PDA

View Full Version : How do you think GW would have handled this.

Novacane
10-31-2003, 08:53 AM
The more I read about Marvin Lewis the more pissed I get at TD for hiring Greggggggggggg.

Lewis doesn't like choreographed celebrations, and has urged his players to be careful and not get carried away.

Lewis jogged over to Johnson as he returned from the end zone after Sunday's display, and berated him at length. The first-year head coach made it sink in that every action - even one done in fun - has consequences. .....................

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20031031/2037644.asp

Michael82
10-31-2003, 10:53 AM
Hey FTG.....

I'm going to say this one more time....

MARVIN LEWIS DID NOT WANT TO COME TO BUFFALO!

LtBillsFan66
10-31-2003, 10:54 AM
If anyone gets the chance, read Do You Love Football? by Jon Gruden. An easy read. A great look inside the mind of a coach.

Ð
10-31-2003, 10:56 AM
WWGWD ?

mchurchfie
10-31-2003, 12:02 PM
He probably would have had to get the okay from Gilbride, Steckel, LeBeau, Donahoe, Ralph, and the waterboy before he could take any actions.:rolleyes:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Mike, are you the only person besides me that gets that? Lewis didn't want to come into a situation like the Bills were in three years ago. He wanted a situation like the Bengals. A team that he can step right in and win. He has done that. The Bengals put a commitment to winning. They already had a good team. The had a great offseason and one of the best drafts of all time. Of course the guy was going to win. Now everyone thinks he is such a genious because the Bengals are playing great, or are they, the last I seen GW had a better record than him (this season) and has beaten him head to head.

OpIv37
10-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Gregg would do nothing. Bobby Shaw throws a big friggin party after every reception like he just won the Super Bowl. It drives me nuts- a little celebration is one thing, but too much and all you've done is motivate your opponents.

This is why it drives me nuts when people talk about bringing Sapp and Keyshawn here- huge salaries, even bigger mouths, and cockiness on the field. None of that crap wins games. I could probably live with TO if he came here and played up to his reputation, but I'd just as soon save the money for those other two jokers.

But I agree w/ Mike and Ghost- it's a moot point because Lewis wasn't really a possibility.

askabry
10-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Lewis doesn't like choreographed celebrations, and has urged his players to be careful and not get carried away.

Do you recall Gregg's first two games in the preseason of 2001? The Bills were all over the place doing the same grandstanding. Williams comes out and says .... "That's not the way I want my team to act".

Well, I guess he really put his foot down, didn't he?

Novacane
10-31-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Hey FTG.....

I'm going to say this one more time....

MARVIN LEWIS DID NOT WANT TO COME TO BUFFALO!

You guys say that like you have all the facts. We don't know the conversations that went on between him and TD. Bottom line..............if we'd have payed him the right price he would have been here. $$$$ makes our schools look a lot better.