PDA

View Full Version : Well, finally someone in the national level media figuring this all out...

WG
10-30-2003, 10:35 PM
"Which big-name QB isn't getting it done?

Drew Bledsoe

For all the fanfare that surrounded his arrival in Buffalo, where he was accorded savior-like status before he ever put on the uniform, Drew Bledsoe's performance hasn't matched the hype. But in truth, that has been pretty much the case ever since he was chosen first overall by New England in the 1993 draft. In a league where reputations often are made before they're fully earned, Bledsoe's career numbers stand as a case in point.

He entered this season with a gaudy 34,016 career passing yards in 10 years, but he also owned fairly pedestrian numbers as far as completion percentage (56.9), passer rating (77.1), touchdowns (190) and interceptions (153)."

...more...

Which big-name QB isn't getting it done? (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/football/nfl/10/28/burning.questions/)

mackey789
10-30-2003, 11:01 PM
i liked it better when we were winning and you didnt post on here, i hope we start winning and you go back into your hole. You are so god damn annoying dude.

The Natrix
10-30-2003, 11:35 PM
I am sick of going the FA QB route. TD needs to take a QB in the first or second round (preferably the first) this coming draft. Someone who is not too raw who can step in mid-season if Bledsoe is doing his same old crap.

WG
10-31-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by mackey789
i liked it better when we were winning and you didnt post on here, i hope we start winning and you go back into your hole. You are so god damn annoying dude.

Just referencing an article. I didn't add anything. What's the matter, upset that perhaps it's true or that someone over at SI said it?

I'm just the messenger. Send that guy an e-mail if you disagree.

;)

Yeah, I'm w/ ya Natrix, except we should have done that by now.

E-Klips
10-31-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm NOT with you, Natrix.............kinda. I agree that we need to put the successor in place at QB, but not more than we need to strengthen our OL and our DL!! The lines are a few players away from being good. I would go after the best DE and OG we could first. Then, I might look at QB, but we also have to find another DT since Adams isn't working out as well as we hoped. Maybe they could get someone who could split time with him (Ron Edwards is NOT that person!).

Novacane
10-31-2003, 08:15 AM
Jim Rome was giving it to the Bills and Bledsoe the other day too. Not everyone is fooled by passing yards

RedEyE
10-31-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by mackey789

I'm obviously not and admin, but.......

.....this is an unwarranted post. Take it to a PM or use the ignore selection.

IHateTheDullphins
10-31-2003, 08:34 AM
Bledsoe sucks. he just sucks. The only thing that other teams need to do to beat us, is get to bledsoe, easy task. He can play when he's got all day, and I'm a poet, and didn't know it. BLEDSOE SUCKS!!!!

If I have to watch that glazed over look in his eyes one more time I'm gonna:puke:

You're right Wys, I definitely agree with you about Bledsoe.

mybills
10-31-2003, 08:35 AM
I'd take a QB in the first round too. Could work the lines by moving players into different positions. For one Pucillo, and get Teague off the center position while they're at it. But if they decide to keep Drew, he needs a coach that will get through to his thick skull that he needs to scope the field and get rid of the ball faster. Obviously, the current set up isn't getting us anywhere.

BillsMan80
10-31-2003, 08:41 AM
Folks, as much as we say it, the lines are not in as bad shape as we think. The OL is in need of a Center and Guard. What about experimenting by moving Big Mike to RG, and Price to RT. Arizona drafted Leonard Davis as a tackle, moved him to guard, and he's been great. On the DL, I think the only position we lack is an End. Schobel, is fine, and I have been happy with the DT play this year. We aren't in as bad shape as we think. And obviously the coaching problem must be addressed.

Novacane
10-31-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
The OL is in need of a Center and Guard. What about experimenting by moving Big Mike to RG, and Price to RT.

That would be worth a try but they won't do it because they are paying williams tackle money and because it makes sense.

WG
10-31-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
Bledsoe sucks. he just sucks. The only thing that other teams need to do to beat us, is get to bledsoe, easy task. He can play when he's got all day, and I'm a poet, and didn't know it. BLEDSOE SUCKS!!!!

If I have to watch that glazed over look in his eyes one more time I'm gonna:puke:

You're right Wys, I definitely agree with you about Bledsoe.
Whether he "sucks" or not really isn't the issue regardless IHTD. I usually overstate my position on him simply due to the fact as also supported by the writer of the article above, that Drew was "annointed great" even before his career really began. He's never been subjected to the challenges and threats beneath him that other QBs in the NFL are. It doesn't take a genious to figure out that some of those seasons were far from great.

The undeniable notion, for those looking at Drew objectively, is that he simply isn't worth $5-6M. He just isn't. And as I've said, he's a liability in the playoffs. He has struggled v. winning teams throughout his career regardless of season, team, coaching, talent around him, etc. Why would any team want a QB for "free" if he's not capable of playing like anything other than crap in the playoffs. I've challenged everyone to give me evidence that he's capable of playing a good PO game for two years and no one can come up w/ anything. I'll tell ya why, it's b/c there's absolutely no evidence for it.

And suppose for a second that he had a stellar first round playoff game. What are the odds that he'd be able to string a second one to that? A third, which would be the minimum we'd ever need to win to win a SB? ...before he threw a game w/ 3 or 4 picks and played so horribly regardless of what the D, RBs, STs, and rest of the team did so as to give a game away.

This hope and notion that somehow Drew's capable of playing 3 or 4 back-to-back games against playoff teams w/o giving at least one of them if not most of them away, or playing such that the other aspects of the team would need to compensate, is slim to none. He's never done it and never will. Everyone gives him the credit for winning all those playoff games w/ NE, but if you go look at those games, everyone of them was won in spite of him and not b/c of him. That's a fact. And to those in the other thread, last year he was credited for all of our wins, but of course this year he has little to do with us playing like crap even tho it's the O that primarily at fault. Same in NE, he didn't take the heat for their PO losses when he should have.

This guy has this absoulutely correct that Drew's rep was predefined before he even took a snap in the NFL. He's never been challenged, and even now we have fans stating that there are few other QBs in the league, backups or whatever, who can't possibly throw 3 TDs for each 4 INTs that they throw, a level that Drew's essentially been playing at for nearly the entire time he's been here now w/ only a few games of exceptions.

Thru 24 games he has 30 TDs and 23 INTs. Problem is that 12 of those TDs have been in 4 games, three against incredibly poor opponents. So in the other 20 games he has only 18 TDs to 23 INTs. And we're to believe that Blake couldn't play like that. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mybills
But if they decide to keep Drew, he needs a coach that will get through to his thick skull that he needs to scope the field and get rid of the ball faster. Obviously, the current set up isn't getting us anywhere.

He's 31 (or so) mybills, if he hasn't learned that by now then he never will. Everyone here gave RJ what, 2 seasons to do that before they tossed him and he was in the fledgling part of his career.

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 11:25 AM
But what if someone actually wrote a GOOD article about him that you happen to disagree with, Wys? Is this one of those "I told you so" things again?

askabry
10-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
... And we're to believe that Blake couldn't play like that. ....

Look bud, I was pulling for Jeff Blake. But there is ABSOLUTELY nothing in the performance of Jeff Blake since 2002 started to indicate to you he could have thrown 30 touchdowns in 24 games.

And when it's all said and done, a panel of NFL scouts just today said that among the players in the league whose loss would devastate a team was Drew Bledsoe. Funny ... nowhere in that list did they mention Jeff Blake. I can't imagine why.

Probably because they didn't consult with you, is what I'm thinking.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2003, 11:50 AM
Oh man, not yet another Wys' "Bledsoe sucks" thread.

Seriously, where is the ignore function???

IHateTheDullphins
10-31-2003, 11:55 AM
Bledsoe sucks! Bledsoe sucks! you're all in denial.

Don't you all find it funny that number 11 has sucked for 4 years straight. Maybe DB should just change his number, cuz that one ain't working for us.

Ð
10-31-2003, 11:59 AM
Some would say it ranks up there with "666"

BAM
10-31-2003, 12:13 PM
Drew sucks compared to who? Jim Kelly, yah. Dan Marino, yah. Joe Montana, probably. I'd like to see any of you "Drew Haters" get in there and take a few snaps... o wait you don't play do ya?!

:down:

I agree he may not be playing up to par right now, but obviously he doesn't suck if he made it into the NFL. Can any of us legitimately say ***** untill we get in there and surpass his numbers? (This is where the "No Room to Talk" rule comes into effect.) :)

BTW Drew is 12-12 as the Bills starter. Could be A LOT worse ;) I'm not saying I'm satisfied with a .500 avg... but we cannot place the blame solely on Drew! This is a team game.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2003, 12:22 PM
I have to say that I have lost some respect for you WYS. The first two games the Bills were fantastic and a lot of people were saying how they were the best team in the league. You didn't post anything. Now that the team is having trouble with their offense you are all over them. You are the guy that if you were right about something you are the first one to tell everyone that it was you that was right. If you are wrong you don't say anything and if someone points it out you change the subject or ignore it.

fushetti
10-31-2003, 12:23 PM
I don't know why we go around and around on these issues.

as the great Marv Levy always said, you run to set up the pass....

The bills don't do that.. thus, Drew looks bad. We ran the ball average against New england in the opener, and Drew was spectacular. We ran the ball effectively against the Redskins, and drew had a good game. Once you can sell the run in play action, the whole thing opens up for the passing game.

RUN THE BALL....EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTH.

IHTD, you were probably one of those people in the early 90's screaming for Frank Reich to be put in cuz you thought Kelly sucked too. Give it a break.

WG
10-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I have to say that I have lost some respect for you WYS. The first two games the Bills were fantastic and a lot of people were saying how they were the best team in the league. You didn't post anything. Now that the team is having trouble with their offense you are all over them.

Then you're blind. I posted plenty and ever wrote an article talking about it/them!

Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat Yeehah! (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=9&nid=6367)

I chose not to write a piece on the Jax game b/c everyone jumped on me stating that my article, the one above, was so negative and I was simply disgusted w/ the homerism. Check it out for yourself and see the "negativity" of it all.

WG
10-31-2003, 12:31 PM
BTW, Drew has played a grand total of maybe 5 very good games here in Buffalo and all but one of them, v. Denver last year, have been against horrid teams defensively speaking at least and usually overall.

Other than those 6 games, of 24 BTW, how can anyone justify the play of a QB who has tossed 16 TDs to 23 INTs in the other 18 games???

Then to turn around and try and convince everyone that there are few QBs in the league who can do that, 16 TDs/23 INTs in 18 games while lighting up last year's Houston, Chicago, Minnesota, Jax this year and one other scrub team last year is beyond me and an absolute insult to anyone with any intelligence whatsoever!

WG
10-31-2003, 12:43 PM
And it's equally insulting to suggest that it's worth $6M to consistently get that type of play too!

IHateTheDullphins
10-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
Drew sucks compared to who? Jim Kelly, yah. Dan Marino, yah. Joe Montana, probably. I'd like to see any of you "Drew Haters" get in there and take a few snaps... o wait you don't play do ya?!

:down:

I agree he may not be playing up to par right now, but obviously he doesn't suck if he made it into the NFL. Can any of us legitimately say ***** untill we get in there and surpass his numbers? (This is where the "No Room to Talk" rule comes into effect.) :)

BTW Drew is 12-12 as the Bills starter. Could be A LOT worse ;) I'm not saying I'm satisfied with a .500 avg... but we cannot place the blame solely on Drew! This is a team game.

I'm NOT placing all the blame on Drew, first of all. WTF? get in there and take snaps? Doesn't suck if he made it to the NFL? Get real, man. I know I can't do anything he can do, that is not the argument, 12-12 sucks. simple. with this talent, this god given talent. tell me how it could get worse after last game. I am a realist, ok, so I really think Drew's best days are few and far between, not to mention long GONE. the whole team is sucking right now, and this is when your leader steps up. Drew should not be allowed to leave the Bills facilities until the Dallas game. He should be working on everything he's been doing wrong, forget that, the whole team should not be allowed to leave.

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Is homerism any different than YOUR absence of objectivity? Now THAT insults me!

zone
10-31-2003, 12:56 PM
Wys you know nothing about football, you think everyone on the team sucks!

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!

Drew and Henry were both in Hawaii last year.

-Wys you are a bum, my advice to you is to do what your parents did and get a job sir. Posting hate threads on the zone is not a job. The bums have lost!

BAM
10-31-2003, 01:06 PM

I'm NOT placing all the blame on Drew, first of all. WTF? get in there and take snaps? Doesn't suck if he made it to the NFL? Get real, man. I know I can't do anything he can do, that is not the argument, 12-12 sucks. simple. with this talent, this god given talent. tell me how it could get worse after last game. I am a realist, ok, so I really think Drew's best days are few and far between, not to mention long GONE. the whole team is sucking right now, and this is when your leader steps up. Drew should not be allowed to leave the Bills facilities until the Dallas game. He should be working on everything he's been doing wrong, forget that, the whole team should not be allowed to leave.

I'm just saying I think it's hilarious how people will say anyone in ANY professional league SUCKS. Unelss you have played then STFU. that is all ;)

BTW, it's a game, get over it. :)

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 01:09 PM
OK people-

AGAIN-

Bash away at anyone's opinions- but leave the personal attacks out of this -PLEASE!!!

BAM
10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Don't you all find it funny that number 11 has sucked for 4 years straight. Maybe DB should just change his number, cuz that one ain't working for us.

Yep I bet that's what the problem is. :up:

zone
10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
COMP ATT PCT YRDS Y/A TD INT
304 474 64.1 3844 8.1 33 17
269 462 58.2 3457 7.5 23 19
288 470 61.3 3382 7.2 18 18
285 448 63.6 3114 7.0 22 17
Kelly's #'s the 4 super years.

375 610 61.5 4359 7.15 24 15

Drew's #'s last year with the bills.

HE IN NO WAY SUCKS!!!! So shut up or get a new team!

BAM
10-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by zone

Exactly! My guess is Drew will retire as a Bill so either get used to it or, like zone said, get a new team.

Alluro
10-31-2003, 03:54 PM
What wys is saying is so obvious, and so clear, that i can't believe how many of you still believe we can win the superbowl with drew bledsoe. If i had wys's time to research, or his acumen for articulation, i would be doing the same thing. Don't let your homerism get in the way of the truth. Don't let the reputation of drew bledsoe stand in the way of your judgement. We simply cannot win with drew at the helm, and the sooner the bills move on, the better.

The_Philster
10-31-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Alluro
We simply cannot win with drew at the helm, and the sooner the bills move on, the better.

I'm sure people said the same thing about Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I'm sure people said the same thing about Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams

They DID!
And, alluro, you can can the homerism stuff! In your praise for your mentor (acumen? articulation?). Isn't the absence of objectivity the same as "homerism?"

R. Rich
11-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy

They DID!
And, alluro, you can can the homerism stuff! In your praise for your mentor (acumen? articulation?). Isn't the absence of objectivity the same as "homerism?"

Ease up there, helmet. I don't know if this person is the apprentice of Wys, and neither do you.

As for this whole 'we can't win with Drew' business, it is hard to ignore the stats (his performances in big games, etc.), but I still think this team can win with him. Some better pass protection, and more success at the start of the games and who knows?

(Hey! I just noticed this is #1000 for me; damn, I need another hobby.)

WG
11-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
What wys is saying is so obvious, and so clear, that i can't believe how many of you still believe we can win the superbowl with drew bledsoe. If i had wys's time to research, or his acumen for articulation, i would be doing the same thing. Don't let your homerism get in the way of the truth. Don't let the reputation of drew bledsoe stand in the way of your judgement. We simply cannot win with drew at the helm, and the sooner the bills move on, the better.

Just wait Alluro. As predicted, a clear rift in the fan base on Drew by midseason. The second half of the prediction is that by the end of the season Drew will be fortunate if the fans want him here for next season, let alone any sort of extension.

BAD is right to an extent. Drew won't retire a Bill, but his career as a gimme starter will end here and sooner than many think. He won't be worth anymore than perhaps a 4th rounder by the end of this year, and if we have anyone at all behind him next year other than VP, he will be challenged for the first time in his career and will lose out.

After that, Bledsoe's career will either be starting for losing teams desparately needing QBs or being a backup henceforth. He won't spend anymore than 2 seasons on any other team and will be criticized often and early by fans of those teams and national level media.

The jig is finally up for Drew, which is sad b/c he's such a great guy off the field. Nevertheless, being nice doesn't help the team on Sundays. If NE hadn't given him a pass during all those average and below-average seasons then perhaps they'd have won a SB or two and perhaps we wouldn't be in quite as bad shape as we're in.

But again, TD dropped the ball by not getting a "backfill" QB somewhere.

But again, mark my words, what you said Alluro will be painfully obvious to all but the fans who have Bledsoe wallpaper by the EoS!! ;)

It's just a shame that we had to waste all this time and future time based on relying on him hook, line, and sinker.

The_Philster
11-01-2003, 11:26 AM
What Bledsoe fan base? If people weren't singling him out as seemingly the main reason we were struggling, I think a lot more people would be in agreement about a lot of stuff around here. :rolleyes:

imbondz
11-01-2003, 02:31 PM

:bf1:

stats are misleading, but that says alot IMO.

WG
11-01-2003, 03:07 PM
What Bledsoe fan base? If people weren't singling him out as seemingly the main reason we were struggling, I think a lot more people would be in agreement about a lot of stuff around here. :rolleyes:
Gimme a break!

:rolleyes:

Just count the jerseys on game day!

WTH do you think that TD brough Drew here, for his 1.3 TD/INT ratio?

:shakeno:

You must be kidding!

The_Philster
11-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Gimme a break!

:rolleyes:

Just count the jerseys on game day!

WTH do you think that TD brough Drew here, for his 1.3 TD/INT ratio?

:shakeno:

You must be kidding!
:rofl: You're kidding me, right?
Someone wears a Bills Bledsoe jersey and that means that they root for Bledsoe over the Bills? Is that what you're saying? PLEASE tell me that's NOT what you are saying :pray:

WG
11-01-2003, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by imbondz

:bf1:

stats are misleading, but that says alot IMO.

