PDA

View Full Version : The Weakest Link Part II

LABillsFan
09-30-2002, 07:40 AM
Even the announcers talked about haow Denver picked on Watson as he was getting flagged against the Bears. Then the Camera getting a close up of him getting chewed out . :spanku:
What will it take to get this either off the team or correct his major flaws that teams are going to exploit????

LtBillsFan66
09-30-2002, 07:42 AM
Nothing.

He is just an average corner. Any average corner would be taken to school if a team's focus was solely on them.

LABillsFan
09-30-2002, 07:51 AM
I'm afraid you may be right BF1.

LtBillsFan66
09-30-2002, 08:02 AM
What they need to freakin do is blitz more. These QBs have too much time to pick Watson apart.

LABillsFan
09-30-2002, 08:07 AM
I don't know if Blitzing is the answer, but more if Watson is going to get burned week in and week out, then the pressure by the DL has to step up, but it's kind of like saying because of the fumbles and sometimes lack of runnigngame, Drew has to step up even more. At some point players have to produce on their own to earn the right to play.

casdhf
09-30-2002, 08:46 AM
He's average, but at least he's an average 3rd Corner, not a #2

LtBillsFan66
09-30-2002, 09:17 AM
He is a so so corner.

Yes, blitzing and/or more pressure is the answer.

Some f'heads were cheering when he went down during the game. I let them know what a-holes they were. I said I'm glad Watson got hurt so Bostic can step in. I think they got the point.

Watson is the best 3rd corner we have.

WG
09-30-2002, 09:55 AM
cas is right. He's a number 3 CB at best. I'm tellin' ya we can do better on the waiver wire right now.

Just watch him in coverage. Even when they don't go his way he's always 5 yards behind his guy. It's as if he's still adjusting to NFL speed in his 1st game. Unbelieveable.

If he can't cover that well, we would be better off putting an extra safety in at least since we have them. We can then blitz or show blitz and drop back into coverage.

Rebecky
09-30-2002, 11:45 AM
How many teams have three STRONG cb's, anyway? Isn't it up to the coach to do what he can with what he's got?

casdhf
09-30-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
cas is right. He's a number 3 CB at best. I'm tellin' ya we can do better on the waiver wire right now.

I don't think we can. Who's out there that's better??

LtBillsFan66
09-30-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by casdhf

I don't think we can. Who's out there that's better??

I would like to see the list of those players too.