PDA

View Full Version : Well this is going to be a slow week

Turf
10-30-2003, 10:18 AM
With no game this weekend, and having to wallow in the lack of any corrective action, I imagine this is going to be a pretty boring 9 days.
Guess I'll check in from time to time to see if Willis ate lunch or something like that.

WG
10-30-2003, 10:21 AM
LOL, at least you won't have to ponder the anticipation of another humiliating defeat where the O doesn't show up.

I don't know about you, but I'm not exactly eagerly awaiting the second half of the season, at least not from the hopes of doing anything therein. I think it'll be good to watch if the staff tries some different things/players.

As ask says, let's see Kelsay. I wanna see Crowell too. He had a monster rep at VA. Let's see if he's any good, b/c based on credentials he should be in a position to replace either Posey or even Fletcher next year possibly. I know he was an ILB and not a MLB, but hey, Fletcher's not exactly Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher here.

Stick McGee in for AW once in a while to see if we need to run out and shop for a CB or if we can make due w/ either Thomas or McGee. McGee has impressed me in some ways so far as a rookie. Let's see what he does over an entire game at CB.

If McGahee's 100% ready, let's run him. Who cares if Travis minds. Unfortunately we have no young QB to try. We can at least evaluate some of the talent we do have. Can't be much worse than the guys they are gonna replace. In fact, it would not shock me at all if McGee can cover as well as or better than AW. He's also a big physical CB, who knows, maybe he has the run D play ability that AW does and that will solve our problem.

We'll never know unless we try them. Of course right now the FO and Coaches I'm sure think that POs are are a reasonable posibility, so until we get our arses handed to us by Dallas, and maybe Houston before losing 2 or 3 straight, they'll be trying to "make the playoffs."

Billzz
10-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Like to see them utilize A.Browns speed in the recieving end. Stretch the field with the little fella once a game or so on second and short.

Not like we have had many second and shorts except for the Washington game but ya know.

Earthquake Enyart
10-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
With no game this weekend, and having to wallow in the lack of any corrective action, I imagine this is going to be a pretty boring 9 days.
Guess I'll check in from time to time to see if Willis ate lunch or something like that.

Time for some thorough self examination. :up:

Turf
10-30-2003, 12:39 PM
I'd hate to see Gregg thoroughly evaluating himself EE, that's a frightening image. :eek:
Hey Wys, didn't Crowell get cut or put on the practice squad, or am I thinking of someone else.
I am amazed with such an active GM, who is never afraid to make a move, why he hasn't done anything. I am willing to bet that he gave Gilbride a memorandum, and told him to follow it or it's his head. I can't believe he's going to sit there and watch this and not react to it.

IHateTheDullphins
10-30-2003, 02:45 PM
I can't wait to see how many Int's DB throws in the second half! Or how many sacks Puccillo will give up!! i for one am excited, I don't know about you guys!