PDA

View Full Version : I still think that Marv Levy is not an impossibility

mchurchfie
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't think that it would be as hard to lure him out of retirement as some people think...don't forget, Ralph Wilson said he had a job as long as he wanted one, I am sure he longs for those days now. Some people say that he is too old, but I would rather have too old than too stupid like our current Head Coach..besides, look at what Dick Vermeil is doing and he's so old that he has to pay upfront for a "three minute egg." Marv is a great delegator so he would mesh fine with the current staff until he got a new one in place next year. He's a player's coach, he knows how to push the right buttons and make them feel good about themselves. The average I.Q. of the coaching staff would leap by 50 points just with having him aboard. Last but not least he would bring in his "run and stop the run" and "don't play dumb, don't play dirty" mindset back to the team. Maybe he could can Gilbride and coax Ted Marchibroda back as our OC. Teddy worked wonders with a QB that had one of the biggest egos in the NFL in Jim Kelly..I am sure he could help Bledsoe. Some of you may say it is crazy but I don't think it is that farfetched. I miss Marv's witty interviews unlike some of the dumb predictable ***** we have to listen to coming out of GW's mouth.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Marv Levy was a product of his players and his coaching staff. I don't think Marv is the right choice for this team.

Jan Reimers
10-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Marv is a fine man, a great coach, and a credit to the game. I think he would come back in a heartbeat, and we would be the better for it.

mchurchfie
10-29-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Marv Levy was a product of his players and his coaching staff. I don't think Marv is the right choice for this team.

I respectfully disagree..granted he had a lot of talent to work with but they weren't doing diddly until he harnessed all of those egoes and got them to work together. Marv would be a HUGE improvement over what we have now. We have a similar situation, though not quite as much talent. I guarantee that the ticket sales would increase because of his popularity with the fans.

Skatt8011
10-29-2003, 04:30 PM
Marv said he would come back one day, and you know he would do anything to come back to his old team, and win a superbowl (we are a superbowl caliber team if put into the right hands)

So how much do you think Marv wants to come back, and have a chance at a superbowl he so desperately desires in the pit of his heart.

RedEyE
10-29-2003, 04:42 PM
I would think that if GW were to be fired, it would have happened by now.

The Bills front office would want to get all the negativity out of the way in order for the team to focus on the upcomig game.

mchurchfie
10-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
I would think that if GW were to be fired, it would have happened by now.

The Bills front office would want to get all the negativity out of the way in order for the team to focus on the upcomig game.

I would have to agree with you there Red...if I they were going to do it they would have done it by now. Unfortunately, I think they we are stuck with "Manboobs" for the rest of the year unless things get waaaay out of hand.:wail:

justasportsfan
10-29-2003, 06:15 PM
Marv got his team to come and play every week. WE know what this team can do when they are focused.

Billzz
10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Marv got his team to come and play for one superbowl. The rest where blow outs.

mchurchfie
10-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Billzz

He coached the second most winningnest team of the "90's" next to San Francisco. Maybe he didn't fare very well in the SBs but at least he made them and it was a testament to his coaching with how he got his team up and ready to get back to them year after year without giving up. It was a hell of a lot better than what we have now.:rolleyes:

Billzz
10-29-2003, 07:23 PM
True but do people define the early 90's bills as a powerhouse AFC team or the guys that lost 4 superbowls?

Either way I am living for the future and the past means little to none right now except since GW took over.

SABURZFAN
10-29-2003, 07:52 PM
i'd like marv to come back too but i seriously doubt it will happen.

The_Philster
10-30-2003, 02:59 AM
True but do people define the early 90's bills as a powerhouse AFC team or the guys that lost 4 superbowls?

Either way I am living for the future and the past means little to none right now except since GW took over.

Only a fool who had no clue about the NFL would think they were anything less than a powerhouse. They finished 2nd 4 years in a row. No one else has ever had that average finish over that period of time.

hurls
10-30-2003, 04:31 AM
With 2 good coordinators, Marv would be great, to finish the year. The OC and DC are what are killing us, and GW is who brought them here, so if one goes, they all go. Bring in Marv to coach, with Steckel and LeBeau. Form a good offensive strategy, then LeBeau can be passed the reins. Marv really isn't necessary, but if he is brought in, it shouldn't be longterm

justasportsfan
10-30-2003, 07:33 AM

My point is, you gotta get your team to come out and play during regular season games before you even start thinking about coming out to play for the sb. :rolleyes:

GW doesn't even get this team ready unless the game is at home against a weaker team. This team rollsover against better teams and road games.

mchurchfie
10-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
My point is, you gotta get your team to come out and play during regular season games before you even start thinking about coming out to play for the sb. :rolleyes:

GW doesn't even get this team ready unless the game is at home against a weaker team. This team rollsover against better teams and road games.

That's what I'm talking about, lets get to the SB.....or EVEN the playoffs before we worry about getting blown out again.