Well, finally someone in the national level media figuring this all out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Well, finally someone in the national level media figuring this all out...

"Which big-name QB isn't getting it done?

Drew Bledsoe

For all the fanfare that surrounded his arrival in Buffalo, where he was accorded savior-like status before he ever put on the uniform, Drew Bledsoe's performance hasn't matched the hype. But in truth, that has been pretty much the case ever since he was chosen first overall by New England in the 1993 draft. In a league where reputations often are made before they're fully earned, Bledsoe's career numbers stand as a case in point.

He entered this season with a gaudy 34,016 career passing yards in 10 years, but he also owned fairly pedestrian numbers as far as completion percentage (56.9), passer rating (77.1), touchdowns (190) and interceptions (153)."

...more...

Which big-name QB isn't getting it done?
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• mackey789
    • Jul 2002

i liked it better when we were winning and you didnt post on here, i hope we start winning and you go back into your hole. You are so god damn annoying dude.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I am sick of going the FA QB route. TD needs to take a QB in the first or second round (preferably the first) this coming draft. Someone who is not too raw who can step in mid-season if Bledsoe is doing his same old crap.

Byrd.

Comment

• Wys Guy
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mackey789
        i liked it better when we were winning and you didnt post on here, i hope we start winning and you go back into your hole. You are so god damn annoying dude.
        Just referencing an article. I didn't add anything. What's the matter, upset that perhaps it's true or that someone over at SI said it?

I'm just the messenger. Send that guy an e-mail if you disagree.

Yeah, I'm w/ ya Natrix, except we should have done that by now.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• E-Klips
          You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
          • Oct 2003

I'm NOT with you, Natrix.............kinda. I agree that we need to put the successor in place at QB, but not more than we need to strengthen our OL and our DL!! The lines are a few players away from being good. I would go after the best DE and OG we could first. Then, I might look at QB, but we also have to find another DT since Adams isn't working out as well as we hoped. Maybe they could get someone who could split time with him (Ron Edwards is NOT that person!).
          CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

Jim Rome was giving it to the Bills and Bledsoe the other day too. Not everyone is fooled by passing yards

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mackey789
              I'm obviously not and admin, but.......

.....this is an unwarranted post. Take it to a PM or use the ignore selection.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
                New and Improved!!
                • Aug 2003

Bledsoe sucks. he just sucks. The only thing that other teams need to do to beat us, is get to bledsoe, easy task. He can play when he's got all day, and I'm a poet, and didn't know it. BLEDSOE SUCKS!!!!

If I have to watch that glazed over look in his eyes one more time I'm gonna

You're right Wys, I definitely agree with you about Bledsoe.
                Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I'd take a QB in the first round too. Could work the lines by moving players into different positions. For one Pucillo, and get Teague off the center position while they're at it. But if they decide to keep Drew, he needs a coach that will get through to his thick skull that he needs to scope the field and get rid of the ball faster. Obviously, the current set up isn't getting us anywhere.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BillsMan80
                    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                    • Jul 2002

Folks, as much as we say it, the lines are not in as bad shape as we think. The OL is in need of a Center and Guard. What about experimenting by moving Big Mike to RG, and Price to RT. Arizona drafted Leonard Davis as a tackle, moved him to guard, and he's been great. On the DL, I think the only position we lack is an End. Schobel, is fine, and I have been happy with the DT play this year. We aren't in as bad shape as we think. And obviously the coaching problem must be addressed.
                    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsMan80
                      The OL is in need of a Center and Guard. What about experimenting by moving Big Mike to RG, and Price to RT.

That would be worth a try but they won't do it because they are paying williams tackle money and because it makes sense.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
                        Bledsoe sucks. he just sucks. The only thing that other teams need to do to beat us, is get to bledsoe, easy task. He can play when he's got all day, and I'm a poet, and didn't know it. BLEDSOE SUCKS!!!!

If I have to watch that glazed over look in his eyes one more time I'm gonna

You're right Wys, I definitely agree with you about Bledsoe.
                        Whether he "sucks" or not really isn't the issue regardless IHTD. I usually overstate my position on him simply due to the fact as also supported by the writer of the article above, that Drew was "annointed great" even before his career really began. He's never been subjected to the challenges and threats beneath him that other QBs in the NFL are. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that some of those seasons were far from great.

The undeniable notion, for those looking at Drew objectively, is that he simply isn't worth $5-6M. He just isn't. And as I've said, he's a liability in the playoffs. He has struggled v. winning teams throughout his career regardless of season, team, coaching, talent around him, etc. Why would any team want a QB for "free" if he's not capable of playing like anything other than crap in the playoffs. I've challenged everyone to give me evidence that he's capable of playing a good PO game for two years and no one can come up w/ anything. I'll tell ya why, it's b/c there's absolutely no evidence for it.

And suppose for a second that he had a stellar first round playoff game. What are the odds that he'd be able to string a second one to that? A third, which would be the minimum we'd ever need to win to win a SB? ...before he threw a game w/ 3 or 4 picks and played so horribly regardless of what the D, RBs, STs, and rest of the team did so as to give a game away.

This hope and notion that somehow Drew's capable of playing 3 or 4 back-to-back games against playoff teams w/o giving at least one of them if not most of them away, or playing such that the other aspects of the team would need to compensate, is slim to none. He's never done it and never will. Everyone gives him the credit for winning all those playoff games w/ NE, but if you go look at those games, everyone of them was won in spite of him and not b/c of him. That's a fact. And to those in the other thread, last year he was credited for all of our wins, but of course this year he has little to do with us playing like crap even tho it's the O that primarily at fault. Same in NE, he didn't take the heat for their PO losses when he should have.

This guy has this absoulutely correct that Drew's rep was predefined before he even took a snap in the NFL. He's never been challenged, and even now we have fans stating that there are few other QBs in the league, backups or whatever, who can't possibly throw 3 TDs for each 4 INTs that they throw, a level that Drew's essentially been playing at for nearly the entire time he's been here now w/ only a few games of exceptions.

Thru 24 games he has 30 TDs and 23 INTs. Problem is that 12 of those TDs have been in 4 games, three against incredibly poor opponents. So in the other 20 games he has only 18 TDs to 23 INTs. And we're to believe that Blake couldn't play like that.

Originally posted by mybills
                        But if they decide to keep Drew, he needs a coach that will get through to his thick skull that he needs to scope the field and get rid of the ball faster. Obviously, the current set up isn't getting us anywhere.
                        He's 31 (or so) mybills, if he hasn't learned that by now then he never will. Everyone here gave RJ what, 2 seasons to do that before they tossed him and he was in the fledgling part of his career.
                        Last edited by WG; 10-31-2003, 11:24 AM.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

But what if someone actually wrote a GOOD article about him that you happen to disagree with, Wys? Is this one of those "I told you so" things again?
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• askabry
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                            ... And we're to believe that Blake couldn't play like that. ....

Look bud, I was pulling for Jeff Blake. But there is ABSOLUTELY nothing in the performance of Jeff Blake since 2002 started to indicate to you he could have thrown 30 touchdowns in 24 games.

And when it's all said and done, a panel of NFL scouts just today said that among the players in the league whose loss would devastate a team was Drew Bledsoe. Funny ... nowhere in that list did they mention Jeff Blake. I can't imagine why.

Probably because they didn't consult with you, is what I'm thinking.
                            what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                            • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                            • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                            • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                            • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                            • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Oh man, not yet another Wys' "Bledsoe sucks" thread.

Seriously, where is the ignore function???

Comment

Working...
                              X