X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Giveaway / Takeaway

The Bills are ranked #31 with a -9. Only the Arizona Cardinals are worse with a -14.

Surprise surprise. KC is #1.

The 2003 NFL Postseason Player stat leaders on ESPN. Includes stat leaders in every category from passing and rushing to tackles and interceptions.

The 2003 NFL Postseason Player stat leaders on ESPN. Includes stat leaders in every category from passing and rushing to tackles and interceptions.
  • Rude American
    EE is my American Idol
    • Jul 2002

Our guys obviously need bigger hands.
    You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

The lack of takeaways kills me.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

We weren't giving it away much until last week.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
          True. How many? 7 right? Sheesh!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
            Well, we had 19, so if we had 7 v. the Chiefs, we still averaged almost 2 per game elsewhere. Not bad, but not good either even in spite of that KC game. The top 8 teams all had single digit TOs in all 8 games.

Sadly I have a hunch that ain't gonna improve considering that we face 4 of the league's current top 10 scoring Ds, with the Jets improving at #16, the Giants at #17, and only Houston not playing good D.

Not only that, we're having the exact same takeaway difficulties we had last season. We have ten, 4 of which came in week 1 v. NE. Since we've only had 6 in 7 other games for less than 1/game after that.
            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Billzz
              • Sep 2003

Lack of discipline with 7 turnovers.

If a different coach was running this team somones ass would be hanging from a pike at the entrance to the practice field. What's GW do? Gives em the friggin day off.

I think this should be the biggest stressed item off the first week, not R and R. Get em on the field and double cover every G-Damn reciever while sending 8 linemen at Bledsoe to make him learn how to think under pressure. This guy has got to get rid of the ball in a 3 step drop, every team sends the house at him and they know they can reach him.

The line needs to learn PASS protect. First 2 games that's all they had, now they can run block but not pass protect? WTF is that all about. Assistant coaches need to grab the bull by the horns and teach these guys fundamentals that apparently they are lacking cause we all know GW isn't gonna do it.

Being nice and having a spa/resort atmoshpere didn't work in pre-season so wtf makes manboobies think it's going to work now with half the season gone? My biggest gripe is them not being able to adept to new sets of circumstances on and off the field. There has been no deviation whatsoever to any setbacks they have faced, minus the TKO players only meeting which lasted all of one game.

Somone needs to go in the locker room and kick these guys square in the nuts. Your in the NFL being paid millions to be good at what you do and SHOULD NOT need a motivitional speech to get you up for the game. Even with crappy coaching these guys should be at bare minumum doing what by now should come naturally.

/Rant off

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

Again, and not to be negative but critical for sure, wasn't the reason we picked up Milloy, Spikes, Posey to increase our takeaways?

So why hasn't that done the trick?

IMO it's the line b/c w/o a line you can't generate any pressure and no pressure equals no forced mistakes. But again, that brings us back almost solely to the DL.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                  • Jul 2002

I think everyone feared us weak at the DE position. They can get some sacks when ahead, but not when behind.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

And that stupid 46 D has GOT to go.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

DE's are killing us more than any other position on defense. 2 half way decent DE's would make a huge difference. Schoebel is an okay pass rusher when he can T-off and go but if the offense isn't spread out or is running he's not worth much. Denney hasn't shown much yet either. Offensively, it's KG first, right guard second.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

The 46 was a very good scheme until it came here. Again...DE's. We don't have Richard Dent, Dan Hampton, Reggie White, Clyde Simmons, Sean Jones or Jevon Kearse. They all played great in the 46 and all played for the #1 defense in the league at point or another while in the 46. We have Schobel and Denney.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                          • Jul 2002

My fear is next year we pick up a DE and loose a CB.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                            My fear is next year we pick up a DE and loose a CB.
                            Who?

Do you think Marcus Jones has kept in shape?

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                              • Jul 2002

Some free agent DE, I havent looked that far ahead, I'm sure 20 people on here could elaborate on who will be free.
                              I hope we don't lose Winfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X