Vs. Minnesota (6-10), Chicago (4-12), Detoit (2-14), Cincy (2-14), and Houston (4-12), a combined 18-62, Drew was:

126 185 68.1 1578 8.53 11 0

Over our other 11 games:

249 425 58.9 2781 6.54 13 15

Does that say much at all im?

WG
11-01-2003, 03:32 PM
The story of Bledsoe's career BTW....

WG
11-01-2003, 03:43 PM
And hey, why stop there, let's throw in this season too, eh.

Those 11 games along with this season's 8:

407 681 59.8 4529 6.65 19 23

So essentially what everyone is hoping is that we make it to the playoffs, and then face teams like Jacksonville, Chicago, Detroit, etc. so that Drew can have a good game and so that we can advance in them.

B/c if you "play your odds" with Drew in the tougher games, you're way more likely than not to emerge w/ some very serious play that will cost your team the win.

Oh, I almost forgot, the winning records through those two record strings:

5-0 in the 5 game string, 7-12 otherwise thru this season so far, soon to be what, 9-18?

The_Philster
11-01-2003, 03:49 PM
:rofl: You're kidding me, right?
Someone wears a Bills Bledsoe jersey and that means that they root for Bledsoe over the Bills? Is that what you're saying? PLEASE tell me that's NOT what you are saying :pray:

I know we used to have some people who were like that for Flutie...they booed RJ even when he played well (on those rare occasions) and wished for his injuiry. But I can't think of anyone who thinks of Bledsoe as THE reason the team wins and blameless when we lose. If that were a requirement for wearing a player jersey, I wonder how well they'd sell?

WG
11-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Look, all I know is that last year the mantra all along was "we only won 8 games b/c of Drew" and anyone disagreeing with that was chastised endlessly and mercilessly.

Now, seems to me those same people are defending Drew's play when quite frankly I'm not sure it's even defensible. It stinks! He's playing amongst the worst QBs in the league this year. You take away his fast start v. Jax and NE and man, he really, really sucks! If you use simply his last 6 I cannot imagine that there are many worse than he is. Really.

Here are his last 6:

122 of 203, 1,204 yds., 5.93 YPA, 3 TDs, 8 INTs

The_Philster
11-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Look, all I know is that last year the mantra all along was "we only won 8 games b/c of Drew" and anyone disagreeing with that was chastised endlessly and mercilessly.

Anyone saying that it was only because of Drew should be flogged. It's a team game. While the QB holds more responsibility in some ways, there is no way he is the only person on the team.

helmetguy
11-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Apologies to Rich and Alluro.

That said, I have every reason to question Wys' motives regarding his derrogation of Bledsoe, and his demeaning, condescending attitude toward anyone who doesn't subscribe to his "Holier than Thou Gospels" on the subject if the TEAM's travails. Such a myopic approach smacks of either ignorance, petulence, or both. He preached this same homily last year regarding Travis Henry. However, to offer any sort of proof against his arguement, or to even deign to gloat over one his missed calls, he pouts, rants raves and sulks...until something remotely realted to his theorms come to pass. Then, his dissenters and detractors are called everything from blind, homers, or what have you. I, for one, feel it is appropriate to address this behavior on the boards, in public. He's stepped outside the bounds of enlightened discourse and has insulted a very great many good people with his ignorance. Enough is enough. Rather than kiss his ass, I'l just put him on ignore!

Billzz
11-02-2003, 06:44 AM
Hey Helmetguy, next time you flame somone use words like "ass, a-hole, sucks, bite me, piss off, stupid, childish, moron, friggin" so I can enjoy it more and not break out dictionary.com.

You lost me on Myopic:)

Feel free to rewrite it placing any of the above options I have offered inplace of large words.

Here's a example:

yours:He's stepped outside the bounds of enlightened discourse and has insulted a very great many good people with his ignorance. Enough is enough. Rather than kiss his ass, I'l just put him on ignore!

mine:He's stepped outside the bounds of "rational friggin thought" and has "pissed off" a very great many good people with his "stupid ass comments". Enough is enough. Rather than kiss his ass, I'l just tell him he's a "a-hole and bite me!"

helmetguy
11-02-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Billzz
Hey Helmetguy, next time you flame somone use words like "ass, a-hole, sucks, bite me, piss off, stupid, childish, moron, friggin" so I can enjoy it more and not break out dictionary.com.

Feel free to rewrite it placing any of the above options I have offered inplace of large words.

Here's a example:

yours:He's stepped outside the bounds of enlightened discourse and has insulted a very great many good people with his ignorance. Enough is enough. Rather than kiss his ass, I'l just put him on ignore!

mine:He's stepped outside the bounds of "rational friggin thought" and has "pissed off" a very great many good people with his "stupid ass comments". Enough is enough. Rather than kiss his ass, I'l just tell him he's a "a-hole and bite me!"

Well said! I was trying to flame politely. Guess you can't do that, huh? Point well taken. Then, again, I simply put him on ignore. Much easier that way. In the future, if I want to listen to (or read) ignorance, I'll go back to the bar I used to manage and look up "Hank the Crank." This othet guy makes Hank look a university professor.

Remember him, Phil? Hank, the Stillers fan?

The_Philster
11-02-2003, 08:07 AM
:yikes:

helmetguy
11-02-2003, 08:21 AM
:yikes:

Repeat after me, Phil: Hank knows ALL! Hank knows ALL!

Fairly accurate comparison?

The_Philster
11-02-2003, 08:25 AM

Here's a example:

This isn't usenet...nor should we turn it into such :cynic:

Billzz
11-02-2003, 09:47 AM
It was sarcasm Phil. Simply pointing out the high road he took to flaming Wys.

I am not trying to turn this forum into another board of people venting there opinons thru childish comments.

Sunday Humor and no I wasn't taking shots at Wys either, sorry you couldn't find the humor in it.

Nighthawk
11-02-2003, 09:54 AM
I have to admit that Bledsoe is really hurting this team, along with dreadful coaching. However, this is the reason that people have problems with Wys...he makes a point and keeps shoving it down our throats! You're right about Bledsoe, now please, right about something else!!!!

WG
11-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Anyone saying that it was only because of Drew should be flogged. It's a team game. While the QB holds more responsibility in some ways, there is no way he is the only person on the team.

Well, all I know is that right here on these very boards I was fighting just about everyone hg, and for some reason I don't remember you jumping to my defense and to take this side then quite honestly!

I took heat and ridicule for "being a moron" and the usual 'I'm out of anything else to say" responses for even daring to suggest that. I distinctly remember arguing with again, just about everyone, that wins over Chicago, Detroit, Cincy, S.D., Houston, Minnesota had been achieved by many other teams w/ "worse" QBs on worse teams than we had and then being told I didn't know what I was talking about. My premise was that the delta between the season prior and last years was a better OL and an easier schedule and more solid D, which again, everyone laughed at b/c "they really knew it was b/c of Drew." Well,...

No, I was definitely on an island on that one. There may have been a couple with me on it, but one of them wasn't you.

WG
11-02-2003, 10:07 AM
It was sarcasm Phil. Simply pointing out the high road he took to flaming Wys.

I am not trying to turn this forum into another board of people venting there opinons thru childish comments.

Sunday Humor and no I wasn't taking shots at Wys either, sorry you couldn't find the humor in it.

I read you the way you meant to be read zz. Some hg's humor in the form of sarcasm eluded me.

hg's obviously just joking tho, :rolleyes:, b/c quite frankly, I don't believe I call anyone on these boards names of any sort.

I reserve the word "moron" for Gilbride usually. I call the team personalities names sometimes, but even then, I'm usually only dictionary definition serious when it's being used for Gilbride.

WG
11-02-2003, 10:07 AM
hg must be a closet Bledsoe guy. :D

Billzz
11-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Moron is too nice for KG.

WG
11-02-2003, 05:15 PM
LOL

I'm sure we can develop a dictionary of words synonymous w/ KG. :D

Dolt, idiot, buffoon are three to start us off...

Why am I thinking however that Donahoe's gonna fire Williams and make KG the HC?

Please, please, please tell me I'm outta my mind in even remotely thinking this...!!!

Billzz
11-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Your out of your mind. Only a complete bufoon, idiot, dolt would do that.................. on second thought..............

Thanks for making my Sunday of Jets and Miami losing deflated with thoughts of pass crazy OC with the chance to take over. I am gonna go kick my dog now.

Ohh yea imbecile and stupefy are my contrabutions.

WG
11-02-2003, 07:47 PM
It's better to start "easing into" the realization of this crappy season so that in 3 or 4 weeks you don't hit the reality wall and go running out and shoot someone.

:scared:

Billzz
11-02-2003, 09:03 PM
I don't work for the post office, no ak-47's in my closet sorry.

WG
11-02-2003, 09:55 PM
LOL

Uzi's?

Grenades?

C4?

's gotta be somethin', LOL...

DraftBoy
11-02-2003, 10:45 PM
I am in complete agreement about Bledsoe. I was one of the ones standing by Wys when we first brought him in here saying I dont want him. Turns out that we were right. Bledsoe is not to fully blame for our losses. He is a major contributer though. Bledsoe is supposed to be the leader of this team, and I am yet to see him yelling at anybody on the sidelines or pulling somebody over to talk to them. Granted Im not at the games and I dont see many but in the few I have he has done none of the afore mentioned actions. Bring up the stats all you want, the only stat that matters in my mind is 12-12. At least if we got Blake we would have a new QB in here by now, not stuck with an aging vet who has a problem with holding on to the damn ball too long. And Wys did criticize Henry alot, and then he put his own foot in his mouth and said he was wrong. Geez some people just cant let things like that go. Wys I say you post as much as possible because I for one look forward to reading them whether I agree with them or not!

The_Philster
11-03-2003, 04:46 AM
I suppose you also agree that anyone wearing a Bledsoe jersey to the games sees Bledsoe as infallible...as Wys seems to?

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-03-2003, 06:35 AM

Then you're blind. I posted plenty and ever wrote an article talking about it/them!

Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat Yeehah! (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=9&nid=6367)

I chose not to write a piece on the Jax game b/c everyone jumped on me stating that my article, the one above, was so negative and I was simply disgusted w/ the homerism. Check it out for yourself and see the "negativity" of it all.

Not blind, I don't read the stupid articles written by you Joe Shmosz on this website, just the board.

askabry
11-03-2003, 07:16 AM
If you are an astute follower of Drew, then you will have noticed that he in fact does have a tendency to overplay his hand when the game gets big.

In my mind, I'll agree with another poster on another board ... Drew simply takes on too much for himself. The worse the situation, the more he wants to "do it all" himself. He'll lock on receivers, hold the ball, force it ... because of his faith in himself and conversely his lack of faith in the players around him.

Combine a psyche like that with an OC like Gilbride, who the BEN stated has thrown the ball 56 straight times on third down between the twenties this year (!!!), and you've got a combustible situation.

And a rationale for all Wys's sorry statistics. So is the solution to throw away the QB? Or simply put him in a position to win?

IHateTheDullphins
11-03-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller

I'm just saying I think it's hilarious how people will say anyone in ANY professional league SUCKS. Unelss you have played then STFU. that is all ;)

BTW, it's a game, get over it. :)

:monkey:BradAlanMiller:horse:

:snicker:

zone
11-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Exactly! A qb needs to be put in a situation to win, not pull a win out of his ass. It's the coaches job to figure out a plan to win and they have not done so!

Like I pointed out before bledsoe stats are comparible if not better than Kelly's the 4 years we went to the super bowl.

Wys can run his mouth as much as he wants but he is an idiot. He is always saying "take away this" or "take away that" but that is stupid why would we take away stats that have been earned.

You can blame your qb all you want, but look at what drew does to a defense when he has time and his recievers run there route and catch the football. It's a team game, You have to have enough common sense to realize that when the DC for the oppising team knows that our line can not block, and either eric is out, or as in the of early this year, josh is not catching balls. It's not to hard to send a blitz and double eric. So now what does drew have to work with 5 defenders in his face right after the snap 4 lineman, and a blitzer. Double that with the fact that eric is doubled. You make a play out of that dummy. No drew is not mike vic, his is not going to take of with the ball. We know that and that is ok. Give him the time and the #'s speak for themself.

Besides that why do the people that hate all the players on this team even bother wasting there time being a fan. Wake up people we are not in Phili. We love this team no matter what. Yea it sucks when we loose. But putting the blame on 1 player on the offensive side is beyond ignorance.

What's the bigest possition on defensive? MLB? Should we blame all the loses on London? Or is it the Safety? Does 4 time pro bowl attorney take the heat for the 4 in the L coloum?

You people our out of your mind. This game is played by a team of people. It is very important that the team of people recieve a winning game plan and execute this plan. No qb in this league can take on 11 by himself.

askabry
11-03-2003, 08:59 AM
I'll stop short of calling another poster an idiot; but I agree that "taking" something out of player's performance generally proves little to me.

Wys's "take this out" is a poor-man's attempts at using a standard deviation instead of an average. But without controls (for instance, what is the standard deviation for all running backs? all running backs on third and one? all running backs on third and one with a poor QB?) his arguments tend to turn my ears to tin.

What's more, standard deviation only shows variation from the norm. Variation from the norm is only negative when viewed against risk. There are occasions when you willing to accept the potential of failure when the returns are sufficient.

Personally, I'd take the homerun threat of a Sanders over the plodding of Bettis but that's me. I've got a huge stake in the International market, too.

zone
11-03-2003, 09:44 AM
The point being is Wys is constantly saying how Drew is terrible and Travis is terrible. I think he does it just to get these arguments going, and it works. It's just inacurate, and trying to back it with his "take this out" mentality is like askabry said changing the whole way that stats are looked at.

