PDA

View Full Version : The owners should save millions and get rid of the GM positon

BillsFever
10-31-2003, 12:05 AM
Insane? I think not.

The fans seem to be more bright then the GM's. I think we should just let them run the team. Why pay somebody 3 million dollars for a job that can be done for free?

When draft day comes all the fans can pull out their homemade draft boards created from the 100 different scouting services and mock drafts and the NFL can hold an online vote for the fans of each team. Whenever their pick comes up the fans vote online and whoever gets the most votes will be drafted.

In FA the fans can send in a list of players that they want. Whichever players are in the majority will be pursued. The clubs will keep a contract negotiater in the orginization for the contracts but the fans will choose the player offered the contracts.

If they really wanna save some money they can get rid of the coaching staffs too. There can be a random drawing once a week out of the season ticket holders to determine who will coach for that week.

This should save the NFL millions a year and also keep the fans happy.

kardshark19
10-31-2003, 03:08 AM
Riiiight...and how many of us are gonna vote for the suckiest players when Miami's pick is up? I know i would

Cntrygal
10-31-2003, 04:39 AM
I vote for whoever Ingtar votes for and I want him to call our plays. :D

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 06:29 AM
You want guys like Wys to run football teams? They can't run a FFL team, let alone a real one.

If that were possible, you would have 32 teams going 0-16

Earthquake Enyart
10-31-2003, 08:05 AM
You need to look no further than the way baseball used to do the All Star game by fan ballotting. They always voted in someone who was hurt, or someone with name recognition having a crappy year.

BillsFever
10-31-2003, 02:02 PM
I was joking guys :shakeno:

I applaud Donahoe for telling these people to save their postage. Fans and GM's all over the league would be laughing at us if we fired the coach because the fans sent some emails or a petition.

Donahoe would look very weak and look like he can't run his own team. That's just what I want to see.

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

I applaud Donahoe for telling these people to save their postage. Fans and GM's all over the league would be laughing at us if we fired the coach because the fans sent some emails or a petition.

Donahoe would look very weak and look like he can't run his own team. That's just what I want to see.

Okay! The jig's up! Who are you? And what have you done with Fever???

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
If that were possible, you would have 32 teams going 0-16
The closest thing would be 0-0-16 for every team.

Imagine that.

The_Philster
10-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever

He's looking rather weak right now, though.

helmetguy
10-31-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
He's looking rather weak right now, though.

Nah! I think it's more discretion than anything else. That is, of course, unless he's in consultation with the resident BZ expert on what to do next.