PDA

View Full Version : Raiders are next...

German
09-30-2002, 02:15 AM
What does everybody think about next weeks matchup?

I think if the coaches work on avoiding the dumb penalties
the Bills should have a decent chance to win.

It's going to be another close one and Drew better stays away from Rod Woodson (sp?)

My tip: 31-28 Bills

northernbillfan
09-30-2002, 02:59 AM
This will be a huge turning point of our season, if we can squeek out a win. The Raiders are tough all over, look at what they did to Tennessee today.

We showed tremendous improvement in our run defense and special teams.

We do need to chill out on the pass coverage and get Watson to stop touching the receivers.

I think we can pull out a huge upset, but I'm not counting on it.

The_Philster
09-30-2002, 03:06 AM
This could be our toughest game so far.

northernbillfan
09-30-2002, 03:31 AM
I almost agree with you Phil, but I thought our toughest game so far was the Bronco's, and look how we did against them.

Before today the Raiders opponents were a combined 0-8. Our opponents are a combined 6-4.

German
09-30-2002, 04:17 AM
I think this game will be a good indicator of how the rest of the season will go for the Bills.
If they can win, the sky is the limit (I sure didn't predict them to be 3-2 after 5 games). That should give them good momentum going into Houston and Miami.
Can you imagine the Bills going into Miami 4-2? That would be awesome.
The key IMO is penalties.

shelby
09-30-2002, 04:43 AM
the Raiders have a great offense...our D will really need to step it up. i agree about the penalties...9 too many vs. the Bears.
This will be a tough game.

WG
09-30-2002, 06:05 AM
Woodson's injured and won't be playing.

Their D won't be any tougher than the Broncos for us, probably not even that tough.

It's their O and stupid turnovers leading to scores that will kill us. Or if our STs lapses. But we'll score plenty in that game too. Should be a good one.

German, I totally agree w/ you. It'd be a real coup on the season to head into Miami at 4-2.

Buffarama
09-30-2002, 06:44 AM
The Raiders love to get walloped in Buffalo. They're due for a flat game too.

mybills
09-30-2002, 09:16 AM
:rock:

Hasn't anybody noticed that our D is usually no where near the receivers? They haven't been covering the pass at all IMO. They have been doing a good job stopping the run, but c'mon now..
Gannon likes to throw!

Oak 35

Bills 28

Then again, this could change if they work real hard on it in practice this week!

Novacane
09-30-2002, 09:20 AM
Should be a bigtime shootout. The D is going to have to cause some turnovers and TH is going to have to hold onto the ball. If those 2 things happen Bills will win 38-31

Patrick76777
09-30-2002, 09:25 AM
One thing that I always look for is West Coast teams flying all the way to the East Coast for games. They always have trouble…..The Raiders are coming off a big win and it’s tough to win 4 in a row. If we do lose, it won’t be by much, I’m looking for a nice Bills victory.

Voltron
09-30-2002, 09:27 AM
I predict overtime :). Hay we are 3 for 4 the odds are in my favor

JayWood
09-30-2002, 09:54 AM
All I can say is BOMBS AWAY!!!! this game is going to look like a war zone with the air attack that will take place between both the bills and raiders

WCoastFin
09-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Damn, This is one of the toughest games for me to analyze....Its a lose-lose sitaution for me....

lordofgun
09-30-2002, 01:59 PM
If we win this game, we have a shot at the playoffs. We'll also be tied with the Fins for 2nd place since they are going down hard to the Pats on Sunday.

WCoastFin
09-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
If we win this game, we have a shot at the playoffs. We'll also be tied with the Fins for 2nd place since they are going down hard to the Pats on Sunday.

"If"

lordofgun
09-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Well, either way, you're losing to the pats.

WCoastFin
09-30-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Well, either way, you're losing to the pats.

Is there anyway we can bet zonebucks!????:D

The_Philster
09-30-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
I predict overtime :). Hay we are 3 for 4 the odds are in my favor

Stop saying that!! I want one game where we can blow them out by halftime and relax in the second half.....like we did in 1998. :D

Bruce is Loose
09-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Even in the fins win then we are tied with the pats secoind if we also win

TigerJ
09-30-2002, 07:35 PM
We should blow out the Texans, Philster, if we don't let down. I think the Raider's game is winnable, but a lot of things have to go right for it to happen. For that reason I'm not really expecting it. If it happens (yes, WCF, I know it's "if") then yes we have reasons to start thinking playoffs, something I have not been anticipating. It would be huge.

RedEyE
09-30-2002, 07:50 PM
My opinion; Buffalo will have a difficult time stopping Oakland on Sunday. The Raiders have powerful, seasoned offensive weapons. Garner continously plows ahead in their running game, and Gannon and his receivers are deadly downfield. Let's face it, the Bears were banged up on Sunday and still nearly walked away with the win. The Buffalo secondary has had difficulty keeping up, and the Bills DL has yet to step up and have a solid run stopping game. The Raiders are coming into this game healthy and carrying the ultimate advantage ~ their defense. Unfortunately ~ Raiders: 33 / Bills: 21.

It's still a rebuilding year.

helmetguy
10-01-2002, 11:23 PM
Oakland may be 3-0, but they really haven't knocked down any neighborhood bullies yet. At this early point in the season, you can pretty much tell that Pittsburgh and Tennessee were picked to finish high on reputation alone; particularly the Steelers. I mean, c'mon-Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox and Charlie Batch? Geez! You couldn't get a competent QB out of the three of them combined! As for the Game this Sunday: We have the potential. I just want to see if Coach "Tennessee" Williams really does know what discipline is, and share it with the team. TOO MANY DAMNED FLAGS!!!!!

Buffarama
10-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Oakland is a fluke. 26-17 Buffalo.

justasportsfan
10-01-2002, 11:47 PM
It'll be a shootout !Bledsoe-Gannon. Whoever controls the running game and is able to keep the other offense off the field will win. I know it sounds like a cliche' but both teams can't score when their offense if off the field.

I have a feeling the raiders power rankings will drop.

BlackJohn
10-02-2002, 12:05 AM
The key to the game is our secondary .... i can see it now! Gannon picking on watson and bostic with 3 and 5 wr sets, so i think we need some pressure to force some picks.

Oh and it'll be close so we need the defense to get the ball in Drews hands with the game on the line.

lordofgun
10-02-2002, 12:12 AM
I agree BlackJohn. I'd like to see at least 1 INT this year. :shakeno: