Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsbabee

Players take blame for woes........

Sam Adams obviously hasn't picked up the newspaper, listened to the radio or spoken with any fans in recent weeks. It's his only defense for ignorance, but the burly defensive tackle swore he didn't know Buffalo Bills coach Gregg Williams had been placed on the hottest seat in town.
    "What, you want to fire the coach?" Adams said Tuesday. "We're 4-4. What do you all want? We can't win the Super Bowl this month. We were 4-4 last year before we went to the Super Bowl in Oakland. It's a long season. He's taking heat, but Gregg doesn't step foot on the field. It's the players. We're the ones that are going out there and not taking care of business."

• Billsbabee

I can appreciate what Sam is trying to do for his coach and his ability to take blame, but IMO the players are only partially responsible. I still say just as much lies with the coaching if they are not using these guys to the best of their abilities. And IMO, they are NOT!

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Billsbabee
      I can appreciate what Sam is trying to do for his coach and his ability to take blame, but IMO the players are only partially responsible. I still say just as much lies with the coaching if they are not using these guys to the best of their abilities. And IMO, they are NOT!
      Agreed GW was supposed to be this brilliant D minded coach well why aren't him, grey, and leabeu sitting down and coming up with a couple of new plays that way they aren't so predictable all the time.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Sam is going off his personal experience of last year in Oakland, where they were 0-4 in the month of October.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Re: Players take blame for woes........

Originally posted by Billsbabee
          . It's the players. We're the ones that are going out there and not taking care of business."

He said that! He's right. They are not going out there and taking care of business and he is one of the main ones not doing his job!

Comment

• Billsbabee

Speaking of the D, I don't see Nate Clements going for the INT's in the past few games like he did in the first 2. Why?? He seems to be playing way off his guys instead of on top of them like he was...or am I not seeing it and it is happening? I know he got a touch on one last week but it wasn't like he was trying, it just happened to fall that way so to speak. Also, Milloy doesn't appear to be being used to his abilities, why? There's plenty of film on him, especially against us where we could probably position him better too. I just don't get it...if you have game film of guys just standing around after plays and haven't done anything, how hard can it be to fiure out where they could/should have been to stop that play?? Am I oversimplifying this? Can it really be rocket science?

Comment

• ryven
              • Jan 2003

It seems like our whole secondary is playing off there man 10 yards. It seems like the team is going to the prevent defense.

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

I love that Sam Adams is saying this. While I believe Gilbride is a huge reason we're struggling offensively the players on both sides of the ball also have to do their job. He's not finger-pointing which I respect. Hopefully he's talking about himself since he's one of the guys not playing up to par. I know a lot of people don't like Adams but at least he's holding the players responsible and not blaming others.

Comment

• ryven
                  • Jan 2003

agreed

Comment

Working...
                  X