PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe's impact

Judge
09-30-2002, 07:28 AM
I've never seen a guy so single-handedly instill such a total team personality change. This guy's impact goes beyond mere stats.

- When the Bills got the ball in OT, I wasn't even that excited. Why? Because I KNEW Drew would deliver. If he has me believing, and all of WNY believing, then think of the impact on his teammates! The confidence boost on this team is immeasurable, and equals 2 wins already.

- I watched the tape of the game last night when I got home- loved Jimmy Johnson's half time comment- the Bills pulled off the biggest trade since the Herschel Walker deal! He always looks for a way to boost himself, but he's right- this deal has so overwhelmingly changed this team's whole M.O. and national image that it hasn't happened since 1989 with the Walker deal.

- The sky's the limit with this guy. He isn't afraid to make a decisive play, isn't conservative, isn't afraid to be the true LEADER this team craved for after last 2 years. He will deliver- hopefully the rest of the team can continue to raise the level of its game to give him the chance to lead us to where he wants it to go!

LABillsFan
09-30-2002, 08:20 AM
Same here. But I have to say KG is calling the plays, he needs to get some credit to.

Cntrygal
09-30-2002, 08:44 AM
From what I've heard - 2 things that impress me about KG is that he'll listen to what the guys on the field have to say about the opposing defense and not stick with the same plays the ENTIRE game if they aren't working.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2002, 08:53 AM
i wasn't too high on gilbride when i learned that we got him but he's looking like a perfect fit.it's nice to see that he and bledsoe are on the same page.

WG
09-30-2002, 10:36 AM
I think KG's getting a lot of credit for Drew's playing when he shouldn't be. I've seen flashes of creativity in the game-planning/play-calling. But for example, in the third Q yesterday, each and every play offensively was totally predictable for the most part.

This was the very first week where we started using other backs, our second TE, Centers some more. These things should have been incorporated into the O a while ago. We can write this off as KG wanting Drew & Co. first to get used to each other and the basics. But we need to continue in the ways of yesterday, particularly the 4th Q.

We definitely need to mix it up more as we start playing the better teams. Moulds is the only one that should routinely have 8+ catches.

I would also like to see some plays where a G pulls to lead an RB or other stuff like that. At this point it's all simple 5/7 step drops and passes. What's so spectacular about that? Any O.C. can call basic plays and rely on the talent of their QB and WRs that have totally outmatched the defensive counterparts.

The real test will be when the WRs are matched a bit better and Drew may not be playing like a man possessed. I don't think the current play-calling will do us many favors under those circumstances.

I primarily credit Drew and secondarily the WRs, particularly Moulds and Price for the offensive success we've had so far. But not Gilbride.