• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Willis is Coming.........

Willis is coming.........

The Buffalo Bills are leaning toward activating running back Willis McGahee next week even if the first-round draft pick is not immediately ready to play.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

"We probably would be leaning that way," Donahoe said. "We can activate him, but it doesn't mean he has to dress. The thing that you probably do not want to do with Willis is put him back on IR because then he can't practice."

He won't play for several weeks. Until the Bills are certain he is 100% healthy

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

While this is good news, two comments:

1. Henry's gotten back on track since the injury so I don't think the running game is the problem anymore
      2. You can have a gorilla as your running back but it won't matter if the coaches call passing plays 2 downs in a row on the goal line.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Billzz
        • Sep 2003

Worst thing they can do is risk injury to McGahee. Let him heal. You can pretty much determine his abilities in practice. Don't abuse his knee with full contact shots and give it time to totally heal.

Sign T-Hen to a 1 year extension and use the 2 back set next year in a win win situation for the starting position. Nothing like a good healthy competition to bring out the best in people.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Henry is doing fine and has proven to be able to be a 100 ypg rb when the bills decide to run him. Let WM heal properly. Henry is not the problem, coaches and OL are.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

That piece certainly doesn't exactly scream out that everything's fine. Sounds like they're hedging big time! Even if he comes back, I don't think it's gonna do much for us since Drew would be playing the same and since we have no line.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Can you say ANYTHING about the team without dragging Drew into it??

Comment

• Billzz
                • Sep 2003

Kinda hard not to since he is the center of the offense.

Defense on the other hand you can't hold Bledsoe responsible for.

Look at atlanta without Mike Vick and tell me the QB dosen't matter.

Disclaimer: Please do not take this as defending Wys:) He is a man on a island all alone.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                  WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                  • Mar 2003

Henry is already signed for next year. The Bills have had absolutely no production from their #2 RB this year, since Morris was hurt and they don't give him the ball anyways.

Why shouldn't Willis play ASAP?

"Oh, he might get hurt if you rush him back."

That's dumb. What will you say if he doesn't play this year but he gets hurt in Training Camp next year? That it was a good thing we didn't "rush him back"

Injuries can happen at any time. He is no more likely to get injured this season then if the Bills hold him out until next season.
                  Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

TD always hedges. It's the nature of the beast. He's also pathologically noncommital. I won't read much of anything into this positive or negative. I'm probably on the other side of the fence from Wys Guy, since I'm basically an optimist. Wys Guy, no doubt, would describe himself as a realist, but we all know that's colored with strong overtones of skepticism. No offence Wys Guy. We're not far appart on this issue. I'm optimistic that McGahee will play some this year and eventually justify his first round status. If I read Wys right, he remains skeptical that will ever happen, but for the time being whether TD is hedging because he shares Wys' skepticism and doesn't want to show his hand or he's just being his usual hypercautious self, he's not going to volunteer anything specific until after the fact.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Billzz
                      • Sep 2003

Isn't being president of a NFL team also include letting the clients aka the fans know which direction the team can take in the future? I would like to know what he thinks personally about McGahee and do they want to see what he has at 93%-94% or do they feel confident that his performance will be there next year.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                        Can you say ANYTHING about the team without dragging Drew into it??
                        Funny, I remember asking the same thing last year when Drew was given all the credit for winning b/c he was our "leader."

Guess he's no longer our leader, eh? indeed!

And when he's one of the biggest three issues, no, it makes it very difficult when mentioning the poor play and positioning of the team right now.

Why, gettin' your Drew-aroos all in a wad?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
                          Kinda hard not to since he is the center of the offense.

Defense on the other hand you can't hold Bledsoe responsible for.

Look at atlanta without Mike Vick and tell me the QB dosen't matter.

Disclaimer: Please do not take this as defending Wys:) He is a man on a island all alone.
                          All alone?

Where have you been...? :)

The D has been playing well enough to get us to 6-2! They played well enough v. Philly, the Skins, Cincy, Miami, and in the first two games. The D still has it's issues such as no pressure on opposing QBs, but at last check, we're still allowing only 18.5 PPG on average from all sources including what the O sets opponents up for. That's good enough to have a winning record easily if the O was doing anything at all. That's why I and many people are not harder on the defensive coaching. The D is still a DE and DT away from being a top 5 D IMO. Unfortunately it's the exact same DE and DT that we were shy at the end of last season.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            No offence Wys Guy. We're not far appart on this issue. I'm optimistic that McGahee will play some this year and eventually justify his first round status. If I read Wys right, he remains skeptical that will ever happen, ...
                            No offense taken. Nicely summed up!!

Consider this, it's the exact same skepticism that I had over Jones and his injury while we were all, I v. everyone, having this exact same argument.

IMO the McGahee pick was dumb for two reasons which when combined make it stupid. First, he was extremely risky. That may have been fine given that he had slipped from his original draft position speculation considerably. Second, he won't be contributing until next year. Even if he does become the next Payton this year, it'll be a day late and a dollar short.

But given that he won't contribute this season significantly and he's an extremely high risk due to the injuries he's sustained one knee injury in each of his last three seasons played, to have wasted our precious first round selection on him was just that, wasted.

Now, if he for some reason, and quite frankly none of us knows what's gonna happen, so we'll have to wait and see instead of insulting each other, but if for some reason McGahee shows signs of not being 100% due to "swelling" after non-contact running, or simply has lost a step, then it's gonna be no fun at OBD. I'm sure we agree on that.

But yes, as a fan, I'm critical of us having wasted, or what I consider as having been a wasted pick, on a guy like McGahee, with no particularly good reports, just as with Jones, due to the fact that he won't be playing this year. I sure hope it does, b/c we can use that type of RB. But I'm just not countin' my chickens until they hatch. With TD running the show, that's not only the safe bet, but the wise one too.

Pucillo TD told us was ready. WRONG!
                            Teague was signed to play LT. DIDN'T HAPPEN, then BS explanations as to why he's now gonna be a center.
                            Jones, WRONG!
                            Adams, WRONG!
                            Denney, WRONG!

I didn't even mention Drew, but it seems the only positive he's brought to the team is ticket sales. That'll end next year!

Posey, questionable.
                            Kelsay, questionable.

Demoting Sullivan, questionable.
                            Overriding Wire's development by picking up Milloy, questionable.

Even what we thought was a gimme seems to be turning out as an overrated move w/ Spikes. There's still time for that to sort itself out and I believe it will once we get a line, but in the meantime...

I mean the one single move that was even remotely outstanding was a negative move by trading Price for a 1st round pick.

What else has TD done that's worked out besides a few players from the '01 draft and Mike Williams?

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• hurls
                              • Oct 2003

Sung to the music of "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat":

"Willis is coming, Bledsoe is on his back!
                              Please find a lineman who can prevent a sack,
                              If you can't find a lineman, then a pass-catcher will do,
                              If you can't find a pass-catcher, than Gregg, screw you!

Comment

Working...
                              X