X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

TD tells fans to "save the postage"

As for those writing letters or circulating petitions calling for Williams' dismissal, Donahoe said: ``Tell them to save the postage.''

``I think we're in a gut-check period for this team and this staff and this organization,'' Donahoe said. ``And I'm confident we're going to come out of this and get this thing going in the right direction because I believe in the people that we have doing it.''

• MDFINFAN
    • Jun 2003

Well that's that, now back to business, the only problem with this team is it throws the ball too much. TH is just not being used enough to set up the pass, as soon as he gets stop on one or two plays, the OC goes to the pass over and over again. More balance would win more game. With the second half of the season coming and the change of season, you should be force to run more and that's when your team will thrieve.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

I agree MD. We ALL agree. We want to see it already!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Excellent. We'll be 6 -10 now for sure

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Hey Tom, how about if we save our money instead and stay home on Sundays.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

LOL RE!!

Well, if this continues, TD can expect to see season ticket sales plummet after this season. The fans aren't stupid enough to continue to buy into this crap. As if we've all forgotten that this team couldn't put up any points v. Miami, only 3 v. the Chiefs and Jets, not two teams exactly known for their defensive prowess this year, 13 v. Philly at RWS, and a whopping 16 in regulation v. Cincy, and even an unimpressive 24 v. the Skins w/ no D at all and only 17 thru nearly 3 and 1/2 Qs.

He obviously takes the fans for complete fools.

Well, given the intensity of the remaining schedule, one thing's for sure, many, many things are gonna bear themselves out between now and the season finale v. the Pats in Foxboro.

Sounds like TD's hitchin' his wagon to GW & Co. for now. Could get really, really interesting.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Here's a message to TD:

Save the BS!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                LOL RE!!

Well, if this continues, TD can expect to see season ticket sales plummet after this season. The fans aren't stupid enough to continue to buy into this crap. As if we've all forgotten that this team couldn't put up any points v. Miami, only 3 v. the Chiefs and Jets, not two teams exactly known for their defensive prowess this year, 13 v. Philly at RWS, and a whopping 16 in regulation v. Cincy, and even an unimpressive 24 v. the Skins w/ no D at all and only 17 thru nearly 3 and 1/2 Qs.

He obviously takes the fans for complete fools.

Well, given the intensity of the remaining schedule, one thing's for sure, many, many things are gonna bear themselves out between now and the season finale v. the Pats in Foxboro.

Sounds like TD's hitchin' his wagon to GW & Co. for now. Could get really, really interesting.
                Yeah, TD definitly lost some major brownie points with those comments. This team is slowly sinking into a black abyss and TD is at the helm.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

Yeah, it's distressing alright.

And as I've pointed out, we're necessarily going to be in yet another rebuilding mode in having to reconstruct the lines as well this offseason. On the lines alone, due to neglect for 3 seasons generally speaking, there's enough offseason work to do on the lines alone forget about any other positions.

I really don't know how we can even approach correcting all that this offseason. TD clearly hasn't made the most efficient decisions. The only positive thing that I can say about the above comments is that maybe he's just trying to quell the crowd back into a supportive state. Which is fine and may work as long as we beat both the Cowboys and Texans. But right now Dallas is better coached, way more confident, playing with typical Parcell's originated intensity, and simply playing better football. So on the road, after a bye week, the onus is on TD, GW, and KG here. If we lose to Dallas, the floodgates are gonna open and that'll be the end of the tolerance for TD's bumbling comments like this. TD's gotta be feelin' the heat on all of this too undoubtedly.

Can you imagine what happens if for some reason McGahee goes on IR or doesn't appear to be 100% and capable of resuming practice. Oh mamma! I'm not sure I wanna be near Buffalo if/when that revelation hits.

It's certainly not looking good for the team and therefore the fans. But TD's gotta come up with some more creative things to say, b/c as of now he's patronizing the fans and treating us all as fools. That's fine for ***, *****, and *, but...

LOL

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

It's not fine with me. Maybe not judge or d either.

We'll see. If we don't improve, there will be changes at season's end. I never went along with the whole fire GW mid-season plan.

I guess what TD is saying is that the season is going to play out no matter what. Nothing suggests he's planning to extend GW's contract.

What can he say? That he has no confidence in his staff?

TD is stuck in between a rock and a hard place. I don't mind his tactics at this point.

Comment

• BF_in_Indiana
                      FIRE JAURON NOW
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billsfanone

What can he say? That he has no confidence in his staff?
                      The only thing he should have said this week was "Gregg your fired."

PERIOD.
                      Last edited by BF_in_Indiana; 10-30-2003, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• hurls
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                        Well that's that, now back to business, the only problem with this team is it throws the ball too much. TH is just not being used enough to set up the pass, as soon as he gets stop on one or two plays, the OC goes to the pass over and over again. More balance would win more game. With the second half of the season coming and the change of season, you should be force to run more and that's when your team will thrieve.
                        I totally agree, but that's definitely not the "only " problem. Where's the vaunted defense Gregg has promised since he arrived. At the beginning, they said, "This year Gregg has the players he needs to improve the D." What a crock. It's sounds like Rigas saying"we're gonna give them the tools, to finish the job." they're tools alright, Gregg, Family de Rigai, and I'm even starting to lose faith in TD. Especially after I already spent on the posatge! lol

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                          • Oct 2002

Should fans be asking for TD's dismissal as well?? I have tickets to the Texans game and Im just sold them for 20 bux a piece and bought Desert Storm2 for PS2.. I guess that is money well spent..

Comment

• hurls
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by silent_one
                            Should fans be asking for TD's dismissal as well?? I have tickets to the Texans game and Im just sold them for 20 bux a piece and bought Desert Storm2 for PS2.. I guess that is money well spent..
                            Damn!! I woulda paid 21 apiece! LOL Is there a forum here with peeps selling tickets and stuff?

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not "wasting" postage, I've been emailing Ralph and TD.

Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X