's clealry not playing to the level he was in '01.
5. The bucks we just spent on Milloy, kill that amount that we could have spent elsewhere. There is absolutely no arguing that.

So it all boils down to:

Was that the best decision for the team as a whole?

I don't think it was w/ the most pressing needs, needs that most people on these boards are in agreement on, have not been met, and not been met in spades.

What will our DL look like next year? Williams another year older and more battered b/c he's taken the pressure of 2 or 3 DL-men! Schobel, an above average pass rusher, but not the best run stopping DE. And who? Kelsay? Make me laugh. Denney again? He clearly doesn't have the physical attributes to play in this league as a starter at DE. It has nothing to do w/ experience or coaching re: him. And what, Adams, Mr. Cardiac?

HOW are we gonna fix that w/ less cap money?

And we haven't even touched on the OL yet? Pucillo? You think he's gonna amount to much? A career backup maybe. Yeah, maybe he'll develop into a real starter, but it surely isn't gonna happen this or next season. Teague? I have a tough time imagining that he's gonna be resigned in two years if not cut entirely after this or next season. Brown? He may be good for another year or two of mediocre G play, but he can go anytime we have an upgrade too.

So with needs at say 6 line positions over the next couple of years, how on earth are we gonna fix all that with limited funds?

So, is Wire better than Milloy? No, absolutely not! BUT, and I assume you agree here, are we going to the SB this year? I don't think so. Next? Unlikely w/ the current state of our team which is now all but officially into yet another rebuilding mode b/c TD hasn't addressed the lines adequately enough. Just b/c we were fooled into thinking that he had, and trusted his and GW's assurances, doesn't mean much now.

Will Milloy be better than Wire in two seasons had Wire been playing S all this time? Who knows. But I would guess that he'd likkely be close since Milloy will be 32/33 and Wire would have continued to improve and be close to entering his prime.

So what happens now? Wire comes up for contract and says screw Buffalo, they're not winning and won't start me at S, I'll take this offer where I can start? Meanwhile, b/c of his name and things that he did for NE the fans continue to support an aging and increasingly ineffective Milloy and we suffer for it soon after this season.

Many of the people responding to many of these posts don't apparently think beyond the end of this season. It's crazy!

WG
10-29-2003, 09:29 AM

Ditto!

;)

Where's the deadhorse sign? :D

WG
10-29-2003, 09:30 AM
"Elitest" Dozer?

What position is that w/ the team?

Just curious!

:D

Originally posted by R. Rich
I think he receives about as much as he delivers, Dozer. Everyone should heed your words, not just Wys.

Thanks R!

WG
10-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Maybe Wire can be the "elitest"!

:lol:

Voltron
10-29-2003, 09:32 AM
Oh I thought you ment you wanted this guy back!

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4hzp4/mullet.jpg

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 09:34 AM
Yuck! That's gross, Voltron.

Voltron
10-29-2003, 09:36 AM
lol Rich!

Do "Little people" scare you :)

Valerie
10-29-2003, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't be sad to see Doug back on the Bills. :ontome:

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
lol Rich!

Do "Little people" scare you :)

Nah, not at all. Hey, we're all little to someone-even me. That guy (it is a guy, right?) just looks filthy.

Voltron
10-29-2003, 09:49 AM
lol Well I got it off of www.Ratemymullet.com so he is going to look dirty cause he has a mullet and put his own picture up to show every one! :)

askabry
10-29-2003, 10:07 AM
And by your infinite wisdom ask

Through all the crap you write, you never once refute my argument which is a direct response to you.

You state, here and in other threads, unequivocably that the presence Lawyer Milloy stunts the growth of Coy Wire.

The fact is you are wrong; you are wrong from the simple point that the functionality of the position of safety in OUR system means that Coy could play EITHER safety spot.

Go on and on, and take shots as you will. But you are wrong, and even Coy Wire says that is the truth. :hitself:

askabry
10-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Oh ... and just for common sense. Let's get this out again ... Wire doesn't have to beat out Milloy. He only has to beat out two players that are roundly dismissed as incapable around here.

And so far, he hasn't even been able to do that. Do you understand that "common sense"?

ArcticWildMan
10-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Hey Wys, can you keep your posts under 100 words? I see your 500 word "novels" and I just skip them. Make your point in a short concise matter please.

Dozerdog
10-29-2003, 11:11 AM
I think he just likes to hear himself type.:nerd2:

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Suddenly, I'm reminded of these words of widsom:

"attack the post, not the poster"......

SABURZFAN
10-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I wouldn't be sad to see Doug back on the Bills. :ontome:

that doesn't surprise me.:D

Ð
10-29-2003, 01:04 PM
The hell with wind, solar, cold fusion, etc.
The next big alternative energy source for the new millenium is to harness the power of Wys' keyboard.

He puts out enough keystrokes per post to power Cincinnati for a week.

How does he do it ? Volume, Volume, Volume! ;)

helmetguy
10-29-2003, 01:21 PM
I have to agree with Dozer on this one. I would be much more inclined to read and debate Wys' posts on their merits. Unfortunately, to counter his arguements with yours is to open yourself up to his derision. Personally, I would place more validity in his arguements if he would show at least a scintilla of objectivity. Without it, it all turns into volumes of idle rants.

As for what needs to happen to turn this thing around, we all have our ideas. But face it folks, we're here on our PCs arguing amongst ourselves, while others in much better positions, owe their livelihoods to the past, present, and future of the Bills.

I have been one of the most vocal in calling for the ouster of Gregg Williams; and as soon as possible. Most (if not all) of the Bills game day difficulties point to lack of preparation for the opponent and a lack of understanding BY THE PLAYERS of the schemes and systems of Williams and his chief assistants. Calling individual players on the carpet here on the boards, without addressing the strengths and weaknesses of the systems themselves is a disingenuous evaluation of the player himself. To make a fair and OBJECTIVE evaluation of the individual player, one would have to compare that player's performance against another's in the SAME CONDITIONS. To say that "X" would be better than Adams here, "Y" would be better than Malloy there, or "Z" would be better than Posey over her is pure speculation. From my reading, those who get paid to spend their days watching countless hours of football have reached the consensus opinion that Williams et al insist on instituting "the system" above everything else; irrespective of the strengths and weaknesses of the players. Coaches such as Parcells and Vermeil succeed because they recognize what they HAVE, not what they hope to change it into.

The_Philster
10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Coaches such as Parcells and Vermeil succeed because they recognize what they HAVE, not what they hope to change it into.

And that has been Williams' problem all along. The best coaches mold their systems around the players they have...rather than the other way around.

askabry
10-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Hey Wys, can you keep your posts under 100 words? I see your 500 word "novels" and I just skip them. Make your point in a short concise matter please.

I sense the advent of a 1000 word response...