PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else find it amusing...

WG
10-29-2003, 08:24 AM
...that everyone at OBD seems so perplexed?

I'm partially pissed off and partially incredulous that they just can't figure out that the reason why the team is playing so poorly is due to the offensive line being CRAP between the Ts and b/c the DL doesn't have enough talent to get around a security guard at WalMart let alone opposing OLs.

I mean what is so difficult to see there!?!

Is Tom Donahoe really that thick or is the FO once again playing some sort of game here?

Unbelieveable!

Obviously there are coaching issues and issues w/ the QB play, but daggone it, if Donahoe can't see that the lines, BOTH of them, just don't have the talent to take it to the next level, then he simply shouldn't be the GM!

I'm sure he's guarding that public assessment b/c it's almost entirely his fault that we don't have it. Either way, I'm really starting to question "his geniusness!"

:rolleyes:

stuckincincy
10-29-2003, 08:36 AM
What's OBD? :idunno:

NC-BILLS44
10-29-2003, 08:37 AM
One Bills Drive

IHateTheDullphins
10-29-2003, 08:38 AM
The worst thing possible is happening. NOTHING. they aren't going to do a g#%@damn thing. One Bills Drive.

Novacane
10-29-2003, 08:39 AM
You're right about the lines. they are baaaaad.
other than Pat and Shoebel they could replace every DL we have next year and I would not have a problem with it.

On the OL......Teague should be a backup, Puccillo should MAYBE be a backup, Ruben gets his penalties and is overated but I think he is a good lineman still.
Williams is horrible at pass blocking. I hope he is not gonna be a bust. Jennings I like.

One of the things that irks me about GW is he will never make a change for poor performance.

Price has played well when he has gotten a chance. He should be given more playing time to see if he is capable of starting lone term.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2003, 08:49 AM
It's good to know that there are a few of us here who have figured out that TD is not really a genius.

Voltron
10-29-2003, 08:50 AM
I agree why isn't Price playing more. If he can play RT why can't he play RG?

Voltron
10-29-2003, 09:00 AM
TD may not be a genius but he is a lot better at managing the cap than the last guy we had (god rest his soul). He has brought good talent to the team and they have not shown up yet. How can he be blamed for the play of the players??? I think that too many think the Sky is falling over Buffalo. We are 4-4. It is the end of October. Let them play the damn games before we write a loss in the column. I expect Wys to be a bit pessimistic because I have just always known him to be that way here but too many are just committing Hairy Carrie (sp) when we have another half of football to play. I am not happy with the out come. I am contemplating not going to one of the games I paid for and giving the tickets to a friend because I am so disgusted, but the constant calls of EVERY ONE ON THE TEAM SUCKS are getting old. I am not telling you to jump on a bandwagon and yell at the top of your lungs for your love for the coaching staff or any one else. I am just asking that you give the team a chance to play the games before we write this entire season off.

Billsbabee
10-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Amused only b/c it does me no good to be pissed and frustrated all the time over stuff I have no control over. Do they even pay attention to the game films after the games and try to make some changes or are they just rolling thru their routine like I do at work each day? :D

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
One of the things that irks me about GW is he will never make a change for poor performance.

Totally agree FTG.

justasportsfan
10-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Just curious, how do you know what's going on at OBD?
1-900-mis-cleo

Patrick76777
10-29-2003, 09:22 AM
I don't think that's the problem. I'll give you the DE's! That's a problem I knew we had from the start!

Our problem on O is gameplanning and play calling. It's been piss poor! Travis was running all over the place last week, But we wouldn't stick with him. Or go to him early for that matter!

but You have all the answers! Too bad, we'd have Travis Brown and Shawn Bryson if you were calling the shots!

WG
10-29-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
TD may not be a genius but he is a lot better at managing the cap than the last guy we had (god rest his soul). He has brought good talent to the team and they have not shown up yet. How can he be blamed for the play of the players??? I think that too many think the Sky is falling over Buffalo. We are 4-4. It is the end of October. Let them play the damn games before we write a loss in the column. I expect Wys to be a bit pessimistic because I have just always known him to be that way here but too many are just committing Hairy Carrie (sp) when we have another half of football to play. I am not happy with the out come. I am contemplating not going to one of the games I paid for and giving the tickets to a friend because I am so disgusted, but the constant calls of EVERY ONE ON THE TEAM SUCKS are getting old. I am not telling you to jump on a bandwagon and yell at the top of your lungs for your love for the coaching staff or any one else. I am just asking that you give the team a chance to play the games before we write this entire season off.

Maybe Voltron. But how many games are we gonna win w/ the O scoring 0, 3, 7 points?

Voltron
10-29-2003, 09:38 AM
Wys,

How many people will get fired or cut because we ***** about it endlessly?

stuckincincy
10-29-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

1-900-mis-cleo

:D :D :D :up: :rofl:

Allllll I am sayyyying , is give voodoo a chance.

LtBillsFan66
10-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I don't think that's the problem. I'll give you the DE's! That's a problem I knew we had from the start!

Our problem on O is gameplanning and play calling. It's been piss poor! Travis was running all over the place last week, But we wouldn't stick with him. Or go to him early for that matter!

but You have all the answers! Too bad, we'd have Travis Brown and Shawn Bryson if you were calling the shots!

Brilliant post!

TedMock
10-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Maybe Voltron. But how many games are we gonna win w/ the O scoring 0, 3, 7 points?

There's the biggest problem....points. I know everybody's down on coach Moobs but his boy KG deserves sooo much more blame. Moobies' biggest fault is allowing it. He needs to put his foot down and stop it. Obviously, he's a good defensive coach with a fairly successful track record. BUT, head coaches require different skills than coordinators. He needs to become a head coach this week and just tell KG "enough is enough, fix it or lose your job..period." He should tell him that unless he fixes his play calling we're bringing Buddy Ryan in as a "consultant". We should all just post signs all over OBD that read "REMEMBER BUDDY". That should scare him a little. I think the players still like Moobs but are seriously questioning KG. That's at least what I'm getting from my distant point of view.

helmetguy
10-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Sorry, folks, but this one falls back to the coaching staff. That is, GW decides who plays and who doesn't. TD can go out and get the players, and he's been doing a decent job of it in the three years he's been here. I'm sure, also, that he does listen to GW as to what types of players he's looking for at each position. He's given the coaching staff the tools, at least a good share of them, but can you fault TD if GW attempts to drill a hole with a pipe wrench? Now THAT is what is really funny, Wys!

Mad Bomber
10-29-2003, 08:48 PM
This could all be solved if GW would just pull a Buddy Ryan and punch KG's lights out... lol

Bufftp
10-29-2003, 09:32 PM
TD hired KB, not GW making it more difficult for GW to control KB. The onus falls on TD imho.

WG
10-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Absolutely it does. I'm not even sure that GW has the levity to fire Gilbride. Obviously he didn't have the levity to hire his own OC, which is probably a good thing, but then that's like having to choose from the cigarette butts and the used coffee grounds when scrounging for food given Gilbride's skills and mental awareness.

TD's playing a dangerous game here...

Voltron,

I really think you underestimate the input that the fans have. Clearly they brought Drew here to sell tickets, not win games. The fans bought into many things. If the fans say things, believe me, they listen. With the internet the way it is, it's probably the best source for getting group opinions.

Make no mistake, I guarantee you that someone is keeping tabs on MB traffic and the pulse of the fans thru that. I'm sure they take stuff back there. I can tell you this, if we don't address our lines this offseason to my satisfaction, not TD's or someone in the FO's assurances that we'll be fine w/ Tucker or Tucker-like players and 5th, 6th, and 7th round draft picks starting for the first time in the NFL, I'm simply not buying any seasons next year. Plain and simple. I'll gladly buy to support the team if it's at least headed in the right direction. But so far it's been TD's follies! He doesn't draft according to our real needs, he thinks he's at the Bargain Bonanza when dealing in the FA market, he overrates everything that he does, or at least the FO does.

I honestly think we could take a third of the fans, make the moves that they dictate, and we'd be better off from a staffing perspective. Really and truly!

hurls
10-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
...that everyone at OBD seems so perplexed?

I'm partially pissed off and partially incredulous that they just can't figure out that the reason why the team is playing so poorly is due to the offensive line being CRAP between the Ts and b/c the DL doesn't have enough talent to get around a security guard at WalMart let alone opposing OLs.

I mean what is so difficult to see there!?!

Is Tom Donahoe really that thick or is the FO once again playing some sort of game here?

Unbelieveable!

Obviously there are coaching issues and issues w/ the QB play, but daggone it, if Donahoe can't see that the lines, BOTH of them, just don't have the talent to take it to the next level, then he simply shouldn't be the GM!

I'm sure he's guarding that public assessment b/c it's almost entirely his fault that we don't have it. Either way, I'm really starting to question "his geniusness!"

:rolleyes:

"Save your postage". Lol. I wonder what Ralph thinks

THATHURMANATOR
01-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Bump