BillsNick
11-03-2003, 09:59 AM
the time for talking is over. we all know what needs to happen, on all three phases of the game. it's put up or shut up time, fellas. so lets pull for a little bit of magic this second half. last year the second half was when we played bad football, and this year we picked the first half to suck, here's hoping that the second half sees a new team come out of that tunnel, a team that will dominate its opponents!!! it's GO time people........it's go time...

DraftBoy
11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
I suppose you also agree that anyone wearing a Bledsoe jersey to the games sees Bledsoe as infallible...as Wys seems to?

suppose all you want, I know who I blame the majority of the losses on and its not GW. Although he does need to go.

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 02:52 PM
There's plenty of blame to spread around for why this team isn't playing up to expectations. What is most galling (at least for me) is that, in spite of all the noise he made upon his arrival, GW's teams STILL look unprepared for the opponent on game day. The discipline still appears to be lacking. The downside of his "organizational skills" is that, by being TOO organized, he is too deliberate to make adjustments at the speed dictated by the situations on the field. Thus, he has to adhere to plan, irrespective of its effectiveness. Gilbride and Gray have the same failings as well.

My personal criticism of Wys (which I've seen is shared by many on this board) is that he suffers from the very myopia he belittles others of having. The "Bledsoe PJs,"" OBD koolaid" remarks are churlish, childish, and obscure any legitimate points he may make. He goes to great lengths to "prove" his points with stats, but cleanses and qualifies them in a way such that they become meaningless. He shapes and forms them to suit his particular premise, without using the same applications to other individuals in similar situations. In doing so, he only demonstrates how devoid of objectivity he really is. In other words, he sees no other view as valid but his own. That I no longer debate him (nor even read his screed-the ignore feature being a wonderful tool) is simply a pursuit for more intelligent, rational, reasonable discussion; devoid of his childish petulence.

Dozerdog
11-03-2003, 02:59 PM
:up:

The_Philster
11-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
suppose all you want, I know who I blame the majority of the losses on and its not GW. Although he does need to go.

That doesn't answer the question and it begs another question...do you blame Drew for the fact that the team has played without any heart for much of the season?

Rude American
11-03-2003, 03:29 PM
I blame the coaching staff for all that has gone wrong. I want to see this team play under a guy like Parcells.

DraftBoy
11-03-2003, 03:50 PM

That doesn't answer the question and it begs another question...do you blame Drew for the fact that the team has played without any heart for much of the season?

To answer the original about the whole Bledsoe jersey thing, I dont honestly care what jersey you wear to the game as long as its a Bills. If people wanna go burn some money on a player who wont be here in the next 2-3 years then go ahead. Now on to question #2. Of course I blame him for lack of heart this season. He is supposed to be the offensive captain the one who takes control in the field and gets his guys fired up. The D looks fired up almost every game, granted they dont play like it. Drew and the offense have yet to show the least bit of heart or care into this game and for that I blame him. As for preparation goes I blame the coaching staff they should have the game plan ready and not be caught surprised when the opposittion runs simple plays. Anymore questions, b.c frankly Im missing the point excepting allowing me to defend my viewpoint.

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey, Phil! Looks like I wasted all that money on two Steve Tasker, two Henry Jones, and a Don Beebe jersey, huh? I mean, none of them are on the team anymore! I guess, by rule, I can't wear 'em to a game anymore! (Thank God I have my 7 1/8 jersey!)

IHateTheDullphins
11-03-2003, 04:22 PM
"He goes to great lengths to "prove" his points with stats, but cleanses and qualifies them in a way such that they become meaningless."

Well said.

I don't even know if he belives anything he says. I think he says it to get a rise out of people, and it works.

helmetguy
11-03-2003, 04:30 PM

I don't even know if he belives anything he says. I think he says it to get a rise out of people, and it works.

Either that, or he's just a Zone Bucks whore!

Billzz
11-03-2003, 05:07 PM
You got me Wys I do have a Crossman BB gun in my closet. After being in the army I pretty much got all the guns stuff out of my system considering there is nothign like shooting a 120mm cannon on a tank.

If I can't hurl a depleted uranium rod at a target 2000 meters away I just don't see the point:) So if I ever get my hands on a M-1 with ammo watch out all hell is breaking lose lol.

DraftBoy
11-03-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Hey, Phil! Looks like I wasted all that money on two Steve Tasker, two Henry Jones, and a Don Beebe jersey, huh? I mean, none of them are on the team anymore! I guess, by rule, I can't wear 'em to a game anymore! (Thank God I have my 7 1/8 jersey!)

:stupid:
Hey you were whatever the hell jersey you want to the games, and if you wanna make up your own rule about not wearing the jerseies then go ahead and have all the fun you want in your own little world.