PDA

View Full Version : Changes I'd Make If I Were The GM

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm thinking about the offseason here. That doesen't mean that I've given up on this year, but since we're past the trade deadline, we're just going to have to hope our guys give a better effort until the offseason.

Here's what I'd try to do:

1. Sign a big time pass rusher at RDE in free agency.

2. Sign a top notch center in free agency.

3. Use our #1 pick in the draft to get the best DT available, which I hope is the best DT overall.

4. Use our #2 pick in the draft to get the best OG available, which again I would hope is the best overall or at least one of the top 5 available.

5. Use our #3 pick in the draft to select a QB (if there's any good choices left to groom for the future) or another big OG who can push, or even replace, Ruben Brown.

Those are the major moves I'd try to get done first. If I succeed, the Bills would address major weaknesses up front and give Bledsoe better protection and Henry better blocking up front. It should also give the defense a tougher run defense and more pressure off the edge.

Any thoughts? Anything you'd do different if you had the chance?

lordofgun
10-29-2003, 02:54 PM
6. Revoke the season tickets from the drunks in row 6. :D

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
6. Revoke the season tickets from the drunks in row 6. :D

Hahaha!!! Not one of my greatest moments, that's for sure. Those guys were so close to being revoked by me, let alone the ticket office!

Pride
10-29-2003, 03:01 PM
in my opinion... after a completely new coaching staff of course, is to spend all 7+ picks on linemen.

Miami_Vice
10-29-2003, 03:17 PM
your assesments are way too broad.
Sign a top notch center and defensive end?! Wow, genius, did you come up with that all by yourself? LOL

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Miami_Vice
your assesments are way too broad.
Sign a top notch center and defensive end?! Wow, genius, did you come up with that all by yourself? LOL

I would think you could understand by the post that I would attempt to get the absolute best players at those positions that were available to me.

By the way, stop picking on me! I'm very fragile and can't handle your superior wit. I'm asking you nicely, because I wouldn't want you to get angry and beat me up or anything like that. I'm sorry.

helmetguy
10-29-2003, 05:47 PM
I'll help ya out, Rich!

Brian Griese Rulz
10-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Don't forget about trading Henry for draft picks.

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
I'll help ya out, Rich!

Thanks, helmet. This Miami Vice person seems tough; I have a feeling I'll need you.

mchurchfie
10-29-2003, 06:43 PM
:lol:

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Don't forget about trading Henry for draft picks.

Trade Henry away and keep Willis McGahee? Hmm. I don't know if I'd want to do that without seeing Willis in action. Maybe after seeing if he's returned to form, then I'd think about that one.

helmetguy
10-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
Thanks, helmet. This Miami Vice person seems tough; I have a feeling I'll need you.

No prob, Rich. I'm a Dago. I can make a couple of calls...

Ya know?

shelby
10-29-2003, 07:35 PM
Henry should stay!
:cynic:

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
No prob, Rich. I'm a Dago. I can make a couple of calls...

Ya know?

Thanks. Now I feel safe.

R. Rich
10-29-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Henry should stay!
:cynic:

Hey shelby! You a Travis fan?

XNOUGHT
10-29-2003, 10:39 PM
:whisper:

WG
10-29-2003, 10:49 PM
I'd put pictures of Gilbride in the bottom of all the urinals in RWS during the bye week!

WG
10-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Maybe as part of the NFL experience they can put a dummy of Gilbride in the area there and allow fans to don a Buddy Ryan mask and take a slug at him!

hurls
10-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Maybe as part of the NFL experience they can put a dummy of Gilbride in the area there and allow fans to don a Buddy Ryan mask and take a slug at him!

That's great! And I would do what I could to land a rusher like Kearse

R. Rich
10-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by slruh
That's great! And I would do what I could to land a rusher like Kearse

Yep. That was my FIRST priority. If we can get one of the best DEs available in free agency, that clears the way for us to use our top draft pick on the best DT available.

hurls
10-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich

Yep. That was my FIRST priority. If we can get one of the best DEs available in free agency, that clears the way for us to use our top draft pick on the best DT available.

Ya, I saw. I was in such agreement, I didn't even read the rest. lol. they're all good points

ryven
10-30-2003, 08:22 AM
I think my first priority would be get rid of GW,KG,and JG and hire an new staff I dont know who because I dont know who's avilible.

Then I would go with a Defensive Linemen with pick one Probably a DE since it looks like edwards might actually pan out.

Pick 2:definitley a OG

Pick 3:a QB

pick 4:a OL

pick 5:a safety

pick 6:a DL

pick 7:a DL

and I think we have a conditional pick comming up this year as well and if it a 4th rounder pick up a safety and then in rd 5 get a TE I guess but most of my picks would be on linemen.

ryven
10-30-2003, 08:25 AM
oh and I would prbably sign a stud free agent OG he doesnt have to be a star player but he should be able to do his job effectively.

ryven
10-30-2003, 08:27 AM
come to think about it pick 5 thru 7 would be best avialible.