PDA

View Full Version : Is Larry Bump Wys in Disguise?

shelby
10-31-2003, 04:53 AM
It would be so easy to say I told you so.

The thing is that I haven't really told all of you, because this is my first time writing on this site. But I am on record elsewhere as questioning Gregg Williams' coaching ability - for nearly two years.

While others were falling all over themselves congratulating the Bills on signing Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes , I was writing that Adams looked overweight and slow in the Super Bowl and wondering in print whether Spikes still knew how to win after years in Cincinnati.

The common thread running through those moves is that they were errors in judgment by Tom Donahoe.

He hired Williams based on his organizational ability. The coach gave a good interview, and came in armed with a long list of potential assistant coaches. Well, where were the good assistants when it came time to hire them? Not on the Bills' staff.

full story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_195490_24&prov=citadel&type=lgns)

E-Klips
10-31-2003, 07:49 AM
Bump's story does pose some interesting questions. I was at the KC game, and I saw a team on offense look timid and unimaginative (timid, that is, unless your name is Travis Henry). On defense, they looked totally lost. You should've seen them pre-snap on a lot of the plays; just running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Safties in particular; Lawyer Milloy was out of position so many times it wasn't funny. I don't know if this is because of Gray and LeBeau's (lack of?) schemes or not, but they just looked as if they didn't have a clue. No adjustments seemed to be made on either side of the ball at halftime and the team played like stiffs. Still, I don't know if I'd say every move Donahoe has made was a bad one. It is starting to look like the Sam Adams signing was a bad move, and Posey may be better suited to a 3-4 than this defense he's in (why not try a 3-4?), but I think the rest are okay. Fletcher didn't shrink from his days at St Louis, where he was able to roam around and make a difference in the middle for the Rams' defense. He's alright. The story may have gone a bit overboard in calling every one of Donahoe's players out like that, but some of them really do seem to be inadequate.

WG
10-31-2003, 08:01 AM
LOL Shelby!

Indeed, the only one of TD's moves that I haven't been at least mildly critical of is the Spikes move.

Ð
10-31-2003, 08:01 AM
Hey
I'm so glad you come in here tonight. I'm so it chin' to
Dance I can't stand it and I was countin' on dancin' with you.

It's a saturday night and I feel all right
So come on
let's dance - look at me
AII I wanna do is to bump with you
So come on
let's dance - look at me tonight.
When we hear the music play you might
Learn from me in every way.

They call me lady bump
lady bump it's no lie - ah
Lady bump
lady bump - just the music takes me high.

They call me lady bump
lady bump uh uh uh ah
Lady bump
lady bump look at me and you'll know way.

No
I don't need a break 'cause my hips got to shake -
Ooh come on
let's dance - look at me
When I feel your touch - baby
it's to much
Ooh come on
let's dance - look at me tonight
. . .

They call me lady burnp
lady bump it's not lie - ah
. . .

They call me lady bump
lady bump uh uh uh ah
. . .

They call me lady bump
lady bump uh uh uh ah
. . .

WG
10-31-2003, 08:07 AM
I agree D.

If GW just implements that it'll be better than what we're seeing on the field currently...

:rolleyes:

"Son, are you on drugs...?"

:D

lordofgun
10-31-2003, 08:33 AM
The difference is that Wys DOES say I told you so. :D

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Larry must be upset that they gave him the boot from Bills Digest.

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 09:06 AM
Is it on the news stands yet? If so- check out the last page!:up:

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Is it on the news stands yet? If so- check out the last page!:up:

You're in it?

I hope mine's in the mail when I get home.

Dozerdog
10-31-2003, 09:15 AM
We are all in it:up:

Pride
10-31-2003, 09:22 AM
can someone get it and scan it in??

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
We are all in it:up:

Cool. Can't wait to check it out!