PDA

View Full Version : Fix the OL and DL and you fix this team

Throne Logic
10-29-2003, 10:13 AM
On Offense, I would move Jennings to Center, put Price in at LT, and bring Sullivan back at RG. The next step is to find a coach who can develop effective blocking schemes and who can make adjustments during the game. Unfortunately, this is not an overnight type of change. It's not even an over-byeweek type of change. It takes time to make a huge change to the line. However, what do they have to loose?

On Defense, I would consider moving to the 3-4. Use Adams to spell Pat. Use Posey and Spikes as the outside 'backers and Fletcher as one of the two middle 'backers. The question here is who plays the other middle spot. I'm going to say that it doesn't really matter. Whomever it is, wouldn't create such a void that the defense would be worse than they are right now. Maybe even try Kelsay as LB. He has speed. Anyway, the 3-4 would allow decrease the amount of DLs on the field. I believe our LB corp is fairly strong and would benefit from a larger roll (the focus) in the defense. Right now, they are spending too much energy making up for the deficiencies of our DL.

Once the OL is fixed, you would find that Bledsoe has time to throw to receivers who have time to run their routes. Amazing what happens when there they have 3-4 seconds to complete their assigned tasks.

Once the Defense is switched, well, that's still a question. As always, the idea is to get quicker pressure on the QB. Then need to cut down the opposing QB's time to throw and their WR's time to complete their routes (less then 3 seconds, say). I'm fairly certain you would find that Buffalo's DBs are pretty good in coverage when they don't have to stick to WRs for 4-5 seconds each and every play.

As I stated, this isn't likely going to happen with the current coaching staff.

TedMock
10-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Theoretically you make sense with the OL but didn't JJ have problems reading the defense last season when they tried him there? The center has to call the OL audibles so that would be my biggest concern. I'm not disagreeing with you as far as talent wise it'd be a better OL. Defensively the biggest problem is DE's. I don't know if any formation could help them. They're both small so I think they'd get man handled further inside.

Dozerdog
10-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Even with a great OL, ya need a decent coach tyhat knows how to use it

zone
10-29-2003, 11:14 AM
I agree 100% the OL and the DL are definitly the problems. The OL gives no time to devolop plays, and the D line creates 0 pressure for the deffensive to make any plays.

zone
10-29-2003, 11:17 AM
The problem I have is how they let the O line get to the point were they are at when 1 year ago they were no where neer as bad, and the #'s prove it!

Jeff1220
10-29-2003, 11:25 AM
What about moving Price in at G, in place of Puccillo. I know that it's a totally different position, but he's been solid on the line when he's played. It would be a way to maximize the talent on the field.

stuckincincy
10-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Even with a great OL, ya need a decent coach tyhat knows how to use it

Absolutely. Let me first say I'm as surprised about the B'gals as anyone.

Lewis juggled their OL after their opening loss to Denver and during their game 2 loss to Oakland. Settled on what worked, then, and went 3 -2 since.

What a simple thing, appearently beyond comprehension to the bills STAPH!

zone
10-29-2003, 11:48 AM
Puccillo does not cut it as a gaurd in the NFL! how hard is that to see on film?

BillsNick
10-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Puccillo must be benched. Someone must relieve Kevin Dooshbride of his playcalling responsabilities. We need a badass DE. I think those things would be a realistic elixur.

BillsNick
10-29-2003, 11:50 AM
Whatup Big Matt-dawg in the Heezy!!

zone
10-29-2003, 11:54 AM
for rizzle dizzle billznickzel.

BillsNick
10-29-2003, 11:55 AM
:lol: